Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The Raisin bread deal at Sobeys is decent - they also have it on the Cinnibon bread. $2.99 each, buy 2 get 25AM - so really spend $6 get $2.50 AM. They aren't big loaves but they are good and come in handy for family brunches. Yesterday I got 8 loaves for $24 and 100AM, two Jams at $2 each for another $4spend and 15 AM so $28 for 115AM not too shabby for stuff my family will plough through. I also converted the rest of my Sobeys GCs into Shell GCs

So what is everyone saving their airmiles for these days?

I'm late to the party, but I just redeemed some miles today for a set of these Bose noise-cancelling headphones. My husband bought a set just before our recent trip to Orlando. I tried them for a couple of minutes on the plane and they were pretty incredible. I gave up trying to watch a movie on that flight because we were sitting behind the engines and I could barely hear the audio through my regular headphones even with the volume set to max. Even if you're not trying to watch a movie, it's great to block out the plane noise. I could still hear people talking to me, but it was like the plane was turned off. Apparently they are specifically tuned to block airplane noise.

My husband had been looking at them for a year or so. He says the price is the same everywhere and he never saw them go on sale. With my Onyx discount they were actually not a bad value (around 12.5 cents/pt), and there was also a "get 75 miles back" offer (ends tomorrow).

I'm not really saving for anything specific right now either. Not sure when we'll get back to Disney next, and we already have a little pile of discounted tickets to work through.

Anyone see this on the Air Miles main page:

Onyx® Collectors: look out for your new AIR MILES® Card – it's arriving soon. In the meantime, there's nothing else you have to do other than keep enjoying Onyx benefits.

I wonder why we are getting "new" cards. I also wonder when/what the changes to the travel program are happening.

Anyone see this on the Air Miles main page:

Onyx® Collectors: look out for your new AIR MILES® Card – it's arriving soon. In the meantime, there's nothing else you have to do other than keep enjoying Onyx benefits.

I wonder why we are getting "new" cards. I also wonder when/what the changes to the travel program are happening.
They send out new ONYX cards every year -- complete waste if you ask me , same card, same number ...

Thank you for noticing, I have personal offer of 3 fill-ups get 100am for April.
Dh got this one too. We have to fill up four times but that shouldn’t be a problem. With his drive for work we use a tank per week. To add to that we have a basketball tournament in London at the end of the month and we’ll be traveling a few hours for Easter dinner this weekend.. so I am expecting to fill up at least 5 times this month.

Wow Rexall does post fast. I just made a purchase on the 28th, I think I talked about it here. And they are loaded. Not only that but, and I dont advocate this. It looks like I was awarded 40am twice. My original, that I had to have fully cancel because it was not showing the bonus 100. And the new ring in total of both the 40 and the 100.
I normally dont like keeping things that dont belong, but in the case I am. They made me go find a wifi to pull up my email with the 100am code on it. Cashier had no clue. Then had to cancel and ring in order. So I am looking at it as earned.
And that completes my bonus 6th for mm as well.

Wow Rexall does post fast. I just made a purchase on the 28th, I think I talked about it here. And they are loaded. Not only that but, and I dont advocate this. It looks like I was awarded 40am twice. My original, that I had to have fully cancel because it was not showing the bonus 100. And the new ring in total of both the 40 and the 100.
I normally dont like keeping things that dont belong, but in the case I am. They made me go find a wifi to pull up my email with the 100am code on it. Cashier had no clue. Then had to cancel and ring in order. So I am looking at it as earned.
And that completes my bonus 6th for mm as well.
Yup, Rexall posts within 24 hours -- 7 days a week, great if you need a quick boost of miles. Don't worry about those extra miles, it's a bit of a glitch in their system that others have noticed as well while doing the very same thing, a "Mulligan" to get coupons to work, and end up with double the miles. Like you said, was a hassle for you to get the coupon to work and 40 miles is a decent "make it right" amount!

I just popped in to Shell to pick up a Canadian Tire GC (DH decided he needs a few things tomorrow). I got 110AM for a $100GC. 10AM for an instore purchase and 5AM for $5 spent instore. (The extra 10AM was a nice surprise)
I need to spend about $400 at Canadian Tire this weekend - there isn't a shell in my area on the list, but will try one and see if I get lucky!

So what is everyone saving their airmiles for these days?
I had always used mine for Disney tickets but the amount of miles I would need for four passes seems soooo far off these days. I don’t have a Disney trip planned right now. I was thinking cruise next winter with Royal Caribbean and was going to save my miles for travel vouchers but with five of us and two rooms and needing flights it was getting ridiculously expensive for an itenary we’ve done before. So I plan to cancel that.
I just switched back over to cash miles and will use them for gas and groceries like I did with the Megamiles. It frees up the cash to use towards our summer trip to Banff and Jasper which is nice.
Maybe during Megamiles next year I will start saving for Disney tickets again. It’s weird for us to not have an Orlando trip in the works. It just seems like its so much more expensive these days and I am ok to wait until 2019 to see the new stuff.
Would love to here everyone’s dreams and plans :)

Not sure right now. I can't plan anything as my job depends on the upcoming provincial election - so after June 7th I'll know if I can plan a trip or not. Ha ha.
But, we have enough aeroplan points (gifted from my mom who can't travel) for the 4 of us to go to Hawaii, or somewhere like Costa Rica. I've got about 13,000 AM dream miles right now, so I switched to AM cash to use towards groceries or gas, then divert the $$ saved from that to our travel fund for a condo rental or something.
We want to go back to Disney in 2020 once all the lands are completed and take my step son's family. So Disney tickets will be the main thing we're saving for as it will most likely be an offsite trip due to budget. I've got 3 so far!
I'm waiting to see how this online booking and using AM towards packages is going to pan out. We don't have a TA that we could use the vouchers out in our city, but if we could book a package online using them that might make a difference in how we use them.

Glad to hear that you got your points back as well as some goodwill points...I, myself, am cashing my points in when I reach $20-$30. I am not going to let them accumulate like I used to...though I will miss getting $100 of groceries for nothing. I have read that there have been numerous reports of stolen PC points and the points seem to have been redeemed in Quebec...I too do not buy their excuse, they are just trying to cover their butts. I think that when we want to redeem our points, we should have to enter a pin or something on the keypad to confirm the redemption.
I completely agree that a PIN or something should be required....otherwise what's to stop this from happening again.

I was beginning to think they were going to leave you in the dust. Thank goodness you got them back, plus the extra ones.
LOL....I thought the same. I'm just one of those people that seems to always get the short end of the stick. Sometimes I wonder if the game is to drag to out so that people will give up and let it go.

On the subject of 'what are you saving for'.....

I got an email from AM telling me that I have enough to redeem for something......um, right, I have 22K AM. Anyway, in the email was a Dyson vacuum for 4500-ish for Onyx with a bonus of 185 miles earned. I've been wanting to get one but don't know much about them....my knowledge of them is based on seeing them on TSC. They have the canister big ball and the upright animal. Does anyone have one or know about them? I have always had a canister but it looks like the Dyson upright would be very easy to use in my house as well. I only have carpet on two staircases and the bedrooms.

I got an email from AM telling me that I have enough to redeem for something......um, right, I have 22K AM. Anyway, in the email was a Dyson vacuum for 4500-ish for Onyx with a bonus of 185 miles earned. I've been wanting to get one but don't know much about them....my knowledge of them is based on seeing them on TSC. They have the canister big ball and the upright animal. Does anyone have one or know about them? I have always had a canister but it looks like the Dyson upright would be very easy to use in my house as well. I only have carpet on two staircases and the bedrooms.

I don't have the model you describe but I LOVE my wireless Dyson and I would buy a bigger model with no worry.

Got 32 AM on a $60 spend at Sobeys on Thursday. What is the deal with this AM drought?! Oh well. At least I used some of my $150 gift card.

We have upright animal version. Came with the brush attachment to ‘vacuum’, my dog will not let us use that on her but the actual vacuum is awesome. Works as well now as it did when we bought, probably 10 years ago

We have upright animal version. Came with the brush attachment to ‘vacuum’, my dog will not let us use that on her but the actual vacuum is awesome. Works as well now as it did when we bought, probably 10 years ago
Do you have much carpet? I feel like an upright would be easier to haul around than a canister but vacuuming the stairs I wonder about. There is a long extension hose for getting in corners and dusting up high right? BTW, I HATE vacuuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter