Airmiles Armchair Chatter

DilEmma, welcome back. There are no big offers on right now. The hunting is pretty tough these days. The most up to date current info is in the first post. When you're settled in, get back to your Sobeys, Foodland, Rexall, Metro routine.

I can only imagine you had a great year abroad. You should do up a trip report (of sorts) and the rest of us can live vicariously through you.

No frills has some pretty good points offers this week - like Smokies - on sale for $8 which is good, get 4,000 pts so really $4 smokies vs normal $9.99. We have a big one near our cottage in Renfrew so will load up on those

Time to study the flyers! Links are live in the first post and here are the ones not yet shared by our early-bird Mel!
Sobeys:
** Ontario -- i won't be buying my baking supplies there far too $$ I just bought 10 Kg of flour at Zehrs for $8.99. There must be a TON of items in store with miles though, the flyer says 2635 :O

Urban Fresh Flyer

• Coke products 1.25 L $1.69 buy 3 get 10 AM
  • WOW .. only a few others that come in at 1:1 ratio, they *might* have the soup offer as well
Western Flyer
  • All week - spend $100 get 100 AM
  • Bothwell cheese 170 g starting at $4 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Dempster's bread products $$2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Vitalux vitamins $2 off buy 1 get 20 AM (no price mentioned ??)
  • Reactine & Benadryl $2 off buy 2 get 15 AM (again, no price mentioned)
  • SURPRISE! Blood glucose monitors $68 get 200 AM
  • Several soap & shampoo products with big miles shown ranging from buy 4 get 30 AM to buy 3 get 75 AM BUT once again no price mentioned
  • Get your booze on this week! Spend $200 get 200 AM OR spend $250 get 300 AM
  • Got a wedding coming up? Buy a case of wine for $175 get 120 AM (there are lots of cases on sale with big miles you can combine with the above offer and make out like a bandit -- doubt the foodbanks would want this though :P )
Atlantic Flyer
  • Thursday - Sunday Buy $200 gift card get 100 AM
  • Spend $20 on General Mills products ranging from $1 - $3.00 get 30 AM
  • Duncan Hines brownie mixes $2.49 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Christie crackers new varieties $2.49 buy 4 get 15 AM
  • Several offers hovering near the 1:1 ratio and LOTS that are stupid-low!
Foodland: Ontario the ONLY offer worth mentioning Glad garbage bags $5.99 buy 2 get 15 AM otherwise PATHETIC
Atlantic Flyer

• Hold onto your hats this week there are 90 miles in the flyer :P
  • Meat or cheese tray $2.39/100 g spend $15 get 30 AM
  • The rest of those miles?? How bout you spend $12 on Kraft dressings and get FIVE miles?!?!
Metro
  • The ice cream that has bonus miles this week -- is on sale week for $4.44 instead of the current *sale price* of $5.99
  • Anyone craving a waffle sammie from Sleepy Hollow while sitting in front of the castle can satisfy it with the suggestion in the flyer on page 8 :P
  • OOOH yippee Yeast is on sale! And all the tools of the trade for making Strawberry freezer jam for our fresh bread!!!

Thanks for the heads up Donald, my son works a block north of the Urban Fresh downtown. I'll get him to pop in and pick up some Coke. He can drink it at work and I'll get the AM. Every little bit helps.

I stopped at Shell for some gas and lottery tickets, apparently lotto counts as an instore purchase? I spent $5 on that, plus 25 L of gas, and got 6 bonus miles (3 for each). I didn't realize the tickets would count!

I ran out of deodorant today. I think I am going to go for a $50 spend at Rexall tomorrow... get 100AM. Milk, tylenol, paper products, coffee, should get quite a bit of stuff we are out of! Then I will see what I can get at Sobeys. Bad offerings!!

I ran out of deodorant today. I think I am going to go for a $50 spend at Rexall tomorrow... get 100AM. Milk, tylenol, paper products, coffee, should get quite a bit of stuff we are out of! Then I will see what I can get at Sobeys. Bad offerings!!
STOP the presses!! I would suggest taking time to look at the flyer that starts on Friday instead of using the one day coupon!!! So many offers on products and there is a threshold spend this weekend as well spend $50 get 100 It's not live on smart cannucks yet so the link i have is for Reebee
Rexall Ontario Flyer

• 2 week mega airmile bonus offers --up to 700 miles
  • quick glance shows 15 AM for 2 dove/axe/q-tips/degree etc ranging from 3.99 - 8.99
  • spend $30 on bogo 50% vitamins get 30 AM
  • just too many to mention :cool1:

STOP the presses!! I would suggest taking time to look at the flyer that starts on Friday instead of using the one day coupon!!! So many offers on products and there is a threshold spend this weekend as well spend $50 get 100 It's not live on smart cannucks yet so the link i have is for Reebee
Rexall Ontario Flyer

• 2 week mega airmile bonus offers --up to 700 miles
  • quick glance shows 15 AM for 2 dove/axe/q-tips/degree etc ranging from 3.99 - 8.99
  • spend $30 on bogo 50% vitamins get 30 AM
  • just too many to mention :cool1:
Thank you!!!

If anyone is looking for them, Air Miles has 5 and 7 day adult WDW passes back in inventory. The cost has increased from right before they introduced the Canadian Resident promotion. 5 day pass is now 5100 AM and the 7 day pass is now 5400 AM.

Wow! That is a big increase, isn't it? I think when I got ours back in the spring of 2017, they were 3325 (5-day kids) and 3500 (5-day adults)...

Wow! That is a big increase, isn't it? I think when I got ours back in the spring of 2017, they were 3325 (5-day kids) and 3500 (5-day adults)...

It's because over the past year or so, AM is "apparently" not getting their DW tickets at a discount, but at regular park price. 5400 AM for a 7-day adult works out to $568.40 CDN ((5400 / 95) * $10). Buying a 7-day ticket at the park is $441.98 * 1.3 = $574.57 CDN. Depending on exchange rate, it's basically the same.
Only good thing about this is I don't have to wrangle with the CM to price-bridge, unless they come up with a number that's different.

Links for the Rexall flyers are active in the first post -- Smartcanucks is much easier to deal with since they let you see all of the flyers, not just the ones in your actual postal code!
Western Flyer
Ontario Flyer

I'm gonna be able to clean up this weekend!! Here's what will be brought home to the Duck Pond:

• Sunscreen not sure which has miles attached but we need some (hubby burns walking past a florescent lightbulb :P) --could net us 10 AM
  • Vitamins -- spend $30 get 30 -- getting old has some advantages in the Airmiles hunt!
  • Bandaids never have too many of those!
  • Airwicks refills (neighbours have cats and don't clean the litter box very often :faint:) , lysol wipes, dishwasher cleaner - I have a bunch of coupons as well $30 get 15 AM
  • Dove Shampoo - $4.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • so many other little things, this will be a lengthy wander and calculate trip with more than likely at least 2 transactions!
There will be new LnG offers tomorrow as well so I'm even gonna wait to see if there is a threshold spend offer for next week that might allow even MORE miles :rolleyes1

I just wish they would get some WDW passes that didn't need to be used by Dec 2018.
3 or 4 day passes would be nice tooooo!:lovestruc
Right now I use airmiles to get Starbuck Gift cards to offset the cost of food.
Hugs Mel

I had a very successful trip to Sobeys Kanata tonight. There are quite a few good AM offers that aren't in the flyer. One in particular - Jif Peanut Butter and Smuckers jam - all on for $3.99 buy 4 get 25AM....quite good on the PB deal but can mix and match. Also Egg Creations are on $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM and I had a loaded offer buy 1 get 10 which worked twice so spent $6 got 30AM. Had $130 get 30AM threshold. Lots and lots of soup in store - they won't run out. Lots of deals even with no AM attached. I spend $143 and got 299AM plus 14 on Mastercard plus $5 off coupon for $50spend at Sobeys and 5 cents off per litre at Shell max 75 litre ($3.75 value). Very good for Sobeys ON

Nice! I think I'm just going to get basics at Sobeys this week. Going to do a $55+ shop at Rexall tomorrow as we need a bunch of things I can get there. Will use the $5 off $25 coupon and do the spend $50 get 100AM. Should get about 20 other bonus AM based on what I need to buy.

Here's hoping it doesn't rain so I can walk to Rexall and get exercise too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter