airborne cinnamon allergy-what to avoid?

You can enter at Casey's and walk the length of Mainstreet (exiting near the Barbershop). All the shops are connected on that side. It is the other side is not fully connected.
Thanks.
We've always exited somewhere on that side. It might be because its tight for a wheelchair rather than not connected.

I'm not sure if something like this would help, but after reading someone mention wearing a face mask it reminded me of these nasal screens I saw somebody made on an episode of Shark Tank. Anyhow, I don't know if these are the same ones or how well they really work, but they are much more discrete than a face mask and might be worth looking into. It won't eliminate the risk entirely, but may minimize it.

http://www.filteryourlife.com/

I have nothing to add but I want to wish you lots of luck in your quest to keep your dd safe & at the same time have a fun in WDW!!

I do like the decorated mask idea but I know my son who is 9 with an allergy to dairy, peanut, tree nut & egg white would not be happy being the only person wearing a mask, even if just for 100 feet to get by that smell. He had a melt down Saturday because I forgot to make him pizza to bring to the bowling alley & he had to have a hot dog while everyone else had pizza.

Also be careful in Hollywood Studios! There is a funnel cake cart there and my kids had cinnamon topping. The cinnamon was blowing everywhere!! Most definitely airborne.

Yah I agree medical mask is the best way to go. Actually last time I was at the Hospital they had cute Disney children ones :) I took one home with me even though I'm closer to 30 than a child haha. It's for sure not "cool" in the kids eyes to wear one but honestly if someone walked by wearing one I probably wouldn't give it a second look and you'll both feel safer.

I'm not sure if something like this would help, but after reading someone mention wearing a face mask it reminded me of these nasal screens I saw somebody made on an episode of Shark Tank. Anyhow, I don't know if these are the same ones or how well they really work, but they are much more discrete than a face mask and might be worth looking into. It won't eliminate the risk entirely, but may minimize it.

http://www.filteryourlife.com/

I looked into nasal screens when my allergies got really sensitive. The problem I ran into is that they don't cover the mouth and allergens can still in that way if you accidentally open your mouth. I went with the mask option since I didn't want to have to be mute anytime I'm around allergens, which is quite often. (I'm waiting for the day the cops pull me over to ask if I'm on my way to a bank heist or something.:rolleyes1)

Is there another time of year you could go? There are so many stores and quick dining spots, candy stores, etc that all have seasonal smells and products. It seemed like most of the resort lobbies we visited even those without big displays seemed to have a holiday scents. Even Downtown Disney has the nut carts, cinn pretzel carts, candy stores, etc. I have issues with overly scented things giving me migraines and I feel like the holiday time was much more difficult.

Hi I have the same allergy and am going in early Dec. Can you tell me how you fared?

No time to read all the responses, so this may have been mentioned. Stay away from Boma! They use cinnamon in many of their recipes. LOL Didn't notice this was a very old thread.

I am not a smoker or a *vaper* HOWEVER at epcot we walked by one of the smoking sections and someone was vaping CINNAMON scent. No idea if it is like what your child is allergic too but I must say when I got a whiff of it I almost gagged the scent was so strong and too boot the *vaper* guy was bragging at it being cinnamon and how it tasted and "ohh look how big of a cloud i made."

I really think some sort of mask might be your best bet. Maybe decorate it up Disney like ?

zombie alert-This person posted this 3 1/2 years ago and hasn't posted since.

While this is an old thread and the OP does not appear to have returned to the boards in quite a while -- KCLO has a current question about airborne cinnamon allergy. I'd like to leave this open for responses to KCLO if anyone has experiences to share.

Thank you for keeping this post active. I too have an airborne cinnamon allergy and didn't even consider it when I booked.... we arrive tomorrow and of course are going to MVMCP. I made the note on our dining reservations but hadn't even considered I'd be affected by the shops and parades. My allergy is to true cinnamon, not the artificial used in many scented products so I'm hopeful, as long as I avoid the bakeries I should be okay. Any suggestions for a safe parade viewing spot?

Gaston's Tavern has cinnamon buns, and I've smelled them outside of beast's castle area - thinking the 'steamer' vent is somewhere around there? They steam the rolls to warm them up, and so the smell gets into the vents.

Hi I have the same allergy and am going in early Dec. Can you tell me how you fared?

Not the OP obviously, but personally thinking you couldn't choose a worse time to visit WDW. Just what I have seen and 'smelled' while there, there seems to be a cinnamon smell in the air in Dec. all the time. We were there a few years ago, plan this month also, and most places, some outdoor carts, hotels, etc. sell treats to eat or just a potpourri that permeates the air. I would be very wary if I were deathly allergic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter