• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air travel ticket name must match photo ID name exactly

It doesn't sound like much has changed. You have always been able to fly if the names don't totally match. I hope then there is something built into the system when the airlines make the mistake and not the customer.

at least 50% of the time, the airlines screw up my name...
fortunately, it's such a wacko name, the people checking me in and checking me at security don't notice the mismatch...

great I need to get MIL's tix and she is asleep LOL not sure what her lic reads for a middle name or initial?

I just got off the phone with southwest...... as long as you have made the reservation before may 15th its no problem as long as your first and last name match, but after that they want your middle name or initial however it is printed on your ID.

I just got off the phone with southwest...... as long as you have made the reservation before may 15th its no problem as long as your first and last name match, but after that they want your middle name or initial however it is printed on your ID.

Thats what I thought. I did it today. I did call MIL and made it match her ID. Weird thing is, they dont have a box on Jetblue to have middle name, so I put it in the first with a space. No warning about it either. I think I am covered though.

Is the requirement going into effect August 15? So if we are flying in June we should be fine? I know our IDs have mid initials and tickets don't. and what about under 18 - all we have is SSN or BC for id and they have full names, tickets don't.

It's confusing, but from what I can gather, the airlines were to begin accepting MI/MN for reservations. They also have to have date of birth and gender by August 15th.

However, the TSA has not defined when total enforcement of the name matching will take place.

Just got off the phone with Southwest. The agent told me that the official deadline is August 15. However Southwest has notified TSA that due to constraints of their system they will not be able to comply by the 15th and they have been granted an extension to October. Since my return flight will be on Aug 11, I didn't follow up. Has anyone else gotten this explanation?

The idiots at Spirit didn't seem to know what I was talking about and just kept telling me the tickets were nontransferable and could not change the name without charging. They don't even have a place on their website to put a middle initial when booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter