• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I finally got my return flights for my August Disney trip. Now I can't get in to Air Canada to pick seats. Yes I pay to do that. Kiddo gets flight sick and does better at the front of the plane, if I wait they put us way in the back and it's not fun. Used to be a link I could use but it keeps telling me I booked outside of Air Canada so I can't use it... but when I check on Air Canada's site it says "since you booked through someone else use this link to pick your seats" and around I go! So I called and it's a 47 to 69 minutes wait... wth? I have a call back I guess I'll wait for that but holy smokes that is bad service. I still have to book the flights down there, but I will be doing that in a few days, hopefully they don't go up too much more. And I got another $500 Disney card at Rexall today, too bad you don't get AM on those purchases. But I haven't seen them at Shell.

Air Canada is one of the airlines that has the Boeing Max planes and from what I am understanding they are being bombarded with people wanting to cancel or rebook on other planes. I'm not surprised at the wait times. They are very busy at the moment, as you can imagine.
So far they don't want to wave fees for people who want to cancel so they are probably getting a few choice words in their ears so be kind when you finally get through.

Air Canada is one of the airlines that has the Boeing Max planes and from what I am understanding they are being bombarded with people wanting to cancel or rebook on other planes. I'm not surprised at the wait times. They are very busy at the moment, as you can imagine.
So far they don't want to wave fees for people who want to cancel so they are probably getting a few choice words in their ears so be kind when you finally get through.

They did call me back so I was able to book the seats I wanted, it took less than 5 minutes. I guess I'm not up to speed on anything to do with flights :) I'll have to look at that! I still have to book my flights to Orlando but will be able to do all of that online so won't have to speak to anyone.

I can't remember how much you have to spend in store to get an AM at Shell, but yes lottery tickets do count. I got some last summer when they had a few bonuses going on (ice cream plus 10 when you spend $5 I think? I'd add a $1 lottario to get to the $5 pre tax and voila!).

I finally got my return flights for my August Disney trip. Now I can't get in to Air Canada to pick seats. Yes I pay to do that. Kiddo gets flight sick and does better at the front of the plane, if I wait they put us way in the back and it's not fun. Used to be a link I could use but it keeps telling me I booked outside of Air Canada so I can't use it... but when I check on Air Canada's site it says "since you booked through someone else use this link to pick your seats" and around I go! So I called and it's a 47 to 69 minutes wait... wth? I have a call back I guess I'll wait for that but holy smokes that is bad service. I still have to book the flights down there, but I will be doing that in a few days, hopefully they don't go up too much more.

Try going into "Book" then "Manage Bookings" sub heading "Flight". This is where I have gone in the past to do my seat reservations.

I didn't see you had resolved this before posting.

Does anyone know if an order for $52 from Amazon, but is actually split into 2 different payment times (1 item is a preorder, which I wasn't aware of) will count as a $50 purchase for the mix and match AM promotion? I'm thinking no.

Does anyone know if an order for $52 from Amazon, but is actually split into 2 different payment times (1 item is a preorder, which I wasn't aware of) will count as a $50 purchase for the mix and match AM promotion? I'm thinking no.
If the payment is split into 2, no it won't count. This is from the terms & conditions of the promo

Collectors must make eligible purchases of $50 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, in a single transaction

I can't remember how much you have to spend in store to get an AM at Shell, but yes lottery tickets do count. I got some last summer when they had a few bonuses going on (ice cream plus 10 when you spend $5 I think? I'd add a $1 lottario to get to the $5 pre tax and voila!).

I finally got my return flights for my August Disney trip. Now I can't get in to Air Canada to pick seats. Yes I pay to do that. Kiddo gets flight sick and does better at the front of the plane, if I wait they put us way in the back and it's not fun. Used to be a link I could use but it keeps telling me I booked outside of Air Canada so I can't use it... but when I check on Air Canada's site it says "since you booked through someone else use this link to pick your seats" and around I go! So I called and it's a 47 to 69 minutes wait... wth? I have a call back I guess I'll wait for that but holy smokes that is bad service. I still have to book the flights down there, but I will be doing that in a few days, hopefully they don't go up too much more. And I got another $500 Disney card at Rexall today, too bad you don't get AM on those purchases. But I haven't seen them at Shell.

Guess I'm locked in to this trip now, with the ticket prices increasing today, and now the flight home booked, I guess I'm going for sure! And can't change the reservation again :) Oh, I also booked EMM for MK and HS while we are there, and have the Rhino thing at AK booked. I think this will be my most expensive trip ever, and the last one for a while!!

Use this!

https://services.aircanada.com/ServicingPNR/Ancillary/ACO/locale.do?method=english

This is the link to use if you book with air miles! Only way to access your flights and book seats.

Use this!

https://services.aircanada.com/ServicingPNR/Ancillary/ACO/locale.do?method=english

This is the link to use if you book with air miles! Only way to access your flights and book seats.

That's the one I was using, put in my number and name and it told me I hadn't booked through Aircanada so couldn't use it. Then I went to the main AC site and tried there, it told me I hadn't booked through them so had to go to that link... round and round! The lady on the phone was helpful and it was quick. She didn't wait for me to tell her what seats I wanted, so I had to get her to change that, she seemed in a hurry.

Being on March break I don't keep up with the news like when I'm at work.

Being on March break I don't keep up with the news like when I'm at work.

Short version, there was a plane crash Sunday, the 2nd in less than 6 months with the same type of plane, similar circumstances, within minutes of take-off. Up to this point several airlines have grounded their planes but both AC & Westjet are still using theirs. It's getting even more worrisome for travelers because more and more countries have put airspace bans in place, the entire EU, China, Mexico, Australia and the list is growing. Up to this point neither CDN airline is allowing people to change flights without paying the stiff fee (worse for those who have gone with the new bare bones fares)

Short version, there was a plane crash Sunday, the 2nd in less than 6 months with the same type of plane, similar circumstances, within minutes of take-off. Up to this point several airlines have grounded their planes but both AC & Westjet are still using theirs. It's getting even more worrisome for travelers because more and more countries have put airspace bans in place, the entire EU, China, Mexico, Australia and the list is growing. Up to this point neither CDN airline is allowing people to change flights without paying the stiff fee (worse for those who have gone with the new bare bones fares)

Wow. That really isn't good business is it? And tragic too. Hopefully they solve the problem with the planes before any more tragedies.

If the payment is split into 2, no it won't count. This is from the terms & conditions of the promo

Collectors must make eligible purchases of $50 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, in a single transaction

As long as you have 1 Amazon order confirmation showing a total over $50 - even if it ships in 2 - you should be able to fix that on AirMiles chat if it doesn’t post automatically. It’s happened to me 2 or 3 times - I think because we have Amazon Prime - and AirMiles chat always treats it like 1 order.

As long as you have 1 Amazon order confirmation showing a total over $50 - even if it ships in 2 - you should be able to fix that on AirMiles chat if it doesn’t post automatically. It’s happened to me 2 or 3 times - I think because we have Amazon Prime - and AirMiles chat always treats it like 1 order.

Agreed. Amazon often splits my orders into 2 or more. But as long as my original order shows that I had the correct dollar amount for my order I always get the air miles. Sometimes the air miles automatically come through just fine. But sometimes I have to contact Air Miles. Just keep your e-mail confirmation showing you placed the order meeting the $50 requirements (in red above) in 1 order and you will get the miles.

I just read about someone on Facebook contacting the personal shopper program to get a quote on MNSSHP tickets. It never occured to me that Air Miles could provide those. I resigned myself to paying for them out of my paypal account, which would take a huge hit. I'll have to get a quote as my trip gets closer.

Sobeys Atlantic has the gift card deal back! Spend $200 get 100 miles! I'm sure the other Sobeys will have something similar as well.

Edit to add: At the very bottom, it has:

35 miles for every $25 in gift cards for Aldo, Cabelas, Mastermind Toys and The Children's Place.

Not too shabby batch of stores!

So how do you know if your plane is a MAX? Does it need to actually say MAX in it when telling you the aircraft type?

Go to this website and enter your flight info. Note: the airlines can change your aircraft right up until flight time. Yes it will say MAX if your flight is on one.

https://www.seatguru.com/

I was going to book a connecting flight home to Ottawa from Toronto. Decided to give myself and extra hour, in case. Booked the flight. Yesterday I went to the site and noticed that the earlier flight was on a MAX 8.

Flyer review. I am glad there isn't anything too enticing in this weeks flyers. I need to eat through the freezer in anticipation of Mega Miles deals coming out next week. Just a few fresh fruits and veggies for me this week.

Agreed. Amazon often splits my orders into 2 or more. But as long as my original order shows that I had the correct dollar amount for my order I always get the air miles. Sometimes the air miles automatically come through just fine. But sometimes I have to contact Air Miles. Just keep your e-mail confirmation showing you placed the order meeting the $50 requirements (in red above) in 1 order and you will get the miles.

Agreed, I've had orders split into 2 shipments but I think this situation might be different because the payment is also being split? I've also had this happen and the invoice I got thru email showed 2 separate totals as well. Just not sure how agreeable airmiles would be if you need to chase down the miles and you get a rep who insists on seeing the receipt :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter