Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If anyone could answer a couple of questions, I'd appreciate it:

1) Did the Netflix card at Rexall yesterday ($25 get 20AM). They only had the loadable cards available, but when the thing rang up, the system must have been down as my AM listed as unavailable. I want to make sure I get the AM, but I can't remember how soon Rexall posts them. If they don't, I don't have to wait 120 days to go after them, do I?

2) Does anyone know how much the CDN Disney tickets are worth in US $ if I trade them in at Disney? Just wanting to compare with the flexible tickets that are out now. Also, if I go this route, but say I don't cash them in until after Sept. 27, can I still get the full US value on the tickets at that point, or will it be a hassle?

If anyone could answer a couple of questions, I'd appreciate it:

1) Did the Netflix card at Rexall yesterday ($25 get 20AM). They only had the loadable cards available, but when the thing rang up, the system must have been down as my AM listed as unavailable. I want to make sure I get the AM, but I can't remember how soon Rexall posts them. If they don't, I don't have to wait 120 days to go after them, do I?

2) Does anyone know how much the CDN Disney tickets are worth in US $ if I trade them in at Disney? Just wanting to compare with the flexible tickets that are out now. Also, if I go this route, but say I don't cash them in until after Sept. 27, can I still get the full US value on the tickets at that point, or will it be a hassle?

1) Rexall posts within 24 hours -- if your account doesn't show the miles I would go back to the Rexall and ask them "to make it right" otherwise you do need to wait the 120 days. If you mentioned it yesterday they should remember you.

2) You will only get the value you "paid" for them -- so even if you redeemed Airmiles for them they will be worth the same $ value. I can't tell you what that is because they're not on the website anymore. My understanding is that the value you paid for any ticket media will never "expire" even if you reach the date on the ticket ( i guess the Sept 27th is on the ones you have?) so it *shouldn't* be a hassle but again, you'll only get the price you paid NOT what the current gate price is. Changing anything on the DCN tickets means you lose any discount you originally received. That being said, if you redeemed AM for them, they were essentially "free" right?!

So the 7 Day Flex tickets I ordered from Airmiles just arrived (actually yesterday, Fedex truck came while I wasn't here and husband missed it so I've been waiting at the window for 5 hours today, if we missed it today it would be a 45km drive to get them near the airport, such horrible service however, regular driver is very nice). 5 day delivery over a holiday weekend.

So the date on them is stamped 3/22/19 (regular Disney hard tickets) with no expiry date listed. Airmiles assured me they are pre-March 12 increase tickets with Dec 2019 expiry but I'll see what happens on Sunday at guest services.

Only two things at Sobeys for me..........disappointed
Nature Valley Bars
Buy 5 at $2.99 each get 50 airmiles
Dasani water buy 3 at $4 each get 50 airmiles.
Oh well maybe next week we will get a Blue Fri.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Oh, is anyone else having problems with the Sobeys app offers? I used to get them good for two weeks but it looks like they are only good for one week now, not sure if it's just me or if that's a change.

Mine are one week as well. Last week I had the Crest offers, said they were good two weeks and they expired all my offers including the Crest a week early.

And I will check Sobeys tomorrow!

Well dang, you're right! My Sobey's offers are messed up as well, phooey!
images

1) Rexall posts within 24 hours -- if your account doesn't show the miles I would go back to the Rexall and ask them "to make it right" otherwise you do need to wait the 120 days. If you mentioned it yesterday they should remember you.

2) You will only get the value you "paid" for them -- so even if you redeemed Airmiles for them they will be worth the same $ value. I can't tell you what that is because they're not on the website anymore. My understanding is that the value you paid for any ticket media will never "expire" even if you reach the date on the ticket ( i guess the Sept 27th is on the ones you have?) so it *shouldn't* be a hassle but again, you'll only get the price you paid NOT what the current gate price is. Changing anything on the DCN tickets means you lose any discount you originally received. That being said, if you redeemed AM for them, they were essentially "free" right?!

I don't see anything as of today from Rexall. I'll check tomorrow again and if it's not there I'll swing by the store.

The CDN discount tickets are still on the website, which is why I was asking if anyone knew what the $ value was for those tickets on trade-in. I want to see which type of ticket is the better value for me - discount or flex. I use them towards AP's.

I'm thinking maybe Sobeys is going to a one week offer like Metro. I hope not but mine changed last week as well.

After reviewing my spreadsheet I am waiting on a number of offers to post. Most of them are email targeted offers. March Sobeys spend $ get ?AM, Mix and Match, Airmiles shop at Sobeys and Shell. Things like that. They all have wait 120 days in their terms and conditions so I guess they may be sitting on the spreadsheet for a while. That's ok as I'm not in a hurry to spend more miles anytime soon.

Last edited:
Just got my next Fast Track offer and it will be a tad trickier ! Same bonus and i only need to do 10 transactions BUT it has to be at 10 DIFFERENT partners, I'm not even sure i have access to 10?? This is going to be a challenge I'd welcome comments from others who get this offer -- it doesn't mention that online doesn't count, or credit cards :confused3
  1. Metro
  2. Shell
  3. Staples
  4. Urban Fresh
  5. Rexall
  6. ????
  7. ??
  8. ?????
  9. ???
  10. ?!?!?!?

upload_2019-4-24_16-49-30.png

Just got my next Fast Track offer and it will be a tad trickier ! Same bonus and i only need to do 10 transactions BUT it has to be at 10 DIFFERENT partners, I'm not even sure i have access to 10?? This is going to be a challenge I'd welcome comments from others who get this offer -- it doesn't mention that online doesn't count, or credit cards
Good thing you read the small print because I didn't notice it was 10 different partners. Looking below I may be able to make the 10 but I don't have any airmiles credit cards so that is out but you are correct - what about online shopping - at Chapters and stuff? Does that count as 1 for a partner or just 1 for online? Tricky tricky. Also some stores like Action Car and Truck need $40 to earn 1 airmile and 150 air miles is only $15 so is the expense worth the bonus?
  1. Metro - easy use targeted offer
  2. Shell - spend $10 on lottery
  3. Staples - 1 mile for $40 and I don't really need anything.
  4. Sobeys - my normal shop
  5. Rexall - find a targeted offer
  6. LCBO - find a targeted offer
  7. Lowes - 1 mile per $20 and it is garden season
  8. Rona - same as Lowes
  9. Chapters - online though
  10. Thought about Best Western but it is a better value to earn Best Western points than convert to air miles. So I will probably still need to find a tenth????

I’ve got a new fast track offer too. Mine is 8 partners, earn 120. I can come up with 6 easily and possible 7th but the 8th :confused3 It expires on May 22nd so that’s another hurdle...I typically only get out once a week to do any shopping.

Just got my next Fast Track offer and it will be a tad trickier ! Same bonus and i only need to do 10 transactions BUT it has to be at 10 DIFFERENT partners, I'm not even sure i have access to 10?? This is going to be a challenge I'd welcome comments from others who get this offer -- it doesn't mention that online doesn't count, or credit cards :confused3
  1. Metro
  2. Shell
  3. Staples
  4. Urban Fresh
  5. Rexall
  6. ????
  7. ??
  8. ?????
  9. ???
  10. ?!?!?!?

View attachment 396642

Time to put this offer into perspective. That is a ridiculous amount of work for $15 worth of AM. You are better off waiting for a deal at Rexall spend $50 get 100AM and doing that twice. Or shop a Blue Friday and only pick up a few things. Don't get hung up on the thrill of the hunt. Keep it real.

Time to put this offer into perspective. That is a ridiculous amount of work for $15 worth of AM. You are better off waiting for a deal at Rexall spend $50 get 100AM and doing that twice. Or shop a Blue Friday and only pick up a few things. Don't get hung up on the thrill of the hunt. Keep it real.
Yup just what I was thinking. I can get better deals shopping at Sobeys with my targeted offers and I only have to shop once. Thanks for thinking like me and making me think about this offer. I was really happy when I first read it until I realized that it was 10 partners and then it wasn't such a good offer.

Good thing you read the small print because I didn't notice it was 10 different partners. Looking below I may be able to make the 10 but I don't have any airmiles credit cards so that is out but you are correct - what about online shopping - at Chapters and stuff? Does that count as 1 for a partner or just 1 for online? Tricky tricky. Also some stores like Action Car and Truck need $40 to earn 1 airmile and 150 air miles is only $15 so is the expense worth the bonus?
  1. Metro - easy use targeted offer
  2. Shell - spend $10 on lottery
  3. Staples - 1 mile for $40 and I don't really need anything.
  4. Sobeys - my normal shop
  5. Rexall - find a targeted offer
  6. LCBO - find a targeted offer
  7. Lowes - 1 mile per $20 and it is garden season
  8. Rona - same as Lowes
  9. Chapters - online though
  10. Thought about Best Western but it is a better value to earn Best Western points than convert to air miles. So I will probably still need to find a tenth????

Do you have a Foodland near you

I think I am back to Shell offers this week.........
Hugs
Mel

I am waiting on
2 Sobeys *Miss you offers*75x2 points=150---OOPS it just posted!!!!
1 Sobeys shop points to post=87--- OOPS it just posted!!
3 Shell offers=150
2 Foodland gift cards points=300---OOPS it just posted!!!
Oh my gosh I'm almost caught up!!

Last edited:
The CDN discount tickets are still on the website, which is why I was asking if anyone knew what the $ value was for those tickets on trade-in. I want to see which type of ticket is the better value for me - discount or flex. I use them towards AP's.

If I recall correctly, the Canadian ones (5D/7D after tax) are worth around $350/$368 USD. The flex ones are worth either $489/$521 USD (pre March increase amount) or $611/$627 USD (current Disney website value).

I haven't receive any of these fast track offers! So frustrating! I'm really not into air miles these days. ugh
I'm with you. Much as I love the Blue Friday hunt, my shelves and freezer are bursting at the seams. The next little while is going to be a "use up what you have" refrain and airmiles are going to have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter