Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone else get an email from AM today with respect to Rexall? This is the offer that they said was just for me...

Here's a special offer just for you! Show this shopping card each day you make a purchase of $25 or more at any Rexall location from June 9 to July 6, 2017 and you'll get 40 Bonus Miles.

Plus, if you use the Shopping Card every day, you can get up to 1,120 Bonus Miles. This gets you access to select merchandise, attractions, and more!

I can't see myself spending $25 per day in the store, but I can see a few trips between now and July 6...and spending $25 won't be that hard...I'm thinking that we will have that second Disneyland ticket very soon!!!!!
Can you post a link by chance?

I just received a 10 Air Miles bonus in my account. It says its from Airmiles Shops and has 'AMS purchase bonus' as a description. I haven't bought anything from airmiles shops since xmas. Anyone have any ideas what it could be for? Not complaining, just wondering why.

I just received a 10 Air Miles bonus in my account. It says its from Airmiles Shops and has 'AMS purchase bonus' as a description. I haven't bought anything from airmiles shops since xmas. Anyone have any ideas what it could be for? Not complaining, just wondering why.

Same here. My guess is for completing a survey.

image.png

I am curious - not a lot of buzz about this promo on here. It sounded like a great promo when I saw the flyer. Is this one worth it? Or am I better off with one of the normal spend $50, get 100 AM offers? Anything I should be aware of? (I am still such a noob!)

I do happen to be sitting on a pile of 753 cash miles (messed up some of the transitions between cash and dream miles) so can easily take advantage of this. From what I can tell, the $10 gift coupon doesn't seem to have an expiration date.

I am just a bit hesitant because I don't need anything at Rexall at present and can easily wait a few weeks for the next decent promo.

View attachment 243162

I am curious - not a lot of buzz about this promo on here. It sounded like a great promo when I saw the flyer. Is this one worth it? Or am I better off with one of the normal spend $50, get 100 AM offers? Anything I should be aware of? (I am still such a noob!)

I do happen to be sitting on a pile of 753 cash miles (messed up some of the transitions between cash and dream miles) so can easily take advantage of this. From what I can tell, the $10 gift coupon doesn't seem to have an expiration date.

I am just a bit hesitant because I don't need anything at Rexall at present and can easily wait a few weeks for the next decent promo.
There actually have been a few of us talking about this offer. Hubby and i went to Rexall yesterday afternoon to take advantage of this offer because we still have a bunch of cash miles left from the Shop The Block promotion last year. We consider it a very good deal even if my AM math is a tad wonky :P *spent* $30.00 worth of cash miles that we received basically for *free*(they were a lump sum bonus amount for using 7 of the STB coupons), spent $24.28 (the extra to get to $50.00 +the tax) and snagged 100 AM PLUS a $10.00 gift card (that expires the end of June i believe) SO we figure we got $51 worth of product for $14.28. AND if we use the AM math of 95 AM = $10.00 we only *spent* $4.28 Confused yet ????

We didn't get any other AM because i had the hubby tagging along and he really messes with my AM mojo --- wanders around and then comes back to find me meticulously going row by row and whines "are we done yet??" :bored:

**first sorry for so many posts but my e-mail is acting up and comes thru in fits & starts!!**
Just got my Friday e-mail from Airmiles that has my weekly heads-up for the spend $X get X AM and instead it included the link to the coupon already!

Spend $40.00 get 95 AM Valid June 12th - 14th

I wonder if there will be another one-day offer for Thursday since this only goes till Wednesday :confused3

Thanks for the heads up! This combined with my receipt coupon will net me more miles than the weekend promotion even if they don't come out with a load and go on Sunday for Mon-Thu. I have trouble getting to $50 at Rexall $40 I think I can stretch and find enough things I need.

Can you post a link by chance?

This came to me in an email to me that said it was a special offer just for me...I was wondering if anyone else received the email or if it was sent to me because I have shopped at Rexall a lot lately.

This came to me in an email to me that said it was a special offer just for me...I was wondering if anyone else received the email or if it was sent to me because I have shopped at Rexall a lot lately.

I just received the same email with link. I shopped Rexall for first time a few weeks ago. My closest Rexall is 2.5 hours away.

I also got the same deal via email. I don't have enough cash miles, so this is a better deal. Rexall at Promenade Mall has H2O+ products at 30% off and I may get some of that next week for the deal. Hope it's still 30% off.

There actually have been a few of us talking about this offer. Hubby and i went to Rexall yesterday afternoon to take advantage of this offer because we still have a bunch of cash miles left from the Shop The Block promotion last year. We consider it a very good deal even if my AM math is a tad wonky :P *spent* $30.00 worth of cash miles that we received basically for *free*(they were a lump sum bonus amount for using 7 of the STB coupons), spent $24.28 (the extra to get to $50.00 +the tax) and snagged 100 AM PLUS a $10.00 gift card (that expires the end of June i believe) SO we figure we got $51 worth of product for $14.28. AND if we use the AM math of 95 AM = $10.00 we only *spent* $4.28 Confused yet ????

We didn't get any other AM because i had the hubby tagging along and he really messes with my AM mojo --- wanders around and then comes back to find me meticulously going row by row and whines "are we done yet??" :bored:

I like your math :) Headed to Rexall tonight. Now gotta find stuff to buy that I would buy anyway....

Last time I was there, they had a stack of Lindt chocolate bars for under 50 cents each! Perfect for smores this summer :)

Time to strike up a relationship with a local food bank! Oh and some collect toiletries too. Kill two birds with one stone :) win win all around.

Did anyone else get an email from AM today with respect to Rexall? This is the offer that they said was just for me...

Here's a special offer just for you! Show this shopping card each day you make a purchase of $25 or more at any Rexall location from June 9 to July 6, 2017 and you'll get 40 Bonus Miles.

Plus, if you use the Shopping Card every day, you can get up to 1,120 Bonus Miles. This gets you access to select merchandise, attractions, and more!

I can't see myself spending $25 per day in the store, but I can see a few trips between now and July 6...and spending $25 won't be that hard...I'm thinking that we will have that second Disneyland ticket very soon!!!!!

I definitely wish they would send me a shopping card for Rexall.
Have fun using it Hon,
Hugs Mel

There is an image for the daily card on post 13,505 Smart Canucks forum here:
https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/23424-safeways-sweet-airmiles-deals-canada-901/
Though it's not a direct link.

Unless the bar code is specific to each recipient, the link to the card was probably sent to a few hundred thousand collectors. And IMO is just like using the survey coupon that I complete and share here. Or the email coupon that Donald my Hero shares regularly.

It may say 'just for you' but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
No Rexall e-mail for me but then I'm a very regular shopper they don't need to give me any incentives :P

Foodland trip! We were a tad disappointed that it wasn't every kind of frozen treats but that didn't slow us down any :D

• 4 boxes of triscuits : 2 for $5.00 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • 2 jars of Bicks relish: $1.99 ea, buy 2 get 20 AM and i JUST noticed they weren't credited :mad:
  • 4 boxes of ice cream sammies: $3.99 ea, buy 4 get 50AM
  • 4 boxes of "weird frozen treats": $3.99 ea, buy 4 get 50 AM
  • 2 pkg Honey Ham deli slices : $5.99 ea, buy 2 get 30 AM
  • 2 loaves of bread & 1 bag of buns: $2.99 ea, buy 3 get 25 AM
Total spent : $74.28 (picked up a few other things) & snagged 178 AM

Last edited:

Foodland trip! We were a tad disappointed that it wasn't every kind of frozen treats but that didn't slow us down any :D

• 4 boxes of triscuits : 2 for $50.00 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • 2 jars of Bicks relish: $1.99 ea, buy 2 get 20 AM and i JUST noticed they weren't credited :mad:
  • 4 boxes of ice cream sammies: $3.99 ea, buy 4 get 50AM
  • 4 boxes of "weird frozen treats": $3.99 ea, buy 4 get 50 AM
  • 2 pkg Honey Ham deli slices : $5.99 ea, buy 2 get 30 AM
  • 2 loaves of bread & 1 bag of buns: $2.99 ea, buy 3 get 25 AM
Total spent : $74.28 (picked up a few other things) & snagged 178 AM
I sure hope that was a typo. lol.

Had a super successful Rexall shop last night. Got a ton of super clearance stuff (i.e. Most were stuff we would have been happy to purchase without the incentive of AMs) and still had $25 to go to hit the $50 spend.

So I grabbed 5 bottles of $5 nail polish for a bday party my DD is going to. The clerk tells me they are on sale for $3.96 AND buy 2, get 1 free. I had to run to grab another assortment of colors (4 more bottles lol!)

Subtotal was $51.71.
Spend $25, get 40 (miles (thanks for posting that shopping card!!)
Earned 2 base miles
Redeemed $30 worth of cash miles to earn 100 miles
Earned $10 gift coupon.
Used $5 survey coupon

So 142 AM (abt $15 worth) and $10 gift coupon for spending $50 (or $22.13 OOP).

We were pleased.

Gosh, Metro are being slow pokes. I have shopped there a ton in the last 3 weeks because of the bonus card they sent me. They owe me over 400 miles and none have posted yet. I've never had that happen before they usually post within 7 days of the end of the week that I shopped.

Gosh, Metro are being slow pokes. I have shopped there a ton in the last 3 weeks because of the bonus card they sent me. They owe me over 400 miles and none have posted yet. I've never had that happen before they usually post within 7 days of the end of the week that I shopped.

I'm in the same boat. My Metro AM which should have posted last Thursday are still MIA. Hopefully this week they will be there.

Anyone get an email coupon from Rexall yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter