Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks for the support gang, i knew you would all understand how exciting it was to put these hard earned miles towards such a fantastic trip! I also knew you'd be here to pick me up after it came crashing down around my head today. The travel agent got back to me with 3 chains to look into and while they look nice the reviews aren't stellar. One is in the top at the moment but I need to do more digging since they are all in Mexico and i do NOT speak any Spanish!! Some of the websites are obviously translated into (poor) English and the chat session i did PLUS the e-mail i got back from one didn't do anything to instill confidence.

Cruise? Yeah that would be a great idea for food, I know they are amazing (can you sense the but coming??!?! :P ) I get seasick, have trouble with my balance at the best of times - made the mistake of doing whatever that bodyworks ride in EPCOT was called and spent the rest of the day lying on a bench in the shade quietly heaving into a bucket :crazy2: There is no way we'd risk that :(

THEN things just got better & better this evening. I'm sitting here clutching my bottle of liquid Gaviscon pushing thru yet another gastritis attack wondering how on earth i could even consider going to the Caribbean when my closely monitored diet HERE isn't working?!?!?! Hubby says maybe the Gods are trying to tell me something and protecting us from really getting into trouble - it's been exactly a month since my last attack and it would be almost exactly a month that we would be getting ready to leave <SIGH>

***ETA, ok What the heck is going on ... I've had stomach issues EVERY.SINGLE.TIME Ontario has had a Blue Friday and I've ended up missing them ALL Not this time buddy, it's my birthday! I'm going shopping :P

I hope someone can help me...I went to Rexall tonight to redeem my 190AM for 40 Bonus AM. I also had some Load & Go offers including spend $60 get 60 AM. While shopping I noticed that they had a deal for spend $40 on Neutrogena products get 40 AM. After checking out I noticed that I did not get the 40 bonus AM for the Neutrogena and I was told I could not combine both the Load & Go and the spend $40 together. I questioned why when they were separate offers and the manager advised that you can never combine 2 spending offers together. She gave me my 40 AM but I was wondering if it is just this store or if this is something I need to be aware of for the future. Also, I was advised that the 40 bonus AM for the redeeming of the 190 AM would come later...again, true?

***ETA, ok What the heck is going on ... I've had stomach issues EVERY.SINGLE.TIME Ontario has had a Blue Friday and I've ended up missing them ALL Not this time buddy, it's my birthday! I'm going shopping :P

Sick bag in one hand, flyer in the other. You go girl!

Here's hoping things settle down a little before then and you are able to enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

I hope someone can help me...I went to Rexall tonight to redeem my 190AM for 40 Bonus AM. I also had some Load & Go offers including spend $60 get 60 AM. While shopping I noticed that they had a deal for spend $40 on Neutrogena products get 40 AM. After checking out I noticed that I did not get the 40 bonus AM for the Neutrogena and I was told I could not combine both the Load & Go and the spend $40 together. I questioned why when they were separate offers and the manager advised that you can never combine 2 spending offers together. She gave me my 40 AM but I was wondering if it is just this store or if this is something I need to be aware of for the future. Also, I was advised that the 40 bonus AM for the redeeming of the 190 AM would come later...again, true?

It is most likely that you are not seeing the 40AM for redeeming 190AM. How many airmiles are posted on your receipt? If it's 100 you're good to go. My understanding is that the 40AM for redeeming 190AM will follow in a few weeks time.

As for threshold spends combining, yes they do, all the time. We call that stacking. It's the only way I justify shopping at Rexall.

Oh joy, you've found a store that thinks they're doing us a favour by letting us get Airmiles -- one that i would suggest you avoid in the future :P
  1. Your Loaded offers will combine with other offers (there are times they don't work at all but that's a different story that no one understands :P )
  2. ANY flyer offers, including the spend $40 on the Neutrogena get 40 are NOT dependent on anything else, ever if it's in the flyer (and especially if they have a sign on the shelf) and there is no indication in the store of an error in the flyer they HAVE to give you the deal, it's part of the Canadian "whatever-it's called" Code of Scanning
  3. The store has no way of knowing what your loaded offers are so she's full of poop!!
  4. YES, most stores (Metro & Rexall FOR SURE) do not print the bonus miles for redeeming cash miles on the receipt and they will NOT post at the same time as your other miles from today, but they will come in about 2 - 3 weeks.

It is most likely that you are not seeing the 40AM for redeeming 190AM. How many airmiles are posted on your receipt? If it's 100 you're good to go. My understanding is that the 40AM for redeeming 190AM will follow in a few weeks time.

As for threshold spends combining, yes they do, all the time. We call that stacking. It's the only way I justify shopping at Rexall.

Oh joy, you've found a store that thinks they're doing us a favour by letting us get Airmiles -- one that i would suggest you avoid in the future :P
  1. Your Loaded offers will combine with other offers (there are times they don't work at all but that's a different story that no one understands :P )
  2. ANY flyer offers, including the spend $40 on the Neutrogena get 40 are NOT dependent on anything else, ever if it's in the flyer (and especially if they have a sign on the shelf) and there is no indication in the store of an error in the flyer they HAVE to give you the deal, it's part of the Canadian "whatever-it's called" Code of Scanning
  3. The store has no way of knowing what your loaded offers are so she's full of poop!!
  4. YES, most stores (Metro & Rexall FOR SURE) do not print the bonus miles for redeeming cash miles on the receipt and they will NOT post at the same time as your other miles from today, but they will come in about 2 - 3 weeks.

Thanks guys...she is full of poop...I got 69 AM for my Load & Go and 4 base miles...she gave me the "make it right" 40 AM for the Neutrogena. So once the 40 AM for redeeming shows up in my account, I should be good...also, I switched to cash miles to have enough AM for Metro in December...once the 69 miles post...if I switch back to Dream, will the 40AM for the redeeming the 190 AM count based on when I redeemed or when it posts....all this thinking is making my brain hurt.

Someone just posted a picture of the front of the flyers, definitely Blue Friday this week - can't see much, but I'm excited for the quaker instant oatmeal on the front, something my family goes through tons of. I can't read how many boxes I need for the 100 airmiles, though :) Anxiously waiting tomorrows flyers now.
46469237_10161209011510247_1953428530121408512_n.jpg

Ooh! Blue Friday on Black Friday! Hoping we get it out west too.

That oatmeal is the best deal. Just over 8AM per dollar spent.

And to think my husband just told me he decided he likes the Our Compliments version better than Quaker.

Thanks guys...she is full of poop...I got 69 AM for my Load & Go and 4 base miles...she gave me the "make it right" 40 AM for the Neutrogena. So once the 40 AM for redeeming shows up in my account, I should be good...also, I switched to cash miles to have enough AM for Metro in December...once the 69 miles post...if I switch back to Dream, will the 40AM for the redeeming the 190 AM count based on when I redeemed or when it posts....all this thinking is making my brain hurt.
It will post as the day you redeemed, so cash.

Haven't looked at the Blue Friday yet I was checking my AM cards first. Just received 20AM Bonus from Airmileshops.ca haven't got a clue what they are for. I haven't ordered anything on DH account since the August online promotion. Any ideas? I'm not going to call AM to have them take these back they will make up for the Sobeys loaded AM which never posted.

Haven't looked at the Blue Friday yet I was checking my AM cards first. Just received 20AM Bonus from Airmileshops.ca haven't got a clue what they are for. I haven't ordered anything on DH account since the August online promotion. Any ideas? I'm not going to call AM to have them take these back they will make up for the Sobeys loaded AM which never posted.
I just got 20 miles as well and I ordered from them in October so maybe there was a promo on then.

Thanks for the support gang, i knew you would all understand how exciting it was to put these hard earned miles towards such a fantastic trip! I also knew you'd be here to pick me up after it came crashing down around my head today. The travel agent got back to me with 3 chains to look into and while they look nice the reviews aren't stellar. One is in the top at the moment but I need to do more digging since they are all in Mexico and i do NOT speak any Spanish!! Some of the websites are obviously translated into (poor) English and the chat session i did PLUS the e-mail i got back from one didn't do anything to instill confidence.

Cruise? Yeah that would be a great idea for food, I know they are amazing (can you sense the but coming??!?! :P ) I get seasick, have trouble with my balance at the best of times - made the mistake of doing whatever that bodyworks ride in EPCOT was called and spent the rest of the day lying on a bench in the shade quietly heaving into a bucket :crazy2: There is no way we'd risk that :(

THEN things just got better & better this evening. I'm sitting here clutching my bottle of liquid Gaviscon pushing thru yet another gastritis attack wondering how on earth i could even consider going to the Caribbean when my closely monitored diet HERE isn't working?!?!?! Hubby says maybe the Gods are trying to tell me something and protecting us from really getting into trouble - it's been exactly a month since my last attack and it would be almost exactly a month that we would be getting ready to leave <SIGH>

Which 3 resorts did the travel agent suggest? If I haven't stayed at one there is a pretty good chance I've heavily researched them. Every single time travel I do a billion hours of research....it passes for fun in my house.

In general, I find that there is ZERO language barrier in Mexico. You will always meet up with someone who doesn't speak English but I find it's not many and at the resorts it's very rare. The websites should all be in English because most of these chains are international.

Me too no idea

Me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter