Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just back from Rexall, I redeemed 95AM cash, got my GC for next week and $10 off my purchase. The 50AM for doing the redemption did not show up on my receipt. Cashier said she had the same result earlier in the day. Manager said AM will show up (per fine print) within 30 days of end of promotion.

I took a screenshot of the flye,r just in case, but Rexall is usually good with posting these types of promotions later.

So sorry that this has ended up being so complicated. I have never truly been able to understand what Rexall does. I present a bunch of coupons and whatever works, works. I know the double, triple, quadruple dipping isn't technically allowed so I've never followed up when something I thought should work, doesn't. I don't want to bring light to a loophole they may not be completely aware of.
My thoughts as well, the coupons all have wording that indicates they shouldn't combine,
This is on the weekly email coupon

Cannot be combined with any other AIR MILES® store wide coupon or load + go offer.

This is on the one from the grand re-opening
Cannot be combined with any other Rexall coupon

When i have multiple coupons to use i just ask them to scan them all and cross my fingers, if it works great, if it doesn't I really can't make myself fight for any that didn't.

Last edited:
Just back from Rexall, I redeemed 95AM cash, got my GC for next week and $10 off my purchase. The 50AM for doing the redemption did not show up on my receipt. Cashier said she had the same result earlier in the day. Manager said AM will show up (per fine print) within 30 days of end of promotion.

I took a screenshot of the flye,r just in case, but Rexall is usually good with posting these types of promotions later.
YES< i should have posted something sooner about this, this is the ONLY time that you will NOT see miles appear on your receipt from Rexall (and often Metro under the same situation): if there is a FLYER promo that mentions earning miles for redeeming miles towards a purchase those miles will not show up. Not on your receipt NOT on your account tomorrow. They will post in 2 - 3 weeks with the following notation on your account:

Well, looks like Dorian is coming for us in Nova Scotia (me in Halifax)! Got my storm wine, no chips this time. Trying to keep it together LOL

I remember when Hurricane Juan's Category 2 hit us. This has the possibility of the same impacts as I believe wind speeds are just under the Category 2 level for us. Going to be a busy evening getting everything into the shed / house and securing the BBQ, the dang green bin, etc.

Wish us Maritimers good luck!

Last edited:

Well, looks like Dorian is coming for us in Nova Scotia (me in Halifax)! Got my storm wine, no chips this time. Trying to keep it together LOL

I remember when Hurricane Juan's Category 2 hit us. This has the possibility of the same impacts as I believe wind speeds are just under the Category 2 level for us. Going to be a busy evening getting everything into the shed / house and securing the BBQ, the dang green bin, etc.

Stay safe!

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping the wind is kind.

I'm trying to talk my DS23 into parking his car at the mall in the covered parkade for Saturday/Sunday. Do you think he will listen? Nope. We at least have a car port, so ours should be okay. And we can BBQ while being still sheltered from the rain.

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping the wind is kind.

I'm trying to talk my DS23 into parking his car at the mall in the covered parkade for Saturday/Sunday. Do you think he will listen? Nope. We at least have a car port, so ours should be okay. And we can BBQ while being still sheltered from the rain.
Not to make light of this but did you see the article out of Florida about the man who parked his smart car in his kitchen so it wouldn't blow away. The other car stayed in the garage.

Back from errands.

Metro, did 50 airmiles when you spend $25. It's 50 airmiles not 25 airmiles that is advertised in the flyer/email in case anyone didn't know. I went for the 1/2 bushel of peppers advertised and they were out (last week Freshco was out, this week it's Metro), still managed to spend $25.

Rexall, spent $30. Separated purchases into 3 transactions and cashed in 95 airmiles each time as I'd rather have the extra 100 airmiles than the giftcard ( I doubt I'll shop in the period that it is valid ). Also it's a test to see if the offer works multiple times, I put two transaction through on one card.

So sorry that this has ended up being so complicated. I have never truly been able to understand what Rexall does. I present a bunch of coupons and whatever works, works. I know the double, triple, quadruple dipping isn't technically allowed so I've never followed up when something I thought should work, doesn't. I don't want to bring light to a loophole they may not be completely aware of.
A few times I've let things go because I didn't want to bring it to the attention of the AM gods. This one though is a lot of miles.

just glancing thru my email and this is in the subject line of one from the same site that alerted me to the grand reopening coupon last week. There's nothing in the body of the email to explain this, just the coupon for the disgusting yogurt. Wondering if it's a head's up for something coming next week, I didn't get a threshold spend this week in my LNG offers :scratchin the stickers are mine btw!20190906_144038.jpg

If you make it out alive (which means before the wine runs out) we can start a club. I've already got the perfect t-shirt.

Seriously though.....I'm sure everything will be fine. I don't have the feeling that any additional serious damage is on the way. Stay Safe.

just glancing thru my email and this is in the subject line of one from the same site that alerted me to the grand reopening coupon last week. There's nothing in the body of the email to explain this, just the coupon for the disgusting yogurt. Wondering if it's a head's up for something coming next week, I didn't get a threshold spend this week in my LNG offers :scratchin the stickers are mine btw!View attachment 433371

We don't have LnG threshold offers this week ... so my guess is Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

A few times I've let things go because I didn't want to bring it to the attention of the AM gods. This one though is a lot of miles.

I think if you do you may just get the "standard" Cannot be combined with any other Rexall coupon. I know it's frustrating and maddening, give it some thought before you put yourself through the frustration.

Trying to book a hotel and pay cash through travel hub and it says sign in even tho I already am and just trying to finalize hotel payment then it says my account is locked . Did online chat with rep fixed she said still no luck ., I swear this happened before so frustrating. Anyone else have this problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter