Airline Information

B

bamafan

The time is getting closer, now only two week away from our first trip to disney with our 2 1/2 years old son. I have some questions about traveling by air. What is the luggage policy for traveling (how many pieces of luggage may you take and poundage)? And how much can you carry on? Any helpful tips we can use while traveling on US Airways.

Also, can anyone give me information on "Gate Check?" I read about it on other threads, but really don't understand what it is. We are planning on taking a car seat for our son and stroller for use while we are in Florida.

I would appreciate any other useful insights anyone has in assisting with a 2 1/2 year old on a 2-hour flight.

Hi,

USAir has a FAQ section on their website www.usairways.com that your could check for luggage specifics. I believe it is 2 checked pieces per ticketed passenger..no idea on weight limits. As far as carry-on, one purse/laptop case type bag per person, plus one small bag that can fit under the seat in front of you. IF you mean checking your stroller at the gate, you simply bring the stroller down the ramp to the plane...usually someone is there to take strollers, car seats that turn out to be not approved by the FAA, wheelchairs, etc. Just make sure you have tagged the stroller with your name, etc. The stroller should be waiting for you at the same place when you land, but sometimes they get sent to the baggage carousel by mistake.

Check that your car seat is approved for use on the plane before you drag it through the airport, if it isn't, check it with your luggage.

We live in PA as well, near King of Prussia, my kids, 4 and 7, really enjoy sticker books, travel Magna Doodle, coloring and eating junk food that I usually give them a hard time about eating.

Although some airlines let families with small children board first, we don't because that even more time on the plane. My DH boards as usual with our backpacks and then I hop on with the kids at the last possible minute. Since he brought all out stuff, we're not holding up anyone.

Good Luck,

Jeannine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter