Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I plan on buying one of the Boston Pizza $50 gift cards to get 75 miles. If I just make this one transaction, it should still count towards my promo of earn 250, get additional 125, right? Because in my account, the vendor would come up "Sobeys". I know where are usually some T&C around gift cards and miles, I just want to ensure the 75 miles will go towards the 250 I need to earn.

Ah darn it. I didn't realize that was a sale price. (wry grin)

How is your Air Miles card giving you a gas discount?

I've combined personal Shell times offers and cents off offers with other promos this year, never had a problem so I expect he is misinformed???? Not sure if you are referring to 6 Shop the block offers or your personal one, I assume your personal one, just want to make sure you aren't expecting you can use Shell 7 times and get 2000 STB points.

I guess with an Airmiles card you get 2 cents off per litre now? I'm not sure. He didn't scan my card first so I assume it's some kind of promotion... though I wonder what would happen if you had a Sobeys/Foodland coupon for cents off?

I know he was misinformed lol. But man it was annoying when I was in a rush! I mean I used that as number 6 of the 7 coupons I need to use (used 4 at Sobeys and 1 at Global Pet foods).

I guess with an Airmiles card you get 2 cents off per litre now? I'm not sure. He didn't scan my card first so I assume it's some kind of promotion... though I wonder what would happen if you had a Sobeys/Foodland coupon for cents off?

I know he was misinformed lol. But man it was annoying when I was in a rush! I mean I used that as number 6 of the 7 coupons I need to use (used 4 at Sobeys and 1 at Global Pet foods).

lol, just wanted to make sure you weren't putting a lot of effort into something with no reward. Yes this program is best for those with time and patience!

Ah darn it. I didn't realize that was a sale price. (wry grin)

How is your Air Miles card giving you a gas discount?

Current promotion, started when the "5 miles when buying 25L" promotion ended. Around here (Ottawa) it's 3 cents / L though - I guess we're lucky? When you pay at the pump the price per litre is revised after you swipe your your Air Miles card, so it's easy to miss if you're not paying attention to the advertising.

Jacqueline, what are you thoughts on this?

Tomorrow morning I'd like to go to Sobeys. My STB coupon is spend $100 get 60 miles.

Can I combine $55 of groceries AND a $50 Ultimate Dining gift card for $105 and get those 60 miles? If I can then I should get 267 miles for $105.

OH, I'm sorry this question slide right past me -- so flippin tired right now --- I had the very same question and don't know the answer. It says in the fine print on the coupon :
Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco products, gift cards, bottle deposits, prescriptions, lottery, alcoholic beverages, fuel, post office, photo finishing, video, 3rd party florist, Western Union and any other non-discountable product

BUT does the system know if you toss a gift card into your groceries? Don't know, but i'm pretty sure that's what we did the last time Metro had a threshold spend and it worked. We were planning on hitting up Sobeys tonight and i was gonna do the same thing but far too many things have cropped up for the weekend that i can't afford the 90 minute round-trip. Since the coupon booklet is good till the end of the year, we're waiting till another time to use those and I'll just get the gift card on its own next week.

If you end up doing this perhaps you can let us know how it worked out!

I checked the tag at Sobeys yesterday and it said $2.49 sale price until Nov 23, regular price $2.99. YMMV. Foodland promo starts today, b4 g25am $2.49, regularly $2.99.

Yes! I purchased my 3 chocolate bars this morning at $2.49. Over half the chocolate bars on the shelf did not have sale tags, but they rang in at the sale price. Thanks!

Current promotion, started when the "5 miles when buying 25L" promotion ended. Around here (Ottawa) it's 3 cents / L though - I guess we're lucky? When you pay at the pump the price per litre is revised after you swipe your your Air Miles card, so it's easy to miss if you're not paying attention to the advertising.

Huh. I wonder if this is an Ottawa promotion? I just looked at our last 3 gas receipts and my husband was not given a discount when he showed our AM card. I had a discount but I had given the cashier the Sobeys coupon for the .04 cents per L discount.

Yes, it's soo irritating to know more about the AM program than the cashiers and have them argue with us! :rolleyes: (edited to add - that eye roll is NOT directed at YOU! LOL)

OH, I'm sorry this question slide right past me -- so flippin tired right now --- I had the very same question and don't know the answer. It says in the fine print on the coupon :
Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco products, gift cards, bottle deposits, prescriptions, lottery, alcoholic beverages, fuel, post office, photo finishing, video, 3rd party florist, Western Union and any other non-discountable product

BUT does the system know if you toss a gift card into your groceries? Don't know, but i'm pretty sure that's what we did the last time Metro had a threshold spend and it worked. We were planning on hitting up Sobeys tonight and i was gonna do the same thing but far too many things have cropped up for the weekend that i can't afford the 90 minute round-trip. Since the coupon booklet is good till the end of the year, we're waiting till another time to use those and I'll just get the gift card on its own next week.

If you end up doing this perhaps you can let us know how it worked out!

No worries. I ended up not trying it. I was afraid it wouldn't work and then hassle the CS lady to return my stuff so I could repurchase a different way. LOL Figured just not worth it.

******** I'm just now glancing thru the flyers and found a bonus in the Foodland one!!! They have a flyer offer for (get this) CHOCOLATE BARS! Buy 4 of the same bars you need for the StB coupon and get 25 AM on sale for 2/$5.00 I'm sorry i let this slide past me before some of you did your weekly shopping :(

Sorry hubby, we will be heading to a Foodland sometime this week :P

******** I'm just now glancing thru the flyers and found a bonus in the Foodland one!!! They have a flyer offer for (get this) CHOCOLATE BARS! Buy 4 of the same bars you need for the StB coupon and get 25 AM on sale for 2/$5.00 I'm sorry i let this slide past me before some of you did your weekly shopping :(

Foodland Rockwood did not have the Tia Rosa kits and won't be carrying them I was told, I bought the bars and the creamer ($3.99, they had 3 kinds I think). Sobeys creamer is priced at $2.99 20am wub 2 but not STB, so Foodland creamer definitely not a good deal but I am stretching to fulfill the 7 STB offers so bought two.

I caught that! I sat down yesterday and made a list: Checkout 51, Loaded Foodland deals, Shop the Block, Little Book of Savings. I needed 3 for one deal and 4 for the other, so naturally, I had to buy 4 of my favourite chocolate bars. Interesting enough, I needed to buy a Compliments 10" pie as one of my Little Book of Savings. I did that, but it didn't register (I noticed when I checked my bill, getting my gas at Shell with 5cents/litre off from Foodland). I went back because not only did I not get the 10AM for the pie, I lost out on airmiles for using 4 coupons. They fixed that for me. I'd forgotten to pick up my Cara(?) gc, but they only had $25 gcs on hand. No go. I might go back and pick up one early next week.

Foodland Rockwood did not have the Tia Rosa kits and won't be carrying them I was told, I bought the bars and the creamer ($3.99, they had 3 kinds I think). Sobeys creamer is priced at $2.99 20am wub 2 but not STB, so Foodland creamer definitely not a good deal but I am stretching to fulfill the 7 STB offers so bought two.
Darn on the Tia Rosa kits! I picked up a fajita one (couldn't find the taco), and it registered the AM. I also picked up some SunMaid cinnamon/raisin bread for extra points. I spent $107 (Sobeys gc bought earlier this year), ,and got 279 points, once they fixed the mistake mentioned ^^. I'm a happy camper!

Just so I know when I go, if I purchase 4 choc. bars and present my STB coupon, will I get those airmiles + the flyer airmiles? Or do I need to make 2 separate purchases?

Just so I know when I go, if I purchase 4 choc. bars and present my STB coupon, will I get those airmiles + the flyer airmiles? Or do I need to make 2 separate purchases?

My understanding is you get both. 25 miles for the flyer offer AND the STB miles.

Not an STB coupon, but I got both 7 miles (Sobeys APP) and 30 miles flyer offer when I purchased Dempster products yesterday. (Only received the 7 miles for 1 Dempster however, not three times).

Sobeys Barrhaven had about 4 flavours of Cadbury that were still marked at 2.49 each! I don't eat chocolate so I picked a few either my husband will eat, or I can use to make Xmas desserts or cookies for others with :)

Also my Spend $100 get 40AM MyOffers + the STB Spend $100 get 60AM BOTH applied! 100 AM bonus just for spending $100! Spent about $103 with tax and got 289 AM thanks to all the other offers I had / found in store.

Noticed that the Quaker selected products 2.99 + 50AM when you buy 5 is still on. Halls are $1.25 + 20AM when you buy 4 right at the cash. And cheesestrings are still on sale for $3.99 + 15AM when you buy 2.

Went to Foodland today and bought 4 of the chocolate bars (they were 2 for $5.00). I did get the 25 AM for the store offer as well as the 20 AM from shop the block.
As well, I bought 2 of the GC's (75 bonus AM each) however they DID NOT count as part of my spending so did not get STB bonus on those. I see several people have asked about his so hope this helps.
They did have buy 3 bagels/raison bread get 30 AM which I wasn't expecting. All totalled I received 225 AM on a purchase of $119.69 which included the $100 in GCs. Used my Amex to pay and that completes the spend $400 get 800 AM for November.
Our Foodland does not sell the Tia Rosa kits either. Why send out a coupon for something that is not mandatory for a store to carry??? So annoying.

STB at Foodland today (Brampton Ontario).
Offer #1
I had a hard time finding the coffee creamer (Coffee Mate) finally found out that you have to by the liquid ones in order to get the STB coupon size 473 ML.(They are in the dairy case section).
Cost 2.99 each =15 STB airmiles

Offer # 2
No Tia Rosa products

Offer # 2
Bought some sandwich meats Cajun chicken/ fat free turkey,,
cost $10.02 =20 STB airmiles

Offer # 3
Bought 4 Cadbury chocolate bars
cost 2.49 each
= 20 STB airmiles and Bonus 25 airmiles

Ahhh, I stand corrected after seeing @bababear_50's post, double checked my Foodland receipt creamer $2.99 not $3.99 ... so ok deal.

I had a hard time finding the Tia Rosa products at my Sobeys, they looked at the coupon and said it was only in the Urban Fresh's, I said I knew I had seen them in the store before... they called someone to ask and they were in the bread/bakery area near the tortillas instead of near the taco kits... Glad I asked though! Kiddo chose fajitas instead of tacos which was odd since I don't think he's ever eaten a fajitas. Haven't tried them yet, they are good until Dec 22 so that was a good long time! No one at the cashes or courtesy desk knew they even sold them though.

Our Sobeys in Ajax had a promotion going on for the last 4 weeks. Buy a Tia Rosa kit for $4.99 and get up to $6.99 worth of lean ground beef for free. Too bad that is over now - could have double dipped. At the time ours were in the meat section but they have since moved to the tortilla section.

Sobeys STB (Mississauga Ontario)

Offer #4
Tia Rosa Taco Kit $4.99= 10 STB airmiles
located in the bread and bakery section

Offer # 5
Cadbury Family chocolate bars 3 x $2.49 =20 STB airmiles
I just remembered before picking these up that my son and daughter inlaw have favorites and I was able to get their favorites-yeah! cookies and dough/pretzels/dark chocolate

Offer # 6
Two bottles herbal essence shampoo 2x $3.99 = 30 STB airmiles
Daily detox quench- green herbs and mint.

Offer #7 Monday at Rexall spend $25.00 get 15 STB airmiles.

So this was my second time around the Shop The Block promotion
(my son just got a new airmiles card from his mom) and I am
pleased with the offers this year.

Happy shopping
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter