Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Personally I wouldn't count on it nor would i even worry about Staples for a couple of reasons:
  • They only give 1 AM per $40 so it would have to be a mighty $$$ backpack to get very many miles.
  • Whenever they do have multipliers online they rarely post properly for me and i need to chase down those piddly miles (works fine IN STORE though)
We just needed to buy hubby an external hard-drive for his trip out west. He gave me the specs of what he needed/wanted and i went hunting for the best deal. I found it at New Egg (a store thru Airmilesshop), Staples & Best Buy. It was the same price at both Staples & Best Buy (where i could even get free shipping or store pick-up in less than 2 hours.) I chose Best Buy because the maximum Airmiles i would have earned was FOUR if i got it from New Egg or TWO thru Staples. Even if they had a 20 X multiplier that wouldn't be worth it IMHO. Now when they had that offer and he needed a Surface we jumped all over it because that was closer to 1600 AM
Awesome , thank you. I will use Best Buy then and get the 1% back through Swagbucks and call it a day. I feel better not having to worry about it. I would just be annoyed having to chase down miles.

Anyone else receive the spend $125 on your American Express between July 31 and Aug 31 to get 100 bonus AM? Certainly not like last year's bonus AM we got with the American Express card, but I'll take it. Been pretty dry lately for bonus offers!

Anyone else receive the spend $125 on your American Express between July 31 and Aug 31 to get 100 bonus AM? Certainly not like last year's bonus AM we got with the American Express card, but I'll take it. Been pretty dry lately for bonus offers!
No but I did get another Shell offer. Fill up 4 times and get 100 AM. I could have done both offers together which would have been nice.

No but I did get another Shell offer. Fill up 4 times and get 100 AM. I could have done both offers together which would have been nice.

Jealous of both of these offers, lol. I think I need to stop using my Amex for a while AND stop filling up at Shell. Maybe then I will get noticed!

Sobeys Ont.
Buy a $50.00 Roots gift card get 10.00 off.
Sobeys spend 100.00 get 100 airmiles
Pepsi products --spend 25.00 get 25 airmiles---somehow I think this should be a higher airmiles reward than 25

Metro
I think I will be doing this
use 95 cash airmiles for 10.00 of groceries and get 50 airmiles.
4 days only
Aug 2-Aug 5
LIMIT Of One Bonus airmile reward offer per collector per day.
I'll pair it with buy Havarti and cheddar cheese slices 2x 3.99 get 20 bonus airmiles.
and maybe some cashmere TP buy 2x 5.99 get 15 bonus airmiles.
Also the yogurt looks ok too,

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Sobeys Ont.
Buy a $50.00 Roots gift card get 10.00 off.
Buy 100.00 Sobeys Gift card get 100 airmiles
Pepsi products --spend 25.00 get 25 airmiles---somehow I think this should be a higher airmiles reward than 25

Metro
use 95 cash airmiles for 10.00 of groceries and get 50 airmiles.
4 days only
Aug 2-Aug 5

Hugs Mel

I think the Sobey's is spend $100 get 100 AM, and not a buy a gift card. I really, really wish it was their gift card offer instead.

Blue Friday out west at Safeway/Sobey's. Just looked at the flyer, doesn't look like this will be a very good one for us.

Blue Friday out west at Safeway/Sobey's. Just looked at the flyer, doesn't look like this will be a very good one for us.
Not for us either... :( and the Air Miles website doesn't have any Safeway offers/coupons yet either.

I checked the Safeway "get my offers" site as well, and there's nothing good there either. I laugh when I see those coupons based on what you buy because they always give a coupon for something I have stocked up for the next 3 months on! LOL

Expiration dates are mostly for store inventory... DH was going nuts about some yogurt with Feb. expiration, I ripped the top open and showed him: No liquid, perfect texture, normal smell... he immediately apologized and ate the yogurt. :D

Offer confusion here...

Sobeys Atlantic flyer has spend $200 in gift cards, get 100 miles.
I receive an email from Air Miles for Sobeys this weekend, every $100 spent, get 100 miles.

Two completely different offers. How do I find out if the emailed offer would on top of the flyer offer?

I have to say...that even though we have the Blue Fridays out west...the amount of miles attached on the items has been going down. Last year it was spend 20.00 with 4 items and you got 100 AM...now it's down to spend 20.00 with 4 items and you only get 50 AM. Still ok...but not what we were offered last year. Even the dishwasher tabs have gone down to 50 AM. There are a few things I will probably pick up...but it won't be a great Blue Friday shop for me either.

Gift cards are usually exempt from any of the $ spend offers...

Offer confusion here...

Sobeys Atlantic flyer has spend $200 in gift cards, get 100 miles.
I receive an email from Air Miles for Sobeys this weekend, every $100 spent, get 100 miles.

Two completely different offers. How do I find out if the emailed offer would on top of the flyer offer?

I got the email but my threshold spend is $250.00 to receive 100 Airmiles

So weird. My Sobeys MyOffers this week are fairly decent (Johnsonville sausages for 15AM bonus) but then one is a spend offer - spend $100 Get 75AM. Why would they do that the same week as the spend $100 Get 100AM coupon?

I also have a receipt coupon from last Friday’s grocery shop there for $5 off when you spend over $50. I have used that before in combination with the spend $100 Get 100AM.

Slim pickings other than the coupon for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter