Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If (IF) my math is correct, you are spending 1460 more AMs than if you used them for other things. That does depend on the exchange rate and I only used $1.40 as a estimate.
Again, just my best guess. I'm sure someone who is more experienced then me will pop in.
But is also is for a personal shopper :rolleyes1 So the extra $$$ is spent using a personal shopper buying a unique item they don't carry.

I agree....we need our @Donald - my hero She is out AM math guru.

The math quoted is correct.

What it come down to is are you ok with using that # of AM. You will always spend slightly more AM to redeem for something using AM than purchasing it using $. If the AM were obtained by buying things you were going to purchase anyway they are esstially free. So all AM redemption purchases are a good deal.

Just depends on how you want to look at it.

Is this the Canadian Residents tickets everyone is talking about?
OR
A different offer?
Offer ends March 15th
infowdw1.jpg

Terms & Conditions​

As to Disney artwork/properties © Disney. Get 20% on redemption or credit card bookings, when you book a 5–10-day Walt Disney World ticket between November 15, 2023 – March 15, 2024. Valid for ticket admissions starting on January 11, 2024, and ending on September 28, 2024. No blackout dates applicable. This Offer is only available for Canadian residents. The Canada Resident Tickets must be purchased for all guests in the party. This offer may be removed at any time. Canada Resident Tickets are available only to persons who show proof of Canadian residency. Any of the following shall constitute proof of Canadian residency: (i) a valid Canadian passport, (ii) a valid Canadian driver’s license, or (iii) a valid Canadian Provincial identification card. If the guest does not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult the guest must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months evidencing a Canadian residential address (not a PO Box), together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver’s license, any other government –issued identification card) : monthly mortgage statement; Provincial Vehicle Registration or Title; homeowner’s insurance policy or bill; automobile insurance policy or bill; utility bill; mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement; or mail from a Federal, Provincial, or City government agency. A print of an electronic bill of the type described above is acceptable. Photocopies and fax copies of bills are not acceptable. Will Call certificates or exchange certificates must be exchanged for the applicable ticket at any Walt Disney World® Theme Park ticket window or a Disney Springs® Guest Relations window. Each adult guest will be required to show proof of Canadian residency as specified above at the time of exchange. All rates are net rates and include applicable Florida State Sales taxes at current rates, which tax is subject to change without notice. Admission is subject to all rules established from time to time by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Children’s Tickets may only be used by persons three (3) to nine (9) years of age. Persons under the age of fourteen (14) years must be accompanied by someone 14 years of age or older while attending Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, low demand, weather, special events or other reason; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Some activities/events, including events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, may be separately priced. Unless otherwise specifically stated, Tickets are not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced. Tickets are not valid for any park commencing operations after November 1, 2019. Tickets are nonrefundable and revocable. Each Ticket admits one person. Each Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen Tickets. If re-entry is permitted, biometric or other confirmation required with Ticket for re-entry. It is agreed between owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort and ticket users that all claims for injury or loss arising incident to presence on owners’ property shall be litigated in Orange County, Florida, under Florida law. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort shall not be liable for non-utilization of Ticket components or loss of recreational opportunities due to refurbishing, capacity, weather, special or premium events or any circumstances beyond their control. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons. AIR MILES® reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Travel Terms of Use. ™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Walt Disney World®. Partner, supplier and retailer trademarks are owned by the respective partner, supplier and retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Is this the Canadian Residents tickets everyone is talking about?
OR
A different offer?
Offer ends March 15th
View attachment 810767

Terms & Conditions​

As to Disney artwork/properties © Disney. Get 20% on redemption or credit card bookings, when you book a 5–10-day Walt Disney World ticket between November 15, 2023 – March 15, 2024. Valid for ticket admissions starting on January 11, 2024, and ending on September 28, 2024. No blackout dates applicable. This Offer is only available for Canadian residents. The Canada Resident Tickets must be purchased for all guests in the party. This offer may be removed at any time. Canada Resident Tickets are available only to persons who show proof of Canadian residency. Any of the following shall constitute proof of Canadian residency: (i) a valid Canadian passport, (ii) a valid Canadian driver’s license, or (iii) a valid Canadian Provincial identification card. If the guest does not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult the guest must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months evidencing a Canadian residential address (not a PO Box), together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver’s license, any other government –issued identification card) : monthly mortgage statement; Provincial Vehicle Registration or Title; homeowner’s insurance policy or bill; automobile insurance policy or bill; utility bill; mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement; or mail from a Federal, Provincial, or City government agency. A print of an electronic bill of the type described above is acceptable. Photocopies and fax copies of bills are not acceptable. Will Call certificates or exchange certificates must be exchanged for the applicable ticket at any Walt Disney World® Theme Park ticket window or a Disney Springs® Guest Relations window. Each adult guest will be required to show proof of Canadian residency as specified above at the time of exchange. All rates are net rates and include applicable Florida State Sales taxes at current rates, which tax is subject to change without notice. Admission is subject to all rules established from time to time by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Children’s Tickets may only be used by persons three (3) to nine (9) years of age. Persons under the age of fourteen (14) years must be accompanied by someone 14 years of age or older while attending Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, low demand, weather, special events or other reason; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Some activities/events, including events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, may be separately priced. Unless otherwise specifically stated, Tickets are not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced. Tickets are not valid for any park commencing operations after November 1, 2019. Tickets are nonrefundable and revocable. Each Ticket admits one person. Each Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen Tickets. If re-entry is permitted, biometric or other confirmation required with Ticket for re-entry. It is agreed between owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort and ticket users that all claims for injury or loss arising incident to presence on owners’ property shall be litigated in Orange County, Florida, under Florida law. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort shall not be liable for non-utilization of Ticket components or loss of recreational opportunities due to refurbishing, capacity, weather, special or premium events or any circumstances beyond their control. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person or persons. AIR MILES® reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Travel Terms of Use. ™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Walt Disney World®. Partner, supplier and retailer trademarks are owned by the respective partner, supplier and retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.
Yay. It was on the disney site the 20% off. I looked earlier and didn't see it on the sm site. I'll have to check later and see what the miles are for them now with the discount.

Yay. It was on the disney site the 20% off. I looked earlier and didn't see it on the sm site. I'll have to check later and see what the miles are for them now with the discount.
This is what I find when I seach: 1 adult, 5-day (our start date is May 13th, 2024) = $766.01 and exactly 7660 AM. So they're sticking with the same travel site math as recently, where 100 AM values at $10 to spend.
HOWEVER - click the little arrow head in the top right of the site and it shows that my ticket ALSO costs ~ $43 CAD on top of the AM to redeem. Still a good deal, but even if I had all 7660 Am (I don't right now), the ticket wouldn't be $0.

ETA: If I don't pick that specific Canadian resident 5-day ticket, AM would charge me $957.50 CAD, which my basic math attempt tells me means the $766 I was quoted is, in fact, 20% off the regular price. (9575 AM + ~$53 in fees).

Attachments

• Can resident AM tix.JPG
    Can resident AM tix.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry for being quiet today even though a few of you were calling my name -- I pop in regularly to see how things are going but before I could even get a post together I saw that other people had jumped in to help out!
How I did my calculations : find the amount on the Disney website, including taxes and then put it into my calculator on the surface using the currency converter mode and POOF it shows me how much CDN it is at that exact moment (I've plugged the number directly into google and it gives the same figure)
1700110870426.png
Plugged in the figure @KandyM used

1700111064447.png
Used the normal
calculator mode to do the same Airmiles math I always start with 95 miles = $10.00 that gives us around about 18817-ish miles. It looks like you got a pretty good quote there! I've tossed out my papers with all of my scribbly math but I'm pretty sure I paid a much heftier "fee" for the personal shopper to get my annual pass

Bottom-line for this household is always "Don't buy something just to get the miles" and that means everything we use the miles for is FREE! Only you can decide if it's "worth" the miles for the memories you'll be making? OH OH OH -- is this for Magic Kingdom?! We cashed in miles for that last year and it was A-MAZ-ING! We loved it so much and kept saying we will pay to do it again, best thing we've ever done!!!!!

Check your Airmiles APP
Looks like you scan one item and you get 100 Airmile bonus.
Nov 16th - Nov 29th
I say a lot if Tic Tac mints or eggs will be sold today,,, lol

Happy Thursday!

Hugs Mel

Can anyone tell me the general details of this new receipt scanning promo?

For some reason, I got the impression this had to be with purchases made from a linked credit card (which I don't have).

Do I just buy something from an Air Miles partner and scan my receipt?
Do I have to have earned AMs to do the scan?
Do I have to load or opt in?

Thanks for any help, I am getting overwhelmed by all of the Air Miles promo details!

Can anyone tell me the general details of this new receipt scanning promo?

For some reason, I got the impression this had to be with purchases made from a linked credit card (which I don't have).

Do I just buy something from an Air Miles partner and scan my receipt?
Do I have to have earned AMs to do the scan?
Do I have to load or opt in?

Thanks for any help, I am getting overwhelmed by all of the Air Miles promo details!
Hi Hon

The APP & Scan offer does not require a Mastercard.

1. Open the Airmiles APP on your phone.

2. Tap Airmiles Receipts View Details

3 Tap Shop Major Stores

4 See which store is closest to you
I have a few choices for me
Food basics
Fresh Co
Dollarama
Giant Tiger
etc

5 Now go buy that product you want from the list

6 Now scan (take a photo ) of that receipt & load it into the App

7 That's it
You do not have to earn Airmiles to do this.

The Airmiles site has a bit of info on it posted but the APP kind of guides you step by step.

Hope that helps

PS
I can't print the terms & conditions
BUT BUT
It is saying you can do this up to 15 TIMES?

Maybe some one who can post things on/from their phone can confirm?

Last edited:
Hi Hon

3 Tap Shop Major Stores

Food basics
Fresh Co
Dollarama
Giant Tiger
etc

7 That's it

The Airmiles site has a bit of info on it posted but the APP kind of guides you step by step.

Hope that helps

PS
BUT BUT

Thanks a million Mel!

OT today is the day if you spend $50 at Rexall and load the offer, you earn 50,000 be well points. My Rexall sells M&M's products so I will add that to my shopping and I think I will make the $50 spend.
I wonder if my spend $40 earn 15,000 points will stack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_092808_Be Well.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_092808_Be Well.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Hon

3 Tap Shop Major Stores

Food basics
Fresh Co
Dollarama
Giant Tiger
etc

7 That's it

Hope that helps

PS
BUT BUT

I can't get it to enlarge enough to read for sharing but using an magnifier it does say 'Limit of 15 offer uses per Air Miles collector number'. WOW. I am picking up Siggi's yogurt today as I ran out and I will be purchasing them individually so I can use on both my AMs accounts. This could prove to be another money maker.

ETA- Looking at the offer on the App, it also says 'Get an Extra 100 Bonus Miles' and under that it says 0 of 1 receipts scanned. So maybe only once. I'll wait and see what it says when I scan in my receipt.

I can't get it to enlarge enough to read for sharing but using an magnifier it does say 'Limit of 15 offer uses per Air Miles collector number'. WOW. I am picking up Siggi's yogurt today as I ran out and I will be purchasing them individually so I can use on both my AMs accounts. This could prove to be another money maker.

ETA- Looking at the offer on the App, it also says 'Get an Extra 100 Bonus Miles' and under that it says 0 of 1 receipts scanned. So maybe only once. I'll wait and see what it says when I scan in my receipt.
Hi Hon
Make sure you check the size of that Yogurt required.
I posted the T&C

Now my questions are
Looks like this can be done 15 times per collector number?
Promo ends Nov 29th.

Wonder if you get 100 Airmiles each time you submit a receipt.?

Like can I buy Tic Tacs today and submit a receipt from Giant Tiger ,, Then tomorrow buy same tic tacs or maybe yogurt at Fresh Co and submit another receipt and get another 100 Airmiles?

OT today is the day if you spend $50 at Rexall and load the offer, you earn 50,000 be well points. My Rexall sells M&M's products so I will add that to my shopping and I think I will make the $50 spend.
I wonder if my spend $40 earn 15,000 points will stack.
Hi Hon
Mine usually stacks no problem.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter