Airfare to Hawaii

We paid $410 return YVR to HNL tax all in on our last trip. I'm now starting to price out rates for next year but I don't have vacation time confirmed yet so I've not yet booked. I've seen ranges from high 300s to mid 500s return. I always check flying out of YVR, SEA and BLI which is often the cheapest.

I was able to get the pool view studio for the second week of June! Looking at flights, there seems to be tons of empty seats from JFK, so thinking of waiting to buy airfare. We have a new Delta credit card and will receive 50,000 miles once we spend $1000, which should be within a month. Would you wait a month or two to be able to use these miles and get 1 free ticket? That's what I think I'll do, but could use reassurance.

We are in the SAME DILEMMA! It has been about 3 days from approval, but the card won't arrive for about 7 days supposedly.

Then you must wait 1 billing cycle to spend $1,000 to get the mileage. Right now, we can get via United from Newark $715 RTrip revenue paying...Of course we want a "free ticket" once we get the mileage, but we run two risks here. I checked "reward" mileage and the super saver reward level is not available for our days.. Right now it is showing that it takes 40,000 miles for one round trip ticket on the same flight as the remaining "revenue paying" seats in our traveling party. We run the risk that in about 5 weeks, he 40,000 reward seat is not there. If that be the case, in 5 weeks the $715 flight could very well be $825 or so....

We decided that we will pay for everyone traveling in our family as revenue paying and "save" the mileage for spring, summer of 2015! :thumbsup2 Never know how these things go...our luck would be waiting 5 weeks or so to be able to "use the mileage" and the reward mileage is not available and the price the ticket has jumped by $100 or so!

Good Luck in your decision making..As a suggestion, check Newark...Not bad coming from Ct..Stay overnight in a reasonable hotel at the airport and be "good to go" with a 9:15 flight out of Newark on United to Honolulu! Only non stop flight from Newark gets in at 11:45AM...Plenty of time to drive back to CT..I'm sure you are no more than 3 hours!

Enjoy Aulani! WE CAN'T WAIT!:cheer2::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter