Air travel policy updates

I didn’t say that shoppers uses life labs or that it’s the same test even... they never mentioned it to me at all.
I’ll be looking into it more though, but the pharmacist told me they do the tests and they are $40 for travel to USA. That is all he said.

Sorry. It was said by a poster above that Life Labs processes the tests, not Shoppers.

I’m the one that said Lifelabs because they are the ones who do it. Fly Clear is by Lifelabs. This test also cost $200 to purchase and when you purchase it you are not paying Shoppers you are paying LIfelabs. You purchase it then you book your appointment for the test. When they allow you to book it probably depends on the location. The one I contacted and will be using advised to call about 3 weeks prior to your trip because their schedules do not go further then that in advance. I'm just advising what I know and have experienced.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but people may be in danger of conflating the PCR test (ie like the Lifelabs one above) - which are $200 or so at Shoppers - and the Rapid Antigen test, which run about $40 at Shoppers here in Toronto. Either are acceptable for air travel to the US.
I wonder why Shoppers in BC doesn’t offer the $40 test. :(

Here is the link that explains how the process is done, Shoppers themselves do not complete the test it is Life Labs that does it.
Ok, so now I am confused. When I click on the link on the Shopper's site it says the test is $200 not $40. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I didn’t say that shoppers uses life labs or that it’s the same test even... they never mentioned it to me at all.
I’ll be looking into it more though, but the pharmacist told me they do the tests and they are $40 for travel to USA. That is all he said.
I need to make some calls. Of course I am hoping against hope that the borders open for all fully vaccinated travellers soon and all of this is a moot issue.

Ok, so now I am confused. When I click on the link on the Shopper's site it says the test is $200 not $40. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I need to make some calls. Of course I am hoping against hope that the borders open for all fully vaccinated travellers soon and all of this is a moot issue.

https://covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/testing
You want the one on the left in this screen shot for the US, NOT the bottom ones (not in the screen shot) labelled travel. The US will accept the cheaper faster antigen tests, it doesn’t have to be the PCR test like most other countries want.

EF5EE023-E01A-4F74-A4F3-72C6E4714E2D.jpeg

I paid $200 for it not $40.

So you didn't do the antigen test then? You did a PCR test? I heard that the US will accept the antigen test. Ugh, now I don't know what I should do.
I believe it was the PCR test the poster did. It states that in the order confirmation they were kind of enough to post. This is what Shoppers Drug Mart has on their website about the antigen testing. Sorry if someone has already shared this info
COVID-19 Antigen Screening (shoppersdrugmart.ca)

Last edited:
For some weird reason it's only offered in ON and AB. WHY????? Ugh :(
I believe that was because of the pilot project from last fall when travelling was first opening back up. Air line travel was always " not reccommended " but it was never banned. It was a way to hopefully contain some of the spread that would happen from travelling.

I don’t know if this is helpful, I know I’m confused reading this lol, but here is a list of the tests that are approved for entry into the US, this is from the CDC website.

Can you tell me how much the cab charged? 20 min wait, all I can see is the meter spinning lol! Also which Walgreens you went to! Thanks
Sure! With the drive there and back plus the wait time, it was a whopping…$27.60.

I paid him double. It was worth every penny!

We were at Saratoga for the days around the test, so I booked at 12100 S Apopka Vineland. There might be other locations closer to other resorts, but this was closest to SSR and we knew for sure they had the Rapid ID Now (you can filter by test type on their site).

Sure! With the drive there and back plus the wait time, it was a whopping…$27.60.

We were at Saratoga for the days around the test, so I booked at 12100 S Apopka Vineland. There might be other locations closer to other resorts, but this was closest to SSR and we knew for sure they had the Rapid ID Now (you can filter by test type on their site).
I would have paid double too.

Wow! I was expecting it to be much more. Was this a rate you negotiated with him or was the meter running? We are staying at CBR and I went on the Walgreens web site and put in postal code for CBR and that’s the one that came up as closest too.

Wow! I was expecting it to be much more. Was this a rate you negotiated with him or was the meter running? We are staying at CBR and I went on the Walgreens web site and put in postal code for CBR and that’s the one that came up as closest too.
With the meter running. I think the standard rate is $0.80/minute for waiting time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter