Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So curious minds need to know....

I've been thinking about getting a new vacuum since middle son shocked himself on the cord of our current ancient upright which weighs a ton. It is bagless ,,but it has 4 filters which need to be washed all the time.

The cordless stick,,where does all the dirt go and how do you empty it out?

With the docking station ,,do I have to use this ,,I don't have a plug up on a wall that high,,could I just plug it into a lower wall and charge it?
OR
Is the docking station just a place where you store it?

How do you clean up high for things like cobwebs? Is there an attachment for this?

When you hold it you do not have to continually push on a lever or button to make it operate do you? I have a bit of arthritis in my hands .

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I can only speak to the Dyson....the docking station is both storage and charging BUT you don't need it to charge the vac. You can just plug it in for 3 hours anyplace and then put it away. The dock is mainly just fancy storage but I really like having it.

You do have to hold the trigger but it's super sensitive so I don't think you'd have an issue with it. It's not something you have to squeeze tightly. It would be very easy to rig something to hold it for you if you wanted.....a twist tie would be enough.

All you have to do is wash the filtre once a month and there is a light on the handle that tells you it's time....plus the vac won't work when the filtre is dirty. You rinse it with water and let it sit to dry over night.

If you look on Youtube there are lots of reviews videos that show the differences between the models.

I can only speak to the Dyson....the docking station is both storage and charging BUT you don't need it to charge the vac. You can just plug it in for 3 hours anyplace and then put it away. The dock is mainly just fancy storage but I really like having it.

You do have to hold the trigger but it's super sensitive so I don't think you'd have an issue with it. It's not something you have to squeeze tightly. It would be very easy to rig something to hold it for you if you wanted.....a twist tie would be enough.

All you have to do is wash the filtre once a month and there is a light on the handle that tells you it's time....plus the vac won't work when the filtre is dirty. You rinse it with water and let it sit to dry over night.

If you look on Youtube there are lots of reviews videos that show the differences between the models.

Thanks for sharing Hon.
Hugs
Mel

well I need to be careful of my word choices here or my entire post will be full of stars because of the filters that the DISboards employ ...
View attachment 507373View attachment 507374
I just tried to show the hubby the vacuum i want to get and it's no longer available!!!!
2 hours ago they had 8 different ones and now there's only 5
View attachment 507375
For some unknown reason I look at those often :confused3 Wait for a bit ....they come and go....either the one you were looking at will be back or a newer model may appear.

Ok an exciting if not stressful start to the day,,,
went to Loblaws to pick up a few things,,PC points
in and out just after 7 am.
Drove to Sobeys to get my dryer sheets and wooooooooooooooooooooooow
NO CREDIT CARD & OPTIMUM CARD!!!
Drove back to Loblaws and yep they are gone.I have been keeping just the cards I need in my pocket and wore a long t-shirt today. I think the cards got caught up in the t shirt and fell out of my pocket.
Drove home like a mad maniac and cancelled both cards.
Now do I want to go to Sobeys or just chill?

Lesson learned watch your cards,,
and maybe fanny packs will come back in style???

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Drove back to Loblaws and yep they are gone.I have been keeping just the cards I need in my pocket and wore a long t-shirt today. I think the cards got caught up in the t shirt and fell out of my pocket.

Hugs
Mel
Well that stinks. I've been keeping my card in an outside sipper pocket on my bag. It crossed my mind the other day that I need to be super careful with closing the zipper.

BTW....fanny packs are currently in style but you don't wear it around your waist. You wear it cross body.

Hugs
Mel
Sorry to hear about losing your cards! I put my debit card and credit card in separate ID transparent clear pouches on a lanyard. I wear them around my neck when shopping these days so that I don’t have to touch my belt bag ( I like to be hands free when shopping. I wear a belt bag or a backpack nowadays). I just tap the card and sanitize it once I get into my car. I wear a light uv protective jacket on top, so the lanyard is not exposed for attention and I check on them regularly. This is safer than putting them in my pocket as I now have gloves, hand sanitizer and clean pieces of paper towel for opening doors in my pockets.

Hugs
Mel

Happened to me the other day. I shop bagless now and my credit card fell on the ground from my pocket. Luckily I saw it next to my car before leaving.

Well that stinks. I've been keeping my card in an outside sipper pocket on my bag. It crossed my mind the other day that I need to be super careful with closing the zipper.

BTW....fanny packs are currently in style but you don't wear it around your waist. You wear it cross body.
I have been wearing a fanny pack for 17 years since I started teaching. My backpack was stolen from the staff office twice and luckily I kept my valuables on me at all times. I wear them on my waist. I have worn three in the past and my third one needs to be replaced now. I bought spare ones when they were not in style and harder to get. They are more available now. I still have two spare ones. I like that it’s a style to wear them cross body, so I can wear them on a dress. It doesn’t look right to wear them on the waist when wearing a dress as I wear it below my waistline resting on top of my hip. I also travel with my fanny back. It’s more secure than a crossbody bag. It’s hard to pickpocket it.

I was at costco getting propane a couple of weeks ago and dropped my driver's licence around that area, likely digging out my costco card at the propane tank area. I use one of those hard card cases and obviously they are much looser than in my zip-up wallet.

Anyways, I didn't even realize it until costco called me two days later saying they found it! That would have been a pricey replacement!

I know not as stressful as losing a credit card, but just as annoying!

Thanks for being so supportive and sharing your stories with me.
I dug out the old fanny pack and dusted it off.
I actually like it because it holds everything I need.

So.....just sharing....
Dentist called and they have moved my cleaning up to next Wednesday.o_O:scared1::scared1::scared1:.
Deep Deep breath here ...which for me personally is stressful on a regular day,never mind during a Pandemic .......I told the receptionist I want MAX NITROUS OXIDE!!
Only 6 days to stress about this......Oh Boy!

Hugs
Mel

@Donald - my hero —looks like the vacuums are back in stock!
THANK YOU!! I wasn't looking cause it was just making me feel worse :(
Now I need to decide which one I'd be happy with -- both say they're "V-11" whatever the heck that means, looking on the actual Dyson site it looks like the more $$ one just comes with a few extra tools?
This one "costs" more miles than i have
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...aundry/dyson-v11-absolute-stick-vacuum/115613On the Airmiles site it says it includes

• Wall-mounted dock to recharge vacuum and tidily store tools
  • Includes: Dyson V11 Absolute, Nickel Torque Drive, Soft roller cleaner head, Mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release mini stiff bristle brush, Docking station, Charger
On the Dyson website they even show a picture of what's in the box

I can "afford" this one, and it's fuscia!
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...-torque-drive-vacuum---nickelorfuchsia/115612On the Airmiles site it says it includes

• DOCKING STATION. Convenient docking station stores and charges the machine, and holds additional attachments. So it's always ready to go
  • Included: Nickel Torque Drive, Mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release mini stiff bristle brush, Wand storage clip, Docking station, Charger
And the picture on the Dyson website shows these things

Well, a quick google search turned up the only true difference between the Absolute and the Torque Drive is:
The Dyson V11 Absolute and V11 Torque Drive have the same accessory kit except for the Absolute version having an additional soft roller for hard flooring clean.

For the extra 656 miles (works out to almost $70 worth of miles) I can do without a "fluffy roller head" !!!

Ordered the Torque Drive and now my account looks pitiful 🤪

THANK YOU!! I wasn't looking cause it was just making me feel worse :(
Now I need to decide which one I'd be happy with -- both say they're "V-11" whatever the heck that means, looking on the actual Dyson site it looks like the more $$ one just comes with a few extra tools?
This one "costs" more miles than i have
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...aundry/dyson-v11-absolute-stick-vacuum/115613On the Airmiles site it says it includes

• Wall-mounted dock to recharge vacuum and tidily store tools
  • Includes: Dyson V11 Absolute, Nickel Torque Drive, Soft roller cleaner head, Mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release mini stiff bristle brush, Docking station, Charger
On the Dyson website they even show a picture of what's in the box

View attachment 507796

I can "afford" this one, and it's fuscia!
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...-torque-drive-vacuum---nickelorfuchsia/115612On the Airmiles site it says it includes

• DOCKING STATION. Convenient docking station stores and charges the machine, and holds additional attachments. So it's always ready to go
  • Included: Nickel Torque Drive, Mini motorized tool, Quick-release combination tool, Quick-release crevice tool, Quick-release mini soft dusting brush, Quick-release mini stiff bristle brush, Wand storage clip, Docking station, Charger
And the picture on the Dyson website shows these things
View attachment 507797

mines the pink one too! i hope you love it!

PS: this is dyson #2 for us, and is still nameless, but our first was Tyson the Dyson :P

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate vacuums and all things related to vacuuming.
probably because as a teenager doing vacuum repair, i had a revolving carpet beater bar mangle my fingers.

we have hardwood and vinyl flooring with lots of little rugs :)
I will happily sweep and mop and sing like Snow White, but the tune becomes death metal real fast if there's a vacuum involved LOL

We have three cats so vacuums are a no no for me. Our house is all hardwood/laminate flooring. I sweep top to bottom then mop top to bottom. I only use our rechargeable stick vac for the entry way mat.

Well, a quick google search turned up the only true difference between the Absolute and the Torque Drive is:
The Dyson V11 Absolute and V11 Torque Drive have the same accessory kit except for the Absolute version having an additional soft roller for hard flooring clean.

For the extra 656 miles (works out to almost $70 worth of miles) I can do without a "fluffy roller head" !!!

Ordered the Torque Drive and now my account looks pitiful 🤪
View attachment 507815
Well that's exciting and sad all at the same time. Sad? Sad because it's one of those 'adult' moments when you realize that you got excited over a vacuum. When I got mine I vacuumed EVERYTHING just for fun, I had to try out all the tools.....also sad. Now when I use it the thrill is seeing what's trapped inside :crazy: Yesterday I pulled out a huge ball of stuff from DD's room....I told her to name it and put a leash on it.

We have three cats so vacuums are a no no for me. Our house is all hardwood/laminate flooring. I sweep top to bottom then mop top to bottom. I only use our rechargeable stick vac for the entry way mat.
Just curious, why can't you vacuum with cats. We had a cat a few years ago and I vacuumed the house. Was I not supposed to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter