Air quality

Mikedaman

Earning My Ears
we will be at Disney a week from today. They say the air isn’t that bad and with fires contained over 91% outside of LA I’m not worried. My concern is we have a flight to LAX and plan on renting a car. Should I assume with the fire and weather it’s best to just not play around LA?

we will be at Disney a week from today. They say the air isn’t that bad and with fires contained over 91% outside of LA I’m not worried. My concern is we have a flight to LAX and plan on renting a car. Should I assume with the fire and weather it’s best to just not play around LA?

I live in LA (near Hollywood) and it’s fine now. Went on a long walk today with one of my pups and it felt back to normal!

Where are you planning to go? I live near LAX and our air quality is currently fine. We had smoke high up in the air last weekend but since Tuesday it's been full blue skies. What people are mainly seeing on the news with extremely poor air quality in California is up in the Bay Area.

Thought about grabbing breakfast at Bruxie or heading to universal for Voodoo and Starbucks at city walk

Thought about grabbing breakfast at Bruxie...
There is a Bruxie in Orange, not far from DLR, if you decide to head straight to the parks. Starbucks can be found just about everywhere, including DTD and in DL (Market House on Main Street) and DCA (Fiddler, Fifer, & the Practical on Buena Vista Street).

Air quality really isn't terrible. It's much worse in northern California. I live near the origin of the Woolsey fire and it's been good-moderate quality. By next week, it should be consistently good even in the area I live in. Anaheim is far enough away that it won't be a big deal. I was at LAX last week at the peak of the fires and didn't notice any poor air quality.

As a sidenote, getting to Universal Studios from LAX could be a nightmare depending on traffic. If you're thinking of going there for breakfast, you'll spend at least an hour in a car. I wouldn't do it unless you're going to Universal Studios for the day. It costs quite a bit of money to park at Citywalk. You could try to park at the subway station, but there's never any parking there. Just grab Starbucks at LAX. Depending on the terminal, there's several other options as well.

Thanks for the tips guys. I looks like the air quality is still in the 70’s so maybe lower by next week.

We were able to change our flight free of charge so we’re landing at SNA now so that’s a much better option for us. I think there is a Bruxie bit too far from there. Is that a good breakfast spot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter