Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks....I fished around Redtag and never figured out how you got to the place that the link goes to. Turns out that Redtag give the most miles. I've booked the ticket and it got me 195 miles plus what I get from Amex. I would have gotten less than half that amount going through airmilesshop. It makes me a tab nervous booking through a third party...I'm used to booking online but always direct with the airline etc.

So now DH will be overseas for 2 weeks in November and I will have 15 glorious nights of silence. He asked me if I minded him being gone so long and was not amused when I said I was going to have the best 2 weeks of sleep and did he want to double down for 4 weeks.
It's actually on the Airmiles website, hiding on the Rewards page under Travel Specials. It's NOT easy to find!!

I understand the sleeping arrangements ... i HATE hate HATE being touched when i sleep and good grief, hubby is a noisy, restless sleeper! You'll miss him but being able to stretch out and sleep when & how you want will be awesome!

I just tried the search based on your post. Thanks, seems more legit now. I'll be trying a giftcard or two this week as well.
It seems to have been tested and validated on the Red Flag Deals site. There is a thread that is 109 pages long that grew over the last week of the promo. People were going in and buying such huge amounts of gift cards and the latest news on that thread is that Shell is going to impose a $300 per day limit on gift card sales. It's an interesting thread - worth reading.

It seems to have been tested and validated on the Red Flag Deals site. There is a thread that is 109 pages long that grew over the last week of the promo. People were going in and buying such huge amounts of gift cards and the latest news on that thread is that Shell is going to impose a $300 per day limit on gift card sales. It's an interesting thread - worth reading.

Thanks, sounds like this promo might not last long.

Almost doubled the amount of spend on gift card purchases this time,,,,:(
Gift Card purchases:
Sobeys Urban Fresh spend $75.00 get 50 bonus airmiles
Sobeys On spend $200.00 get 100 airmiles
Foodland spend $100.00 get 50 airmiles

Metro
Spend More Get More 4 days only
Spend $100 get 100
spend $150 get 150

Last edited:
So with the Shell GC MC deal. If Shell doesnt have the Disney cards, do you think if you grab some from another store, can they be bought and validated at Shell. Does this make sense? It would be a big deal change if possible.
I dont know how the validating of GC goes how they activate them, if anyone here does please chime in.

So with the Shell GC MC deal. If Shell doesnt have the Disney cards, do you think if you grab some from another store, can they be bought and validated at Shell. Does this make sense? It would be a big deal change if possible.
I dont know how the validating of GC goes how they activate them, if anyone here does please chime in.
yes they have to be activated at the store you buy them at.

:wave: After not being around for a long time, I need to try to get back into the airmiles train. We have a trip planned for beginning of 2021, so I'm hoping to have enough miles to buy at least one ticket with miles. Problem is, Northern Ontario seems to be an airmiles dead zone. We used all the miles I had for tickets to Disneyland, so we have a long way to go.

I did find out yesterday that the Shell near my house is full service, for the same price as the other stations, so will definitely be taking advantage of that this winter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter