Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Main reason we decided to cash in our miles for vouchers was because we are planning on going to a Sandals resort and it will be a VERY $$ venture. I had been holding out for the online system to launch because AM had been promising they would be using Transat (in fact it's still there in the FAQs) and I figured that would work out fine. I about lost my mind when i saw they have instead chosen to go with Redtag .. have you read their FAQs??? This did nothing to reassure me :

Customer Care – redtag.ca is ready to assist in planning your dream vacation every step of the way. We’ve combined great people with great technology to ensure each customer experience exceeds your expectation. Our agents are always just a phone call away and will be anxious to answer any questions or concerns you may have, before or after your redtag vacation.

Uhm, what exactly will happen if i run into trouble DURING my trip?!?!?!? I can't imagine trusting a bargain basement organization with a once-in-a-lifetime trip like we want to take. I WANT the hand-holding that will come from an agent for this trip. Not super happy that the resort we want to go to is booked in January but now i know we have $3,000 to apply to the trip next year.

@marchingstar they haven't even given a date for when you'll be able to book a cruise thru this system yet, it just says "in 2019" and remember the site still says in 2018 you'll be able to use Transat travel online ....

Regarding the value of the miles it will be the same as it is currently. From the website

Yes. With this new partnership, you can get and use Miles on Package Vacation bookings:

• Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on Package Vacations booked through redtag
    • For every 909 Dream Miles used, you will get $100 towards a Package Vacation booking through redtag
    • Flexibility to both get and use Miles: use Dream Miles for dollars off online bookings and get Miles on the total value of your booking.

ugh, you're right: redtag doesn't sound like a great choice. I'm going to stew on this for a couple of days. We probably want to wait a couple more years before taking a cruise--maybe I should think of another vacation to put travel certificates towards? I'm going to do a bit of poking around and think through options.

Anyone who was waiting to use the one day coupon for Rexall I would suggest looking at this upcoming flyer before you head out!!!
Fri-Sun there's a threshold offer of spend $50 get 100 AM ,same as the coupon BUT the flyer is chock full of bonus miles as well. You'll still be able to use the StB coupon as well so the mile return (IMHO) is better on the weekend!

Rexall ON flyer

ugh, you're right: redtag doesn't sound like a great choice. I'm going to stew on this for a couple of days. We probably want to wait a couple more years before taking a cruise--maybe I should think of another vacation to put travel certificates towards? I'm going to do a bit of poking around and think through options.
There's always the ability to piece together a trip yourself as well using dream miles. Some for flights and others for hotels, car rentals if need be, attraction tickets... I almost wish we had left our miles in the accounts and done some of these mini-trips while we save up for the bigger one <sigh>

Last edited:
There's always the ability to piece together a trip yourself as well using dream miles. Some for flights and others for hotels, car rentals if need be, attraction tickets... I almost wish we had left out miles in the accounts and done some of these mini-trips while we save up for the bigger one <sigh>

good point. Mini trips can be so rejuvenating! But on the flip side...your vacation is the trip of a lifetime! It will be so worth your miles once you're on that beach. Maybe the StB miles will cover a weekend away somewhere?

We have enough Dream miles for flights right now if we decide to cruise in 2020. Our preference is Cash miles right now. As we spend those, I take that money I would have spent and put it in our trip fund. It's the same as free money :) That way I don't HAVE to use Dream miles for vacations.

Even the TO show had some tickets that were more, but the seating was only a row or 2 different. So for her first one, she will be fine and wont know the difference.
Have a blast.
My wife said if she cant make it,,I have to go...Told her no way,,,not my thing/

I would have chosen the cheaper option too but for Montreal the only choice was section 103 for 5750 AM. As for who is going to go with DD, I think DH is already mentally prepared to go with her since he knows I’m not a big fan of crowds and loud music (he is).

Have you received the electronic tickets yet? I only received the receipt...

Morning everyone! Change of plans for Rexall!!!! There's a coupon in the app for spend 50 get 100 with a different bar code!!! Now the same 50 will let you snag 220 miles. Let's see if I can share the bar code here! You will more than likely have a cashier who will say it's the same, just ask them politely to please scan both, i'll report back after I've been shopping

Screenshot_20181206-091406_AIR MILES.jpg

Last edited:

Morning everyone! Change of plans for Rexall!!!! There's a coupon in the app for spend 50 get 100 with a different bar code!!! Now the same 50 will let you snag 220 miles. Let's see if I can share the bar code here! You will more than likely have a cashier who will say it's the same, just ask them politely to please scan both, i'll report back after I've been shopping

View attachment 368625

Are you saying the email one day only coupon is different than the app one day coupon? I checked, and they have the same barcode?

Are you saying the email one day only coupon is different than the app one day coupon? I checked, and they have the same barcode?

Nope, they're different, the bar code for the email coupon ...
Screenshot_20181206-100614_Word.jpg
And the bar code from the app
Screenshot_20181206-100745_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I am still half asleep sooo could someone who has the app confirm that the 2 coupons have different bar codes please? I would HATE to be sharing information that's not correct!!!!!

Yeah, the email coupon and my app coupon are the same barcode, so that sucks for me!

Well, go ahead and use the 2 bar codes I've put here! They're the same numbers that @juniorbugman just shared!!! Before I had access to the app someone shared the 2 codes like this and I used them and it worked.

Hopefully I have remembered this correctly. I don’t know who it was but someone here has booked a trip using a lot of travel vouchers...for a wedding I think...and that you were told you could get more vouchers to bring in later to be reimbursed. Anyway, I just got off the phone with my Marlin travel rep and she said that you can not bring in additional vouchers. She said you can only use what you have at the time of booking. It’s a once and done thing. She then went into the whole thing about Dec 31st...all correct info.

I had used 1800.00 worth of vouchers for our daughter's destination wedding in May. The travel agent handling all the arrangements for everyone, had given everyone a heads up about the changes coming ( in Sept ) I cashed in what ever I could and that amount was added as my deposit that I had paid. She told me that if I had anymore miles by the end of the year, we could also cash in for more vouchers, but after Dec 30...she wouldn't be able to add anymore vouchers to offset the cost of our package. I do have enough for more vouchers, but the other half and I decided to just save those for something else for another trip we might want to do.
I was never told that I would be reimbursed at a later date though. She is just adding them to the packages as part of our deposits before we have to make our final payment - if that makes sense

I think I’m going to have to go to Rexall at lunch today. We’re almost out of shampoo for my son, so I’ll have to pick some up. Will have to see what else we need to get me to $50. It’d be great to get 220 miles for $50!

View attachment 368625
Dang - I bet on the wrong horse by doing my shopping on Tuesday night LOL! Oh well at least it’s done.

If anyone likes the Herbal Essences Bio Renew shampoo & conditioner - I found a $5 off 2 coupon in Independent Grocer (in the shampoo aisle) and was able to also redeem for $5 back with checkout51. Rexall has it on sale for $5.99 ea today so it made them $1 each!

-- edited to add that Checkout51 ran out of that offer -- sorry!

Last edited:
Dang - I bet on the wrong horse by doing my shopping on Tuesday night LOL! Oh well at least it’s done.

Same here, I shopped on Monday just to get that darn STB coupon done and over with, lol.
I could use my husband's card, but it's always a struggle to justify buying stuff at Rexall when I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Oh no! I did my Rexall shop this morning before coming on here - I saw the 100 miles for $50, but obviously wasn’t paying much attention ‘cause I “loaded” it thinking it was a load and go :(. So I only got my 40 air miles from the shop the block coupon - and spent $70 :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter