Air Miles and Canadian Ticket Offer - What would you do?

canadiandisneymommy

Mouseketeer
For those of you who collect Air Miles, do you think it would be worth it for me to purchase an additional 400 miles with cash ($120 + HST or $0.30 per mile) to be able to redeem for a 5-day MYW child ticket for WDW (2850 air miles) to get the 25% Canadian discount before May 20th?

For those of you who collect Air Miles, do you think it would be worth it for me to purchase an additional 400 miles with cash ($120 + HST or $0.30 per mile) to be able to redeem for a 5-day MYW child ticket for WDW (2850 air miles) to get the 25% Canadian discount before May 20th?
I'm going to ask you a few questions and we can go from there:
Where do you live --- offers vary widely from one part of the country to another
What is your family make-up? how many adults, kids, diapers worn? make-up used?

Have you ventured into the Airmiles Alert thread? We're a fairly active group and love to help each other find deals. I find reading what others have purchased helps me search out deals.

Do you do any on-line shopping? If so, don't forget to sling-shot thru Airmilesshop.ca

I think you can earn those 400 miles before the end of the discount if you make an effort. We'd love to help you out!

Totally agree with Duck ! I think you could make it before the end of the promo if you shopped really carefully. But that will depend on your shopping habits.

I'm going to ask you a few questions and we can go from there:
Where do you live --- offers vary widely from one part of the country to another
What is your family make-up? how many adults, kids, diapers worn? make-up used?

Have you ventured into the Airmiles Alert thread? We're a fairly active group and love to help each other find deals. I find reading what others have purchased helps me search out deals.

Do you do any on-line shopping? If so, don't forget to sling-shot thru Airmilesshop.ca

I think you can earn those 400 miles before the end of the discount if you make an effort. We'd love to help you out!

Totally agree with Duck ! I think you could make it before the end of the promo if you shopped really carefully. But that will depend on your shopping habits.

Thank you! I just joined the AM thread. We are a family of 4 but I'm the only girl so not many make up purchases. My two sons are 6 and 5 so don't need baby stuff. I don't shop online much but we do buy lots of groceries and have utilized Rexall bonus events . I live in London Ontario.

Thank you! I just joined the AM thread. We are a family of 4 but I'm the only girl so not many make up purchases. My two sons are 6 and 5 so don't need baby stuff. I don't shop online much but we do buy lots of groceries and have utilized Rexall bonus events . I live in London Ontario.

You can probably get that amount quite easily in a month by shopping at Rexall. Sign up for the load n go and you will get double miles for the Monday-Thursday amounts. Compound that with in store bonuses and it doesn't take long to get 400 points.

Sobeys has some buy Sears gift cards get air miles too, if you shop at Sears at all.

You can also compound by purchasing Sobey's gift cards at Shell and get 7x the air miles (only spend $100 at a time) and then use those gift cards to purchase groceries. That would add up very quickly too.

I'm currently lounging in my bed in a hotel in the South end of London! Hubby is working in Sarnia and the commute from here is better than from home and I get to "do stuff"

There are a lot of things that fall under the blanket of "make up" when Rexall has their bonus events --- at times it even includes sunscreen.

I wouldn't recommend the Sears GC offer for you since they are not accepted on-line and it looks like all of your stores have closed (BOO-HISS)

With a young family you should have no problem getting those AM, we can help you !

Shell still has the 7x offer. Check what kind of gift cards you can use and get that for 7x the AM. It's 10 AM for $100 and you will get 70 AM for $100 GC.
Have fun AM hunting!

Do you have a Foodland near you? Pickles and relish, pickled peppers are on this week buy 2 get 75AM. The green relish is $1.99 so for $4 you've got 75AM. Pick that up 3 times it's 225AM you're half way there!

Shell still has the 7x offer. Check what kind of gift cards you can use and get that for 7x the AM. It's 10 AM for $100 and you will get 70 AM for $100 GC.
Have fun AM hunting!
Do you have a Foodland near you? Pickles and relish, pickled peppers are on this week buy 2 get 75AM. The green relish is $1.99 so for $4 you've got 75AM. Pick that up 3 times it's 225AM you're half way there!
Doing those two things could earn you the 400 AM in a weekend. The gift cards alone would be a much better way to spend the money then buying the miles. Buy cards to pay for gas or groceries or anything that over time you will use.

Last edited:
As younhave read from the experts..dont buy the points when you can earn.get them with little work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter