Airfare Experts...what's a good price to Ireland?

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Ok, I'm completely clueless when it comes to airfare and flying and pricing.

We are leaving out of either Fort Lauderdale or West Palm to Dublin. Then leaving from Shannon back to Ft. Laud or WPB. What is a "decent" price? And how soon should I book it. Have been in contact with Disney and looking online and pricing seems to be $3100-3300 for 2 adults and 1 child.

Thanks for the help!

That seems to be a decent price. Check out dates that are closer to and further from your departure date to see what the pricing is. This should give you a feel for how prices will vary. I usually find my best airfare at about 6-8 months out from travel.

We paid $640 pp from JFK last year, we travelled this past June. Booked thru Aer Lingus. They had a sale around Labor Day last year, which is when i boughtthe tickets. Take a look at Aer Lingus before purchasing elsewhere. They often have better fares to Europe than other carriers.

We flew out of Miami to JFk to Dublin and back from Shannon to JFk to Miami on Delta on our ABD trip in May. Two adults...$775 each...

We flew out of Miami to JFk to Dublin and back from Shannon to JFk to Miami on Delta on our ABD trip in May. Two adults...$775 each...

Wow that is a great price...like I said it is around $1100 for an adult ticket everywhere I'm looking.

When do you all suggest I actually book? I don't want to wait too long, but I don't want to rush into something and end up paying way too much.

We booked our tickets in Nov 2007 - the price went up $400 each by the end of April 2008 so I say book them the sooner the better!!!

Just a little tip...we had ABD book our airfare...I just gave them the flight numbers we wanted and the price I saw - it matched their records as well!
Anyway, we had THEM book the airfare, that way if the tour was cancelled, we didn't have to pay any fees to transfer our airline tickets to another date, tour, etc....

We booked our tickets in Nov 2007 - the price went up $400 each by the end of April 2008 so I say book them the sooner the better!!!

Just a little tip...we had ABD book our airfare...I just gave them the flight numbers we wanted and the price I saw - it matched their records as well!
Anyway, we had THEM book the airfare, that way if the tour was cancelled, we didn't have to pay any fees to transfer our airline tickets to another date, tour, etc....

Thanks for the heads up...I am planning on booking with them but was searching around to see what was out there. Just waiting on DSIL to get back to me on what she thinks since she is paying for my niece's plane ticket.

ABD will now look after the cost of rebooking airfare even if you don't book the airfare with them, that is a change.

Caution: If ABD books your airfare, they can also CHANGE your flights. This happened to me. They tried to change me to flying out of JFK and into Newark. This would have been really bad. Fortunately I have the best TA who was relentless with them, and they corrected it so I flew in and out of JFK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter