Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just found this little gem! There are also several stores that have their own multipliers so be sure to make note of that info when you order something to make sure you get all you deserve if (come on, we all know WHEN) you need to chase them down.
upload_2018-4-24_11-46-14.png

Here's a direct link to the stores with the bonus offers

Airmilesshop Birthday Sale
Here's the terms & conditions from the website:
Tuesday April 24 2018 until Monday April 30, 2018. Get 15x Miles sitewide
† LIMITED TIME OFFER: Get 15x AIR MILES® Reward Miles on qualifying purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, made in a single transaction between 00:00:01 AM ET on April 24 and 23:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2018. Offer applies to the total Base Miles collected on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, duty and taxes. Base offer may vary per store, click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. For travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals, and hotels), travel must be booked by April 30, 2018 and completed by June 30, 2018. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.

What?! I JUST placed an order with the bay on AM shops and I didn't see that! ugh
You're ok, from the terms I shared .. the time period is from 00:00:01 TODAY. So you will get the 15X PLUS HBC has a 2X to go with their BayDay sale

ETA, PLUS you'll get whatever miles your HBC points convert to, great time to shop with them (currently working on an order myself)

OK, one more thing to add to the above info -- I'm currently watching a pillow i want that's on sale at the Bay for $132 and hoping for the Bay to add on their sale for using my HBC card (usually an extra 20%) OR if that doesn't happen i will order it thru the Linen Chest and take advantage of their price match guarantee (they take an extra 10% off). I peeked at the Linen Chest site and found this info on the home page
upload_2018-4-24_12-1-56.png
With the fine print:
Get 5 reward miles® for every $20 you spend online per transaction excluding shipping, handling and taxes. Not applicable on the purchase of gift cards. Offer subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshop.ca before purchasing in order to earn reward miles. Reward miles will appear in your Collector Account within 75 days. To collect AIR MILES® reward miles you must be a Canadian resident.

On the Airmileshop site they are listed as having only 3X -- they also have a one day free shipping event today

***ETA the airmiles site has now updated to show the 5X as well

Last edited:
Just found this little gem! There are also several stores that have their own multipliers so be sure to make note of that info when you order something to make sure you get all you deserve if (come on, we all know WHEN) you need to chase them down.
View attachment 318852

† LIMITED TIME OFFER: Get 15x AIR MILES® Reward Miles on qualifying purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, made in a single transaction between 00:00:01 AM ET on April 24 and 23:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2018. Offer applies to the total Base Miles collected on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, duty and taxes. Base offer may vary per store, click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. For travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals, and hotels), travel must be booked by April 30, 2018 and completed by June 30, 2018. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.
I was afraid this would happen! I just made a purchase over the weekend. It was out of stock few weeks ago so I grabbed it when it’s available again! 6 AM vs. 90 AM!!
:sad:

I was afraid this would happen! I just made a purchase over the weekend. It was out of stock few weeks ago so I grabbed it when it’s available again! 6 AM vs. 90 AM!!
:sad:
I've been known to return something and re-order it to get extra miles .... Places where i can take it back in-store and not pay shipping ONLY, not somewhere like Amazon. HBC is great since their return policy is very liberal if you use their credit card & Marks has a 100 day return policy as well.

I've been known to return something and re-order it to get extra miles .... Places where i can take it back in-store and not pay shipping ONLY, not somewhere like Amazon. HBC is great since their return policy is very liberal if you use their credit card & Marks has a 100 day return policy as well.
But the item is only available online!

:sad::sad::sad:

But the item is only available online!

:sad::sad::sad:
Which retailer and when? If it's Amazon and it hasn't shown as shipped you can cancel the order (one of my kids has even been as bold as to add enough to the free shipping threshold and then go in and cancel what they don't want and STILL get free shipping :eek:)

View attachment 318852

Ok, so to clarify. If I buy something from say Dyson where it says 5 times the miles and combine it with the 15 times the miles. How many miles would I get per $20 spent?

Ugh! I placed something like 6 orders via airmilesshops.ca in the past 5 days, with no multipliers. Today they start a 15x promo?!? I don't have anything else left to buy!!

Just got our new ONYX cards in the mail and the *slightly less* wasteful trappings that come along with them. Card doesn't have an expiry date printed on it this time but rather the date we joined. I must say though, we all need to step up our game if we want to meet the prowess of THIS collector...

31206693_10213456593384140_6552805447156367360_n(2).jpg

Which retailer and when? If it's Amazon and it hasn't shown as shipped you can cancel the order (one of my kids has even been as bold as to add enough to the free shipping threshold and then go in and cancel what they don't want and STILL get free shipping :eek:)

Thanks Jacqueline! It’s RW & Co. and it’s just shipped today...

Last edited:
Just got our new ONYX cards in the mail and the *slightly less* wasteful trappings that come along with them. Card doesn't have an expiry date printed on it this time but rather the date we joined. I must say though, we all need to step up our game if we want to meet the prowess of THIS collector...

View attachment 318949
Hot Wheels sized???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter