Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm doing my catch up reading this morning....I've got several pages :rotfl:

Fun facts...

So, in one week, the following bills have gone up:
  1. NS Power (crooks)
  2. Bell Home Internet (crooks)
  3. Virgin Plus (crooks, as they use Bell towers lol)
  4. Petsmart - Royal Canin canned cat food
Bring on March at this point! lol
LOL...Petsmart I now have a love/hate with. When little Miss Kona arrived 3 yrs ago her food was $47/bag. Now, it's gone up to $65. We also lucked out and found an excellent groomer at Petsmart. However, she left there close to a year ago due to very poor working conditions and in the last few months there has been a complete turn over of staff. After a couple of bad experiences with the other groomers, I managed to find the previous groomer that we love. She is a 30 minute drive from home but she does the grooming start to finish while I wait. No more Petsmart reward points but Kona is back to looking fantastic and the whole experience is better for her.

A good groomer is worth the drive. You're lucky you found her again. I used to take Niko to Petsmart to have his nails trimmed between grooms (1 hour 20 minutes round trip to the groomers wasn't going to happen). The staff at my local Petsmart has also turned over.

I've recently found a new groomer locally so I hope it works out with her. I've got to give her a couple of grooming sessions to see if it will work out.

Uhm did you sleep thru an entire day??? Sorry to tell you that it is in fact (checking her watch to be sure) Sunday!
I had to check as well. We leave today so it gave me a bit of a heart attack. Did I get my days wrong? An I leaving to early? Are they going to turn me away? Is this blizzard a sign? :rotfl2:
Can't wait to get to DR but getting to T.O. is going to be an adventure. Wish me luck.

OK gang...I finally decided on a winter holiday. After researching and stalking prices for a month....prices are awful this winter. I decided to be somewhat financially responsible. Since I can't fully have what I want and need to settle, I've done a total about face and gone with the cheap option. We are going to Cuba in March. I've opted to take all the upgrades available and it still comes in at only $2800 for a week. The decision to go cheap was made due to knowing that I will be 'needing' to go the WDW soon and I will now start to work on planning the holiday that I wanted this time but for the fall. Now to decide if we will go to an AI in the fall or maybe I can talk DH into trying a cruise again. After visiting DD last winter he said he really didn't like the cruise thing. He did agree though that we were not truly on holiday though....we were on her sched and then with me getting sick it was not a relaxing time. I suggested that we need to try another cruise to see how we really feel about it. He was on the fence. I have mentioned a couple times that a cruise is ideal for visiting Greece :hyper: as we would need transportation and accommodation. If I could find a 9 day cruise he might go for it.....and if AM would get their act together on travel rewards it would also be nice. Then there is the monkey wrench of visiting DD again, maybe.

A good groomer is worth the drive. You're lucky you found her again. I used to take Niko to Petsmart to have his nails trimmed between grooms (1 hour 20 minutes round trip to the groomers wasn't going to happen). The staff at my local Petsmart has also turned over.

I've recently found a new groomer locally so I hope it works out with her. I've got to give her a couple of grooming sessions to see if it will work out.
I agree...it's expensive and a little stressful for Kona so having it done well is worth the added time/distance. It was funny, I came across her business card from Petsmart (which had her full name) while cleaning out a drawer. I googled her and found her IG which had an email address.

We tried the mobile groomer which was the worst or all the bad experiences. Kona nearly got out of the truck after we had said she's a runner. The haircut looked like it had not even been done and the cost was double. I had to go and have it redone a couple weeks later so we went back to Petsmart and that time was the best of the bad haircuts. Decided to stay at Petsmart because at least Kona is familiar. The next two haircuts got progressively worse. So hopefully that is all in the past....I told our girl that is she ever moves again to call me. She now has my email and all my phone numbers.

OK gang...I finally decided on a winter holiday. After researching and stalking prices for a month....prices are awful this winter. I decided to be somewhat financially responsible. Since I can't fully have what I want and need to settle, I've done a total about face and gone with the cheap option. We are going to Cuba in March. I've opted to take all the upgrades available and it still comes in at only $2800 for a week. The decision to go cheap was made due to knowing that I will be 'needing' to go the WDW soon and I will now start to work on planning the holiday that I wanted this time but for the fall. Now to decide if we will go to an AI in the fall or maybe I can talk DH into trying a cruise again. After visiting DD last winter he said he really didn't like the cruise thing. He did agree though that we were not truly on holiday though....we were on her sched and then with me getting sick it was not a relaxing time. I suggested that we need to try another cruise to see how we really feel about it. He was on the fence. I have mentioned a couple times that a cruise is ideal for visiting Greece :hyper: as we would need transportation and accommodation. If I could find a 9 day cruise he might go for it.....and if AM would get their act together on travel rewards it would also be nice. Then there is the monkey wrench of visiting DD again, maybe.
They have Disney cruises for the Med,,,just saying. Wife is from Greece,,,lots to do and see,,,transport between islands have lots of choice. But we like the non tourist the best, Milo, Naxos, Paros to name a few.
Cuba I enjoy for just getting away cheap. Food is fair, not great, but safe. The whole island is safe. And the beaches are some of the best. No sellers on the beach, bonus. Just go and relax.

I had to check as well. We leave today so it gave me a bit of a heart attack. Did I get my days wrong? An I leaving to early? Are they going to turn me away? Is this blizzard a sign? :rotfl2:
Can't wait to get to DR but getting to T.O. is going to be an adventure. Wish me luck.

Which resort are you going to? We are going in April to Dreams Onyx.

They have Disney cruises for the Med,,,just saying. Wife is from Greece,,,lots to do and see,,,transport between islands have lots of choice. But we like the non tourist the best, Milo, Naxos, Paros to name a few.
Cuba I enjoy for just getting away cheap. Food is fair, not great, but safe. The whole island is safe. And the beaches are some of the best. No sellers on the beach, bonus. Just go and relax.
LOL…I’ve looked at the DCL med cruises. Sooooo expensive and from what DD has been told there are rarely any CM rates. There is currently a CM rate for one in the summer going to Norway which I would love to do but the dates just don’t work and I think it’s still too expensive.

We’ve been to Cuba several times. So we know how it goes. Beaches that look like a postcard and people that treat you like royalty. I actually like the fact that the food is not good…it makes it really easy to not over eat. We have gone to the cayos before but this time going to Varadero. So it’s a little something new and at a resort that gets very consistent good reviews. It’s a Melia which we have gone to in other countries. I booked The Level and have already connected with the hotel manager for some additional upgrades. I’m hoping to be able to upgrade to a suite….they each have their own dedicated cabanas at both the pool and beach.

I actually discovered a brand new Melia resort in Cuba that looks stunning…it has beach and mountain views. Only problem is, it’s 2-3 hours away from the airport.

My Finn needs a groom soon. The lady I have been using has been frustrating the last few times. It takes her hours longer than she says when I drop him off and isn't doing as good a job as when we started with her. I am not even sure where else to try. He is a cockapoo so he needs to be clipped on a regular basis and there is no way I can do it myself.

Glad I got my 40x fill up at Shell done late last night. I earn way more miles doing v-power for a couple of dollars more, then the Pump Up Your Miles offer. My tank, bone dry, is 36L, so I only ever get 33L of oil when doing a fill up.

Glad I got my 40x fill up at Shell done late last night. I earn way more miles doing v-power for a couple of dollars more, then the Pump Up Your Miles offer. My tank, bone dry, is 36L, so I only ever get 33L of oil when doing a fill up.
Our tank is little and we get ridiculously good mileage, it's hard for me to squeeze in more than 31L and we're working towards the 3rd fill-up for the month. The price difference for the v-whatever fuel is just too much for my wallet and lands squarely in the "spend money strictly to get miles" column. I was planning on NOT getting gas before we head south to convince Shell to stop sending us offers connected to 3 fill-ups but I can't turn down the 80 miles this will give me (30-ish L and our 3rd fill for 50 miles) Guess I'm heading out to do some last minute running around after all!

My Finn needs a groom soon. The lady I have been using has been frustrating the last few times. It takes her hours longer than she says when I drop him off and isn't doing as good a job as when we started with her. I am not even sure where else to try. He is a cockapoo so he needs to be clipped on a regular basis and there is no way I can do it myself.
See if there are any mobile groomers in your area. All they need is a flat place to park and it should take about 90 minutes. If I had to, I would try it again really just for the convenience.

I used to groom my old dog and it is a lot harder than it seems. He got very stressed going to the groomer so I started doing it myself. It usually took about 3 sessions to get him finished and it was never even. Summer was better as I could cut it a lot shorter...almost shaved down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter