Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Right now I have four bonus offers with a 90-day T&C that I am waiting on! I was hoping to have a clean spreadsheet prior to STB getting started. This is going to get confusing. Anyone else have a lot of outstanding miles waiting to post?

Not sure if this is allowed.....

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-miles-shop-block-2018-nationwide-nov-15-dec-27-2234901/

Based on this list of coupons it will be really hard for me to get 7...even if they include Amex and MC.

ETA: There should also be Sobeys, Foodland and LCBO so not that hard if those are included.
Yep based on that list I couldn’t get to seven period. But that won’t be it. With Sobey’s, LCBO and Foodland I should be able to get there. There are always more added as the promo goes on as well.

Maybe my memory is failing me. Wasn't STB always based on number of partners, not number of offers? IIRC though, places like Sobeys, Foodland, Urban Fresh, and even Sobeys Pharmacy were considered "different sponsors". There were the little stars (or circles or something) that got filled in on the website when you saved offers from different sponsors, but two coupons from the same sponsor only got you one filled in shape. That's how you knew if they were considered to be the same sponsor or not.

If I can make it without nuts it would be great! I have a recipe I use but one out of 3 or 4 batches works and kiddo will eat. No nuts at school :)

I have always substituted chocolate chips for nuts. When I had a dayhome care program when my boys were young we couldn't have nuts in any of the food served while other kids were in my care. So I would always sub out the nuts for chocolate chips. And honestly, they kids would gobble anything up even if it had 2 little chocolate chips in it ...and parents would be like " how did you get little Johnny to eat that?" lol I didn't give out my secret :rolleyes1

Yeah I was looking at Greely. I was hoping there was one in Arnprior, but not there either - that's actually closer for me - I'm out in Dunrobin!

I keep thinking that Ottawa, particularly west-end Ottawa, is somehow disproportionately represented in this thread. There must be at least a half-dozen of us in the west end, plus a few more elsewhere in the city.

I'm out towards Dunrobin myself, and it would take something pretty special to make me drive to Osgoode or Greely for Air Miles, unless I had a reason to be out in that direction anyway. I think we're a little spoiled by the number of Air Miles partners in easy proximity though. I count five along March Road alone, all within a few kilometres.

I keep thinking that Ottawa, particularly west-end Ottawa, is somehow disproportionately represented in this thread. There must be at least a half-dozen of us in the west end, plus a few more elsewhere in the city.

I'm out towards Dunrobin myself, and it would take something pretty special to make me drive to Osgoode or Greely for Air Miles, unless I had a reason to be out in that direction anyway. I think we're a little spoiled by the number of Air Miles partners in easy proximity though. I count five along March Road alone, all within a few kilometres.

Yes, I agree - I have no issues hitting airmiles partners between work and home - Rexall, Metro, Sobey's, Shell, LCBO..... I don't think I'll have too hard a time with the promo even without foodland. At least I hope!!

Maybe my memory is failing me. Wasn't STB always based on number of partners, not number of offers? IIRC though, places like Sobeys, Foodland, Urban Fresh, and even Sobeys Pharmacy were considered "different sponsors". There were the little stars (or circles or something) that got filled in on the website when you saved offers from different sponsors, but two coupons from the same sponsor only got you one filled in shape. That's how you knew if they were considered to be the same sponsor or not.

Yes I think it has always been different partners, as Sobeys usually had more than one coupon, but only one counted towards the seven.

That's what I thought too but I just looked at last year's spreadsheet. Sobeys had tacos, chocolate bars, a redemption, bacon, herbal essence shampoo etc., Foodland had tacos, creamer, chocolate bars etc. Any of that sound familiar??

The Sobeys Pharmacy one was in the spring, Mega Miles.

Those are my records anyway.

So DH received the Shell offer (4 x 25L for 100AM) again this month so earlier today I stopped at Shell, filled my car with gas and used 95 cash AM from DH card to help pay my fill-up so I got a total of 21 AM. That means that at the end of the month he should get 184 AM just for filling up our car. Not bad at all and almost exactly what he needs to become Onyx!

Last year it was coupons, previous years it was sponsors. I only remember because I actually managed to do it last year and never had before :)

Last year was not 7 different retailers. It was 7 different coupons.

For example last year my STB coupons #3 and #4 were BOTH at Foodland. One was buy 3 cadbury chocolate bars get 20 air miles. The other was buy 1 Tia taco kit and get 20 air miles. Both those coupons, both valid at Foodland, counted toward the 7 coupons to use.

However, the coupon only counted once toward the 7 coupons. I could use two "buy 3 cadbury chocolate bars" and get the 20 air miles twice, but only the first use would count towards my 7 coupons.

Does that explain it better?

So DH received the Shell offer (4 x 25L for 100AM) again this month so earlier today I stopped at Shell, filled my car with gas and used 95 cash AM from DH card to help pay my fill-up so I got a total of 21 AM. That means that at the end of the month he should get 184 AM just for filling up our car. Not bad at all and almost exactly what he needs to become Onyx!

Dh has that as well. I'm holding off cashing in airmiles on his account as he only has a few hundred cash miles, hopefully he'll have more by the time STB starts.

Dh has that as well. I'm holding off cashing in airmiles on his account as he only has a few hundred cash miles, hopefully he'll have more by the time STB starts.

Since he has over 3000 cash AM in his account (I now switched him to Dreams), we don't mind spending a few for gas so we get the 20AM every time we use cash AM to pay at Shell. On my account, I only have 461 cash AM so I am holding on them for STB.

Rexall coupon link, 60am wus $40, Monday to Thursday:
http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2018/Nov5/Nov-5_COUPON-4060-ON.pdf

There is also this, which I'm still trying to figure out, I don't see it in the flyer so I expect we will see it tomorrow in a separate email.

View attachment 363347

I just got the email about this.

I wonder if I can stack the following:
1. 60AM wus $40 (email coupon)
2. 50AM when you buy $25 Cough/Cold/Pain (email offer)
3. 30AM when you buy 2 Advil (email offer)
4. 25AM wus $25 (Load & Go offer)

If so, it looks as though I can spend +- $40 on Advil cough/cold/pain and get 165 AM.

I just got the email about this.

I wonder if I can stack the following:
1. 60AM wus $40 (email coupon)
2. 50AM when you buy $25 Cough/Cold/Pain (email offer)
3. 30AM when you buy 2 Advil (email offer)
4. 25AM wus $25 (Load & Go offer)

If so, it looks as though I can spend +- $40 on Advil cough/cold/pain and get 165 AM.
That's my thought as well! But I'm not sure i need any cough/cold products at the moment

Hope no one minds that I pulled all the StB questions & comments over to that thread, but when I'm in the city and on the bus I don't have access to my records. When i look at the notifications on my phone I tend to forget to look again when i get home and then things get missed. I find it easier for ME if we keep the weekly thread dedicated to the flyer offers and our general chatter and the promo discussions in one place. Makes it easy if anyone needs to search for something specific (go to the search bar and filter to "Search this Thread Only") I will pull answers to common questions into one of the posts on the first page as well for easy reference. I want to make sure everyone can earn the maximum miles.

As things become clearer and I have access to a coupon booklet myself i will update the first page with the confirmed details about the promo. I don't like to add too much speculation in the first posts so that people don't get confused if they join in midway. I will keep that page current and try to have the answers to the questions that pop up more than once there for easy access.

Don't feel you can't join in the chatter about the what-if's and add information you've seen elsewhere-- helps to get us all prepared for the hunt!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter