Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My stupid mistake. Posting here so others don't do it. I was so excited about DH loaded offer of spending $115 get 100AM I went shopping today to do it. (it's a lovely sunny day out today and I wanted to get away from the reality show on TV) Got to the cash. Flyer coupon is for Fri-Sun. Caught again. I do this once a year or so. I finished my transaction because it wasn't worth putting everything back. :(

Beware!

My stupid mistake. Posting here so others don't do it. I was so excited about DH loaded offer of spending $115 get 100AM I went shopping today to do it. (it's a lovely sunny day out today and I wanted to get away from the reality show on TV) Got to the cash. Flyer coupon is for Fri-Sun. Caught again. I do this once a year or so. I finished my transaction because it wasn't worth putting everything back. :(

Beware!

Sorry to hear this happened but I am soooo glad it is not just me who has done this!
I know exactly how you feel LOL

Hmm. I was one of the winners in the Air Miles Roundup Contest. A while back they sent an email that the prizes would be late in coming. Of course Rexall gift cards were among the prizes on offer. Now what?

We were one of the winners too, but for the life of me, I can't remember if I selected Rexall gift cards. If their partnership runs until May, that's still lots of time to use the gc's, if we ever receive them, that is.

Just got this email from AirMiles

Since you’re a Collector who has shopped at Rexall over the last year, we want to let you know that, as of May 1, 2020, Rexall will no longer be a participating Partner of the AIR MILES Reward Program as it pursues an alternate business strategy.

Up to and including April 30, 2020, you can still get Miles and use AIR MILES Cash Miles at Rexall. After this date, you can continue to get and use Miles for comparable over-the-counter cosmetic and health products through our wide range of Partners including Sobeys, Safeway, Metro, PJC Jean Coutu and more.

Plus, you can get Miles on the latest beauty products from online brands such as Sephora, Lancome, Amazon and more by shopping with airmilesshops.ca.

So while we say goodbye to Rexall, we’re pleased to offer our Collectors many great Canadian and global brands at which to get and use Miles on their everyday spend

Just got this email from AirMiles

Since you’re a Collector who has shopped at Rexall over the last year, we want to let you know that, as of May 1, 2020, Rexall will no longer be a participating Partner of the AIR MILES Reward Program as it pursues an alternate business strategy.

Up to and including April 30, 2020, you can still get Miles and use AIR MILES Cash Miles at Rexall. After this date, you can continue to get and use Miles for comparable over-the-counter cosmetic and health products through our wide range of Partners including Sobeys, Safeway, Metro, PJC Jean Coutu and more.

Plus, you can get Miles on the latest beauty products from online brands such as Sephora, Lancome, Amazon and more by shopping with airmilesshops.ca.

So while we say goodbye to Rexall, we’re pleased to offer our Collectors many great Canadian and global brands at which to get and use Miles on their everyday spend
I just got it too. I don't buy beauty stuff there, but home health care supplies that are $$$.

I was pretty concerned about the Rexall business but then I totaled my Rexall AMs for 2019 and apparently I only earned 982AMs. This was surprising to me. I thought it would be much larger.

It won't be too much of a loss for me but it's definitely still annoying. It will for sure impact my participation in the big promos (use so many providers etc.). Rexall was always one of my providers - always my "for sure". I'm not sure what I'm going to get to replace it.

Hopefully AMs can find something to replace it. Seems like it's getting worse every year. I'm keeping up with it for now but it's getting harder to find reasons to use AMs over other travel cards.

Sobeys had a number of items with AM attached to them, in store, that weren't in the flyer. It might be worth a trip up and down the aisles to look for some of those. They might be store specific items that they are looking to clear.

I got some freshco groceries today, they have ice cream for $1.75 a box! It's Chapman's too so nice to get a Canadian brand. And kiddo is happy. I'll hit up Sobeys for a couple things this weekend, and probably Food Basics because they have a few things on sale. I'm trying to save money and not over spend, so I won't be doing the $100 at Sobeys. I could easily spend that on groceries but don't really have it right now. Any way! I don't even have 300 Airmiles earned this year... not off to a great start towards Onyx. Hopefully StB will post soon and help, I was hoping to average more than the 500 a month you need to get to Onyx.

I got some freshco groceries today, they have ice cream for $1.75 a box! It's Chapman's too so nice to get a Canadian brand. And kiddo is happy. I'll hit up Sobeys for a couple things this weekend, and probably Food Basics because they have a few things on sale. I'm trying to save money and not over spend, so I won't be doing the $100 at Sobeys. I could easily spend that on groceries but don't really have it right now. Any way! I don't even have 300 Airmiles earned this year... not off to a great start towards Onyx. Hopefully StB will post soon and help, I was hoping to average more than the 500 a month you need to get to Onyx.
We are still using up our gift card stash from the last promo so we have been going to Freshco for weekly groceries. Hopefully there is another gift card promo soon. It's a good easy way for me to earn airmiles. Plus you can't beat that Freshco price matches. That little system earns me an estimated 12% off my regular bill . There is also the added bonus that Freshco is one town over, so I don't run into anyone I know. Sometimes it's nice to just get in and do my thing without the socializing that comes with small towns!:rolleyes1
I'm happy with that system and Shell for airmiles earning, and PCpoints for Shoppers Drug Mart and NoFrills items that Freshco doesn't carry.

Hey everyone. I've had so much crap going on just after Christmas that I haven't had time to read the boards. I might share later on.

I found out about Rexall on facebook. I'm another person who is done shopping there as of May 1st. It's out-of-town for me. I don't have to go as far as some people here do but still, it's a 20 minute drive out of my way. I'm not interested in their loyalty program. I compared it to Air Miles and PC Optimum and it's terrible. I have 3 Shoppers in town and I already use PC Optimum, so.. more shopping at Shoppers on their 20X days. I only purchased basic items from Rexall anyways. Foods on sale, hygiene items. I can do that here and earn more.

Done. Great idea. I emailed them at Rexall Corporate "contact us" rather than the website providing the new program.

Link: https://www.rexall.ca/contact/

View attachment 469305

Done! Thanks. I left them a FB message and now I left them one through this contact as well.

If we only ever earned base miles, I feel like no reward program would feel 'worth it' to me. I'm all about the bonuses.

I totally agree that I think this is a bad move for Rexall. I read it as a sign that they're struggling and participating in AM cost too much? So now they're trying to offer their own program and save a few bucks. I don't think it's going to go well, and I think even people who casually collect points won't be keen on the change.

That's my thought as well.

Beware!

I'm sorry. I have done that as well.

edited to correct spelling mistake

Last edited:
Someone in ‘that’ group posted that there will be a Bonus Boom starting next week but AM won’t be releasing the details until it starts. She’s partially wrong again....I just got an email for the BMO Bonus Boom offer. It’s an opt in and spend $200 at sponsors between Feb 6-12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter