Air Transat

samsteele

DIS Veteran
My WDW vacation is booked for early September and I'm looking at flights from Pearson to Orlando return. Air Transat has a direct flight down from yyz to mco that's an hour or so earlier than AC Rouge and a bit cheaper. TBH the earlier flight time is the big draw. I'm probably going to fly Rouge back to Pearson because much better return flight time for me. I haven't flown Air Transat for years. Any experiences pro or con? I'm most concerned that its generally on time like Rouge and hope doesn't have as many outright cancellations like Swoop has had recently. Online reviews are generally good. I know its a charter, flies out of Terminal 3 at Pearson and think out of the new terminal at Orlando. It's bare budget and minimal service but so is Rouge. If its safe, dependable and on time then that's good enough for a 2 hour flight. Thanks in advance for any replies. ps what's up with outrageous WestJet flights out of yyz? Is it a scheduling thing or are they just really proud of their airline? I'd love to support a Western based airline but those prices are something else.

Air Transat is Terminal A, not the new Terminal. Rouge (Air Canada) has a large fleet to fall back on if delays/cancellations happen.

We just booked our Feb trip with Air Transat...couldn't beat the price plus one of the few direct flights from our airport.

Our biggest concern is if there is a cancellation, they have few aircraft to fill in gaps

The flight service itself is fine. But if there is a schedule change the customer service is lacking. This past February we were suppose to fly back at 9:30pm but a few months prior they notified us that the flight had been changed to 10am the same day. There was no option to cancel for refund or change to another day without fees.

Air Transat is pretty solid. They are no better, no worse than Air Canada or Westjet. You mention 'on time'..... that does not seem to be a thing these days. I've lost track of how many AC flights I've been on in the last year and a half but only one was on time.... well, close to on time. My youngest DD was flying back and forth to MCO for work between October and March and every single flight was delayed.... and by a lot, an hour or more. She mainly left YYZ on the first flight of the day and that aircraft overnighted in YYZ. It was still late departing every time. Westjet has been the same. My oldest DD travels with them every few weeks for work and always delayed.

WestJet just released a modest discount for flights to MCO and I booked it instead of Air Transat as better flight time for me. Thanks to all for your replies. Good to know Air Transat is generally still a solid choice for future flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter