Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I’ll be doing Blue Friday after work. Hoping they still have bacon. I’m only getting a few BF items (yogurt, strudel, bacon,maybe samosas)but I also have a loaded offer of spend $100 get 100 AM I am hoping will stack to get 200 AM for the $100 spend. It stacked last weekend with the regular flyer threshold coupon but not sure if the BF one acts differently.

I’m so proud of me.. I think my best shop to date airmiles wise.. ( maybe not for the vets here but I’m still learning )
$121 spent and 535 airmiles and all on stuff we will use is the best part . I thought at 545 time wise I’d be the first crazy AM collector but they already had a lady go through with 35 boxes of cereal
Anyways I’m proud of me ha ha and I knew you guys would understand
I went through with 35 boxes of cereal!!! LOL!!!

And a second transaction of 12 Flamingo chicken products.

GO YOU!!! :)

Wow!! You guys bought a lot of cereal! I went out to Foodland this morning and bought 5 boxes at $2.99 each for 100 miles.

The Samosas have a bit of spice to them but they are very good.

They certainly do! I heated two of the up for lunch. After a few bites I cracked open a can of coke to drink with them. lol The other 4 are for my son.

Keep on reading each week and you'll be at 6000 before you know it. I thought this was going to be a slow year when it started and it turns out it will be my best so far. (3 account, me, DH and DS) We have collected almost 40000AM so far this year. (5000 was related to a CC, bonus and flight redemption)

Wow, you rock! That's an amazing amount.

Foodland: 5 boxes of cereal (100 miles) and 4 boxes of Pizza Pops (50 miles) spent $26.91 pre-tax.

Sobeys: spent $105.02 pre-tax on the items I mentioned before and ended up with 415 miles. I received an extra 5 miles on pillsbury pizza crest that I wasn't expect. I think from the APP.

Decided not to do Blue Friday today, the only thing I could see getting was bacon and it's cheaper elsewhere for bigger packs. So I went to FreshCo for groceries instead. I guess I'll wait for the next big promo, at least I'm already at Onyx this year. Wish I could get some more miles to put towards a trip, but also need to stick to budget. Glad some of you were able to do well.

Yes, agree. Your 7day 6400am one is worth $469 USD after tax.

In regards to the dates on the tickets, after many escalating calls to Disney in May, I was told the date on the tickets is the third party (ie airmiles) print date and has absolutely nothing to do with the ticket or it's price. The process I was told is that Airmiles/Disney would negotiate a price, Disney would ship a stack of blank cards/vouchers to Airmiles and Airmiles would print tickets (with the date) as they feel necessary, the ticket is activated and their account with Disney is charged the negotiated rate. The date is just a tracking date between Disney and Airmiles.

Thanks for the information. I'd be curious to know how we can "verify" the price we are being quoted? I mean without some sort of verification Disney could tell us our ticket is only worth $1. I find it hard to believe that Disney is willing to lose $158.29 US per 7 day AM ticket by selling to a discounter ($627.29 - $469). We will be upgrading to APs regardless already have a 2 week trip planned for March 2020 so any amount we can apply towards our AP is a bonus. I will just ask for some verification on the price quoted.

I did a Blue Friday shop this morning. With the My Offers I had (including spend $100, get 50 AM), plus the Blue Friday deals, I ended up spending $169.55 and got 613 AM. I found it difficult to weed trough all the promo stuff and find stuff we actually needed. I bought 2 of the big peanut butters in preparation for Christmas - my office usually donates to the local food bank, so I am trying to stock up on stuff I can donate. DS is allergic to peanuts, so it's useless to us at home.

I went at lunch and filled my car up with gas at Shell. Total 65 miles with my bonus AM and $5 in store purchase.
I swear on the last 2 receipts I had with Shell, it said I would get 100 bonus AM if I had 4 $5 in-store purchases. Then last week Shell promoted their bonus 50 miles with 4 $5 in-store purchases, and that's all I got today. This is the second time they have changed their promotion mid-month. In September I had 2 fills on September 1 (road trip) that qualified for 2 of the 4 fill-ups I needed for the 100 bonus miles, then they changed the promo dates from September 1 to September 3. Very frustrating.

I think I'll go back to filling up at the Co-Op now, at least I get a rebate check from them each year, no strings attached.
On the bright side, 678 AM in one day is pretty good 🙂

Keep on reading each week and you'll be at 6000 before you know it. I thought this was going to be a slow year when it started and it turns out it will be my best so far. (3 account, me, DH and DS) We have collected almost 40000AM so far this year. (5000 was related to a CC, bonus and flight redemption)
That is amazing good for you! I honestly didn't think I could rack up miles this fast I never have in all the years I've been collecting but this thread is amazing. I have teenage boys, they eat. My wife is at Foodland right now getting cereal!!

Got to partake in the Blue Friday today. I spent 136 and got 511 AM. Not my best one...but I will take it. It is all things we use and eat. ( Thank god for teenage boys who graze - and eat cereal and chips lol ) The hubby doesn't like old Dutch...so he will complain while tearing into a bag of ripple ones I bought I'm sure. But I only bought 4 bags...as my pants are saying for love of god Pumpkin...please east some salad :rotfl: So I'll take what I got today. That will put me closer to keeping my onyx status ( which I still haven't yet obtained :eek: ) I'm still slugging along collecting and hope to get there before the end of the year.

I’ll be doing Blue Friday after work. Hoping they still have bacon. I’m only getting a few BF items (yogurt, strudel, bacon,maybe samosas)but I also have a loaded offer of spend $100 get 100 AM I am hoping will stack to get 200 AM for the $100 spend. It stacked last weekend with the regular flyer threshold coupon but not sure if the BF one acts differently.
I didn't know this was possible, lmk if it works!!! Would love to try stacking!!!

Decided not to do Blue Friday today, the only thing I could see getting was bacon and it's cheaper elsewhere for bigger packs. So I went to FreshCo for groceries instead. I guess I'll wait for the next big promo, at least I'm already at Onyx this year. Wish I could get some more miles to put towards a trip, but also need to stick to budget. Glad some of you were able to do well.

I have felt the same way for most of the year. I'm earning PC Points way easier and more regularly.

But slow and steady, we'll all make the best of our shopping needs :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter