Airline Seating Arrangements

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We have booked our air through ABD for our Emerald Isle trip in June. We're flying US Air and had them assign us our seats, just asked for us all to be together. We never received anything stating what our seat assignments were...is there a way that we can look it up? We have a minor with us so she definitely cannot be alone and I am terrified of flying so it is really best that I sit next to someone in my party - for the others around me ;)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

If you have your confirmation number, you should be able to go to USAir website and see your seat assignments and change them if you don't like them. I had ABD book my flight on USAir last year and I brought up the seating chart while we were on the phone and I told them which seats I wanted. ABD booked the flight for our upcoming trip with Air Alaska and they gave us the confirmation number and I went to the airline website and picked the seats I wanted. When you make your flight arrangements, or any other changes to your reservation, ABD sends a confirmation in the mail and that will have your airline confirmation number on it. If you haven't gotten that yet, you should be able to call ABD and they can give you the number.

I agree with BoBo about looking at your seats.

If you get to the airport and the minor is alone, i'm sure you can ask a stranger to switch (so like. if you have the isle and she has an isle, im sure the person in the middle would switch with her as long as they aren't with the person seated in the window.)

as for terrified of flying....relax. its not that bad. how long with your flight be?
I suggest bringing books and a dvd player to watch movies =) that does the trick for our family.

how old is the minor you are traveling with?

I agree with BoBo about looking at your seats.

If you get to the airport and the minor is alone, i'm sure you can ask a stranger to switch (so like. if you have the isle and she has an isle, im sure the person in the middle would switch with her as long as they aren't with the person seated in the window.)

as for terrified of flying....relax. its not that bad. how long with your flight be?
I suggest bringing books and a dvd player to watch movies =) that does the trick for our family.

how old is the minor you are traveling with?

The minor is 8 years old.

I have my days when I am more nervous about the flight than others. The first leg is only 2-ish hours and the big flight is 7 hours. I definitely plan on having lots of distractions! Hopefully I will be sleepy as well.

What is weird is that I typed in the code that was on my flight info and the US Air website said they could not find it. Maybe they were having issues - or maybe I typed in the wrong code. I'll give ABD a call this week.

Thanks for the replies!

Be careful with this.......we booked our air to Australia through ABD last year and our seating was all messed up despite multiple calls and requests that our minor children be seated with us. On top of that, the airline told us that only ABD could change the seat assignments since they booked them as our travel agent. Therefore, we could not change them online ourselves. Luckily, it all worked out in the end but this was one thing that was not flawless with ABD.

This is interesting, because ABD booked my airfare to Alaska, and I have had no problems logging onto the Alaska Air website, viewing my reservation, changing my seat assignments, etc. It must vary by airline. I did need to call Alaska Air to get seats for one leg, because it's through a code share, and the website couldn't handle it, but the Alaska Air rep had no problem helping me set up my seats...

All I needed was the Confirmation number for the reservation, which I got from ABD...

Sayhello

This is interesting, because ABD booked my airfare to Alaska, and I have had no problems logging onto the Alaska Air website, viewing my reservation, changing my seat assignments, etc. It must vary by airline. I did need to call Alaska Air to get seats for one leg, because it's through a code share, and the website couldn't handle it, but the Alaska Air rep had no problem helping me set up my seats...

All I needed was the Confirmation number for the reservation, which I got from ABD...

Sayhello

This was also our experience with our upcoming trip to Prague and Vienna. We are booked on United and I picked our seats on the web site, but had to call to get our seat assignments for the Luftansa portion of thee flight.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. I recently had some flight "drama" (see pre-trip report link) and have since been able to check the airline's website and see our seating assignments. All were ok except for one. I moved us all as close as possible but I will be begging to have us all together. At least the 8 yr old with one of us. It looks like they are single travelers, since I'm in a middle and there is a stranger in the window seat so I'm praying they are kind and will switch.

Otherwise, they are going to have a very annoying 7 hour flight haha. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter