• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfaire is dropping

charissemp

Mouseketeer
I had been dragging my feet on booking airfare for late May/early June, but rates on Southwest recently went down, quite a bit. Just thought I'd give the heads up for people to check on them if you've been waiting, too.

Thats great for you!

Not so much for people out in AZ! Rates went up for us, ALOT! So much that we're not doing nonstop anymore and went ahead and booked the cheapest rate. Hoping nonstop drops before our trip and we can get the credit as we have three more airfare trips this year! :headache:

Our tickets on Northwest (now Delta) from Minnesota to Orlando are each $100 cheaper than they were last year!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish mine would go down. I'm looking at August from Columbus, OH and it hasn't decreased at all since the fares were first posted. I keep holding off, but it's driving me crazy.

We are lucky enough to be going in March and June ... but airfare from Denver to Orlando keeps going up as well. Wish someone had some insight and could tell me if I should just pay the money now. I keep holding off hoping airfare will go down, but I'm scared it will keep going up and then we will really be in trouble.

Charissemp, you should download the "ding" app from Southwest!! It will save you even more money. I had a ding rate one 2 years ago for $55 from New Orleans to Orlando one way (taxes not included). I ended up getting nonstop flights for about $140 roundtrip, which was AWESOME!!! I'm waiting for my ding this year too!!!

I had been dragging my feet on booking airfare for late May/early June, but rates on Southwest recently went down, quite a bit. Just thought I'd give the heads up for people to check on them if you've been waiting, too.

with the special swa has going on thru thursday, i saved a few extra dollars on my may trip (which i put toward ds's march cheapo flight to/fro tampa). btw, i haven't seen an isp/mco ding in a very loooooooooong time :confused3

I was able to book Kansas City to Orlando (both ways and direct flights) for just $67. Not too bad, especially around the Memorial Day holiday.

The rates for my dates haven't BUDGED either...not one cent...since booking when the dates came out in Dec. So I'm one of those people with my way down but no way home yet. I don't mind being "stuck" in Orlando, but I'm not so sure about the other 7 people that will be with me :eek:.

Praying they start dropping soon because it's driving me CRAZY :scared: .

And the Dings have been completely crappy to non-existent for my area.

I wonder what the discrepancy is? Well, for those of you still waiting...hang in there! I was getting frustrated, but now I'm very happy with the results!

It DID drop today! But I'll be danged if it went right back up as I went to book! Got to the continue to purchase and it said "Oops! There's an error." scrolled down and the fare had changed! :confused: SWA is a PITA sometimes. One way went from $78 to $97 on one leg/$116 on the other. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter