Airmiles adult WDW ticket option seems to be missing?

MoreTravels

Mouseketeer
I wonder if they are adjusting the miles to reflect the Canadian pricing. Also, I wonder if they would inform all customers about the blockout date? Or maybe they have some sort of deals that their tickets follow different set of rules / restrictions.

It is getting so hard to buy / redeem the right WDW tickets for your trip now.

I looked last night and noticed they were gone.
I have a question for someone!
I plan to go in October 2019 and the CR tickets expire in September. So if I use airmiles to get the tickets with the Canadian Resident discount and they expire then I can turn the tickets in and I will have to pay the price difference is that correct?
if so by my math it's still a better deal than getting them later without the discount for example last time they were discounted they were 4200 am and without the discount they were 5100 am so 900 airmiles difference. The price difference is $395us -$329Us=$66 US dollars=$86 CAD
so you can use 4200 am now plus pay $86 dollars and a little bit more as the yearly price may be higher I'm thinking $15 so it will be around $100 or wait and have to use an extra 900 airmiles which you CANNOT collect for $100 worth of purchases....
What do you guys think of my logic....

If you're just wanting to get the very same ticket ... 5 day base ticket (or whatever the number is ...) without adding days or hoppers then you're right, take the current gate price of the ticket you want/need, minus the actual cost of the tickets you have and that's what you'll pay. As for airmiles math I must admit I'm too tired to figure that out but it seems right and I agree with your logic

If you can't use the tickets before Sept 30th 2019 then Disney will give you the value of the Canadian Discounted ticket towards a new gate price ticket. Disney will know you paid a discounted amount (even if you purchased them through Airmiles). The new gate price less the discounted Canadian amount is what you'll pay. In effect you will lose your discount.

Thanks Ottawamom, my brain isn't working that well in this heat, we don't have air con and I think it's about 42 degrees in my house!
I agree I will lose the discount, but airmiles wise it seems a better use of miles for those who find it difficult to accumulate the extra 900 miles.
Just waiting for them to come up on the airmiles website to get them.

Before you pull the trigger on the tickets just double check with Disney/(website) that they haven't changed their mind on giving you the value of the expired ticket towards a new ticket. They have been making changes to how they do things so often lately I would hate for them to slip something new in and you not know about it.

Also, youmight not be able to book FP+ with an expired ticket until you get a valid one in person at guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter