Airmiles Armchair Chatter

As much as I would love to do a " Blue Friday " shop, I don't think I can squeeze it in. I'm hoping to get there to pick up a few quick things, but we are heading out of town to go visit the daughter in the big city. I might be able to pick up a few things, maybe in Calgary when we are there. I will have to wait and see what we all do and what we are decide to buy. Hoping to scoop up a few miles with the specials they have on this weekend...especially with the bonus Saturday included.

On an AM high tonight. :)

Last week I bought 1 x $150 GC at Sobeys. Got 150AM. Spent $42 of that GC and got about 25AM.

Today went back and used the Spend $100 Get 100AM coupon AND the $5 off $50+ spend coupon together, plus got about 30AM from offers.

So far on my $150 GC purchase I've earned about 305AM! Not too shabby!

totally never thought of this! I've got that spend $150 and get 150 before end of June too... I should go do that and then do my blue friday shop!

Only thing better than a Friday is when it's a Friday that's leading into a long weekend!! Hope everyone has a great Canada Day weekend, whatever that may bring.

325900-Donald-Duck-Happy-Friday-Lovely-Weekend-Quote.jpg

No Gift Cards are specifically excluded. What osully did was she bought a gift card last week when they were on promotion and she got 150AM for buying the gift card. She then spent the gift card this week and generated more AM using it.

Just got back from Sobey's and the 100 AM coupon bundled with my loaded threshold offers coupon.

I was $5.00 away from my threshold spend which I didn't load because we weren't supposed to be able to stack the offers. I could have found another few things had I known. Boo!:(

A while back there was some discussion about Disney Movie Rewards points and getting Disney gift cards. If you’ve reached your lifetime limit of 4 of the Mickey $10 cards, I accidentally discovered tonight that they now have Mickey $10 e-gift cards which can redeemed for as these must have their own limit of 4. I clicked the e-gift card by accident and it immediately processed (no checkout needed). I redeemed for it from the email they sent. Then went to Disneygift card.com and added the e-gift card amount to the balance on another Disney card so I only need to take the one card when we go back in 2020.

A while back there was some discussion about Disney Movie Rewards points and getting Disney gift cards. If you’ve reached your lifetime limit of 4 of the Mickey $10 cards, I accidentally discovered tonight that they now have Mickey $10 e-gift cards which can redeemed for as these must have their own limit of 4. I clicked the e-gift card by accident and it immediately processed (no checkout needed). I redeemed for it from the email they sent. Then went to Disneygift card.com and added the e-gift card amount to the balance on another Disney card so I only need to take the one card when we go back in 2020.
Don't know how true it is however someone, either on this thread or on the FB thread, mentioned that the limit of 4 applied to each design of GC. So if you had ordered 4 of the Mickey ones you could then order 4 of the Black Panther ones and so on.
Again, not sure if it actually works as I only have 250 in points. Can't do much with that.... :)

Re: Movie rewards: Stupid me, I had them toss the GC I got at WDW when it was used up. Now I will have to wait until I have 1100 points to redeem for an actual GC before I can start collecting the e-GC and loading them. Are the Movie reward GC in $US or Cdn. Could I go to the Disney store in town and get a GC and then load the rewards onto it?

The movie rewards cards come in US funds. Currently they won’t let us add a CAD value card to a USD one, that handy trick stopped last week :(

I can bring you a USD one back when we go in August if you want?

Re: Movie rewards: Stupid me, I had them toss the GC I got at WDW when it was used up. Now I will have to wait until I have 1100 points to redeem for an actual GC before I can start collecting the e-GC and loading them. Are the Movie reward GC in $US or Cdn. Could I go to the Disney store in town and get a GC and then load the rewards onto it?

Thanks, I just have to see a couple of movies and I will have enough to get a regular GC from the rewards site (1100 points). Then I will be able to use that to add the e-cards onto.

Thanks for the info re currency.

Don't know how true it is however someone, either on this thread or on the FB thread, mentioned that the limit of 4 applied to each design of GC. So if you had ordered 4 of the Mickey ones you could then order 4 of the Black Panther ones and so on.
Again, not sure if it actually works as I only have 250 in points. Can't do much with that.... :)

It definitely does work although many of the other designs are $5 cards. Just gives one more option. With The Incredibles, Han Solo and Antman all in theatres now which are movies you can get points for, it's a good time to rack up some points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter