• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airline not accepting my Covid test for return to US

DisneyandBeerLover

Mouseketeer
I’m flying Delta tomorrow from Paris into NYC and I took a rapid antigen test today. It’s negative, I submitted it for approval, but the airline rejected it. Everything I’ve read says that an antigen test is accepted so am I just being paranoid? Should I rush to find a different test? I don’t want to get stuck here. But I’m wondering if it’s something they can just verify at the ticketing gate?

eta the stated reason for the not accepting it was because of the type of test.

For tests to USA you need to make sure its a Fit to Fly test with a certificate. It needs to be a supervised test, either with a video call or at a clinic.

If you have all that and the cert has not been accepted, I wouldnt worry. I had the same issue with Delta in January. I rang the airline and they said don't worry, its just because they need to verify the cert in person. At the airport I showed the cert to the Delta staff member and there was no issue

For tests to USA you need to make sure its a Fit to Fly test with a certificate. It needs to be a supervised test, either with a video call or at a clinic.

If you have all that and the cert has not been accepted, I wouldnt worry. I had the same issue with Delta in January. I rang the airline and they said don't worry, its just because they need to verify the cert in person. At the airport I showed the cert to the Delta staff member and there was no issue

Okay awesome thank you! It was at a clinic, there’s a testing place at Disney Village in DLP. They sent me a document with the type of test, results, etc. so I’m hoping they just need to verify in person.

Okay awesome thank you! It was at a clinic, there’s a testing place at Disney Village in DLP. They sent me a document with the type of test, results, etc. so I’m hoping they just need to verify in person.

I was doing online check in the day before my Delta flight from Dublin. The Delta phone agent said that it was because I was flying international that I was having issues with online check in. As long as you did a supervised test and have the cert, you should be fine :)

:scared: Dear Lord, I hope these requirements are dropped by both countries before our trip to the States (and subsequent return to Canada) a month from now. Taking the tests is stressful enough. but having to futz around to get the results to the proper authorities adds a whole ‘nother level.

I flew internationally in February but blessedly my destination country didn’t require entry testing. I needed it to return though and yes, the results (either electronic or paper copy) are verified by the airline gate agents before boarding. Many people had trouble with the app and were showing papers.

:scared: Dear Lord, I hope these requirements are dropped by both countries before our trip to the States (and subsequent return to Canada) a month from now. Taking the tests is stressful enough. but having to futz around to get the results to the proper authorities adds a whole ‘nother level.

I flew internationally in February but blessedly my destination country didn’t require entry testing. I needed it to return though and yes, the results (either electronic or paper copy) are verified by the airline gate agents before boarding. Many people had trouble with the app and were showing papers.

We flew to the USA on Friday. Used a company in Calgary that watched us virtually do a rapid test we had at home. It was stupid easy, and I don’t actually recall showing anyone the test results before flying lol. This was air Canada.

We flew to the USA on Friday. Used a company in Calgary that watched us virtually do a rapid test we had at home. It was stupid easy, and I don’t actually recall showing anyone the test results before flying lol. This was air Canada.
Do they have an app you uploaded the results to? Somebody on the airline’s end is responsible for verifying your results before allowing you to fly. The results aren’t checked on the landing end. Even coming back our ArriveCan app submission wasn’t reviewed by anybody except the boarding agent when we left Cuba.

Do they have an app you uploaded the results to? Somebody on the airline’s end is responsible for verifying your results before allowing you to fly. The results aren’t checked on the landing end. Even coming back our ArriveCan app submission wasn’t reviewed by anybody except the boarding agent when we left Cuba.
With Delta, I was able to submit them online for approval beforehand to get that out of the way. So far it’s been the airline approving things. To get into France, I either needed valid vaccination or a Covid test. I’m vaccinated and it was approved before I flew out so nothing was asked of me when boarding or exiting.

When the immigration agent scanned your passport they could see all your ArriveCan information, so they don't need to ask to see is separately (so I was told by the immigration agent when I offered by ArriveCan details).

I checked in on the Air Canada app but I didn’t download our results or anything to it. They checked vaccination certificates but not test results. It isn’t the first time I’ve heard this happening either, I know others who never wound up showing their test results.

Update: got to CDG early because of this and because I went to Dublin a few days ago and the lines were horrific. The agent at the ticketing gate checked my Covid test and everything was fine, thankfully. Just in case anyone is curious, I have to turn this in when I board. 5F2602FC-40AA-4FC2-809C-83D2AAFF5529.jpeg

Great to hear you are all sorted at the airport, interesting that they gave you a print out. I did that through the Delta website. Enjoy your flight :)

We are headed out Friday, and retuning to the US from Dublin on 4/9. Don’t they want it to be 1 day before the flight? We are flying Aer Lingus.

If they would accept a Teledoc supervised home test, we could bring one with us.

We are headed out Friday, and retuning to the US from Dublin on 4/9. Don’t they want it to be 1 day before the flight? We are flying Aer Lingus.

If they would accept a Teledoc supervised home test, we could bring one with us.

Yes its one calandar day before your flight. There are two testing centres at Dublin airport and depending on your location the day before your flight, there are testing places in various locations in Ireland. I am from Dublin, so I can give you information about where to get the tests. My test for my January trip to USA cost €35 at my local drugstore.

Update: got to CDG early because of this and because I went to Dublin a few days ago and the lines were horrific. The agent at the ticketing gate checked my Covid test and everything was fine, thankfully. Just in case anyone is curious, I have to turn this in when I board.

Glad you got it sorted out. How was DLP by the way? I was plannig to go in early 2020, but, well, you know? I am interested to know if travelling over to Europe right now is not too difficult - obviously you need the tests, but otherwise? Were the parks good? Pelase let us all know when you get home. Thanks!

We used the BinaxNow video supervised tests in the fall and it worked great. I couldn't get the results to be accepted in the VeriFLY app ahead of time, but they were accepted when checking in at the airport.

Yes its one calandar day before your flight. There are two testing centres at Dublin airport and depending on your location the day before your flight, there are testing places in various locations in Ireland. I am from Dublin, so I can give you information about where to get the tests. My test for my January trip to USA cost €35 at my local drugstore.
Thank you! I mapped out two pharmacies close to our hotel that do the testing, and then there is also V1medical, which is close to the airport and has been recommended by Aer Lingus.

Just figuring out the timing. My husband booked an all day tour for the day before we leave, so we are a bit limited with the scheduling.

Glad you got it sorted out. How was DLP by the way? I was plannig to go in early 2020, but, well, you know? I am interested to know if travelling over to Europe right now is not too difficult - obviously you need the tests, but otherwise? Were the parks good? Pelase let us all know when you get home. Thanks!
It was so fun, I’m glad I went. When I arrived I had to use my vaccine card to get a “pass sanitaire” which you had to have to do a lot of things. Aside from that and the test on the way back into the US, that was it. It was nice because the flights were all still pretty empty so I got to lay across four seats to/from Paris.

I didn’t know DLP has better versions of a lot of my favorite rides so that was a pleasant surprise. It’s also so nice to get a new to me Disney experience, and the 30th just started so there’s fun celebrations!

It was so fun, I’m glad I went. When I arrived I had to use my vaccine card to get a “pass sanitaire” which you had to have to do a lot of things. Aside from that and the test on the way back into the US, that was it. It was nice because the flights were all still pretty empty so I got to lay across four seats to/from Paris.

I didn’t know DLP has better versions of a lot of my favorite rides so that was a pleasant surprise. It’s also so nice to get a new to me Disney experience, and the 30th just started so there’s fun celebrations!
Great to hear you had a good time in DLP :) Big Thunder Mountain in Paris is definitely the best out of all the parks, and I do think our Pirates is the best.

Sounds great! I hadn't thought about the advantages of less than full flights. I may have to get back to thinking about this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter