Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Good grief, just got this offer as well but we have to fill up THREE times ... remember the new car?? A FIT that came with a full tank ... we *might* fill up a total of 3 times in a normal month and it only holds 40 L this is NOT happening for us :P

The one we got was to fill up FOUR times in a month. Ok, we have 2 cars, but still...sheesh!

ok, about Shell, we've NEVER not once filled up there with either card, hubby doesn't like the gas (don't ask me why, why fight that?!?!) and it's hard to get to anyway. We went there ONCE during the MM LAST year to get some propane because nothing else was open when it just ran out and only had the one card then. This offer came for the new card only ... and 3 fill-ups?? What a stupid offer for a card that has never been used there!

OH well, on a really exciting note look what came this morning!!!! (and no i did NOT intentionally place my tea mug & refillable mug in the picture, honest :P) I only ordered this on MONDAY! Sad thing is i Literally have no flour in the house so i can't take it for a test drive
34583749_10213766699896609_9100060867201859584_n.jpg

ok, about Shell, we've NEVER not once filled up there with either card, hubby doesn't like the gas (don't ask me why, why fight that?!?!) and it's hard to get to anyway. We went there ONCE during the MM LAST year to get some propane because nothing else was open when it just ran out and only had the one card then. This offer came for the new card only ... and 3 fill-ups?? What a stupid offer for a card that has never been used there!

OH well, on a really exciting note look what came this morning!!!! (and no i did NOT intentionally place my tea mug & refillable mug in the picture, honest :P) I only ordered this on MONDAY! Sad thing is i Literally have no flour in the house so i can't take it for a test drive

Awesome, looks like you're going to have fun!

How do you do this?

Safeway/Sobey's has "Blue Friday" out west every 4-5 weeks (generally). It's a good time to extra air miles, but only worth it if you're going to use what you buy. When I say 'out west', it's my understanding that BC, AB, SK, MB and Thunder Bay are included on Blue Friday.

Where do you live? They're starting to do some limited offers in eastern Canada, and this thread is a good source for that.

I have a loaded offer (Sobeys/Foodland) for the Maple Leaf prime chicken burgers, strips or nuggets (frozen, 750 g) -> same ones in the Foodland flyer. 15 bonus miles.

The flyers says purchase 2 and get 50 bonus miles. Will I also get 30 bonus miles (15 app bonus miles x 2 boxes), or just 15 bonus miles?

Are Maple Leaf and Schneiders the same company when it comes to loaded offers. I have a loaded offer for Schneiders Country Naturals burgers which in the Foodland flyer are referred to as Maple Leaf Country Naturals. The items pictured are the same (one is Angus burger the other is regular but I'm not worried about that aspect). If they treat them the same then I can get a few extra AM purchasing them.

I have a loaded offer (Sobeys/Foodland) for the Maple Leaf prime chicken burgers, strips or nuggets (frozen, 750 g) -> same ones in the Foodland flyer. 15 bonus miles.

The flyers says purchase 2 and get 50 bonus miles. Will I also get 30 bonus miles (15 app bonus miles x 2 boxes), or just 15 bonus miles?

Yes, you *should* get the loaded offer for the burgers as well because they are the same company. You'll only get this bonus ONCE though so just the 15 miles on top of the 50 from the flyer, offers loaded to your card are once & done.

Flyer update time (anyone else think they get a tad too excited for Wednesday to roll around :P ) Links are active in the first post and here's the ones not already in the thread courtesy of Mel
Sobeys:
**In the Ontario flyer

• buy $50 gift card for BassPro, Cabela's or Life Experiences get 75 AM
  • cheesestrings $3.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
Atlantic Flyer
  • Dempster Bagels $3.49 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Spend $10 on Sensations baking products get 15 AM
  • Dare cookies ranging from $1.99 - $4.99 buy 5 get 25 AM
  • Jumbo size cereal $6.99 buy 5 get 100 AM (do you guys eat more cereal than the rest of the country, this is a common offer?!?)
  • Bunch of offers that come in at just under or just over the 1:1 ratio along with a BUNCH of epically bad ones -plastic wrap is $3 buy 2 get 2 AM. If you're buying the products already not bad, but sure not worth just getting for miles!
Urban Fresh Flyer
  • Buy $50 BassPro GC get 75 AM
  • Cheesestrings $3.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Beggin strips $2.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Beneful dry dog food $6.49 buy 2 get 25 AM
Western Flyer
  • Fresh mozzarella starting at $6.49 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Coke product $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • SMart water $1.99 buy 3 get 10 AM
  • SURPRISE .. blood glucose monitor has 2 choices this week to get your 200 AM
  • I'm not seeing much else, pay back for last week's Blue Friday :P
Foodland
** Ontario one item missing from Mel - Maple Leaf cold meats $5.99 buy 2 get 30 AM -- this might be worth a drive for us once we add in some pretzels and depending on the ingredient list for the burgers some of those as well (i think i can see the dangerous word garlic)!

Atlantic Flyer

• holy bad offers Batman - ice cubes $2.99 buy 3 get 5 AM
  • yeah, sorry gang, not looking good for you here :(
Early peek at Rexall - hard to look at but this link will still work with better image by tomorrow night
Ontario Flyer

• Monday June 11th ONLY the Head to Toe offer, not as good as usual spend $40 get 60 AM
  • Fri-Sun spend $30 get $10 gift card
  • buy your Bass Pro gift card here and get a $10 Rexall gift card
  • WOW other than that just a bunch of piddly offers, better to go either today or tomorrow and use the 2 threshold offers!!

Last edited:

Safeway/Sobey's has "Blue Friday" out west every 4-5 weeks (generally). It's a good time to extra air miles, but only worth it if you're going to use what you buy. When I say 'out west', it's my understanding that BC, AB, SK, MB and Thunder Bay are included on Blue Friday.

Where do you live? They're starting to do some limited offers in eastern Canada, and this thread is a good source for that.
MA. So it doesn't work for me. Thanks though

Jacqueline, just a heads up your link for the Rexall flyer above goes to Foodland Atlantic.
Ooopsie -- that's what i get for having 4 tabs open when i do the updates -- 1 with the first post, one with the new post I'm making, one with the flyers and one to double check what offers have already been mentioned :rolleyes1. I fixed it up now, thanks for the heads-up!!

Tomorrow is my day off and I think I will drive to Foodland for the first time since November. Offers haven't been good enough for me to do the 1h drive to ON (2h total of driving). I was thinking of bringing all our ice packs and an isotherm bag to buy the frozen offers for 50AM. I wonder which ones will keep frozen the longest? Any suggestion?

Very nice! Let us know how you like it! I’d like to get one of those via AM one day, after my 2019 Trip Miles are all squared away :)

My Onyx card showed up in the mail today....it looks very similar to my BMO Air Miles card actually.

Haha I totally agree, I may have accidentally tried to pay with my airmiles once because I thought it was my credit card:(
I am forever getting the danged thing mixed up with my SCENE card ... plunk the AM card on the table at Fionn MacCools or push it across the counter at Harveys and the staff get really confused OR try to use my Scene card at Rexall and the cashier doesn't know what to do with it :P

Tomorrow is my day off and I think I will drive to Foodland for the first time since November. Offers haven't been good enough for me to do the 1h drive to ON (2h total of driving). I was thinking of bringing all our ice packs and an isotherm bag to buy the frozen offers for 50AM. I wonder which ones will keep frozen the longest? Any suggestion?

Do you have a cooler. That would be ideal. If not, pack a box of meat in a towel with an ice pack then put that in the insulated bag. Make as many parcels as needed. They should all make it back home without thawing. Another thought, you could pick up one of those styrofoam coolers (I've seen them in the local Dollaramas) and use that with your ice packs.

Last summer I brought frozen soup from St. Jacobs to Ottawa (mid summer) in a cooler packed with ice. It was still frozen solid when we got it home.

I'm also planning to head to Foodland tomorrow--taking the day off.:car:
It is about a 1/2 hour drive to the closest Foodland for me and I use a cooler bag which keeps everything frozen.:cold:
We are celebrating a couple of Birthdays :bday: this weekend so I am planning on getting some of the hamburgers and hotdogs.
I have a "My Offers" targeted offer for the Prime Chicken (20 bonus) airmiles that I loaded.
Here is a link for anyone that is new to "My Offers"
https://getmyoffers.ca/#/

Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs Mel

I picked up a few things I need at Rexall today.........................
Epsom salts----I have no idea why it works ,,,,,,,,,,,but it has been very helpful in controlling my eczema and psoriasis,,(knock on wood).
I spent $42.00 and picked up 125 airmiles. 60 from Load N Go and 60 from email coupon and an extra 5 from the Epsom salts.
Hugs Mel

My targeted offers this week at both Sobeys and Metro are pretty lame!! Hope I can get some pizza & some Haagen Dazs at Metro tonight then I'll be pretty much set. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter