airline switching flight.

skip

Mouseketeer
i have booked a flight thru travelocity for my mother for june and just recieved an email saying the flight back is now a connecting.it is on american and now the flight is a 1 stop and my mother is handicapped and the main reason i booked it was because it was a non stop.
my 2 part queston is can i call american direct and try to switch it or do i have to go thru travelocity?
and second to make it even woarse is they don't show anymore direct flights on american web site to that city.when you bring up the schedule it shows the connecting and then it has some delta flight that are direct and have a star and saysCODESHARE.it says that american holds flights on delta to use sometimes for there pasengers if they need them.this is all on the american web site.
do you thing american will transfer her on a delta flight since they switched it?
thanks for your help.

Airlines have seasonal services. It may be that your mom is travelling at a time when American pulls direct flights out a her originating airport. They are there when she leaves, but gone when she is supposed to go back home. I can't say for sure since I don't know the originating airport.

Just because American and Delta code share does not mean that American can or will place her on a direct flight on Delta from her departing airport. You can call American and see what they can do for you. I'm sorry but Airlines reserve the right to modify any of their flight at any given time.

Double check to see if it is a same plane one-stop or a change planes connecting set of flights.

Usually the airline has the right to add stopping places, but for good customer relations they will sometimes refund the entire unused ticket if the reason you originally booked was to get a nonstop.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
*no longer exists

If you can't get her on a nonstop tell American she needs assistance at the connecting airport. They will help her get to the next flight.

See if there are any other comparibly priced fares on another airline...then call American and tell them that the change is unacceptable....be really nice (oohhh what will I do..she cant get from one to the other-oohh no this is terrible - get it)....tell them you NEED a non-stop...if they cannot accommodate you chances are that they will offer you a refund. Then you need to act fast and get that other airfare that you have already found somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter