Air Fryer

I just took a look at these on Amazon. There's no holes in the bottom of the silicone fryer baskets. They will still circulate air okay?

I was given an Instant Pot and air-fryer lid last week. I tried out the Instant Pot for the first time and the stew meat was so juicy tender. 🥰 I'm ready to try the air-fryer lid, but I know I won't use it much if it's really hard to clean afterward or doesn't fry well. :headache:
These are the kind i have or close to it. the holes are best for air circulation. I have square and round
and extremely easy to clean. Even my kids wash and dry it very fast.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Silicone-Air-Fryer-Liners-Square-Lindas-Essentials/dp/B09SBF44TM

Oh perfect timing for this thread.. My son is moving into a student apartment and he only has a kitchenette with 2 hot plates and fridge... VERY VERY limited space.. no additional counter etc.. so if he buys any other type of kitchen equipement he is basically putting it on his drawer, bookshelf or desk. I was thinking if it is at all possible to somehow get a minipizza/toaster oven but then I was thinking if an airfryer would give him more.. We have neither...

so airfryer vs toasteroven? which one is less smelly, less room safer? can you put a pizza in an airfryer? or cut it up first and do pieces if it doesnt fit??

Oh perfect timing for this thread.. My son is moving into a student apartment and he only has a kitchenette with 2 hot plates and fridge... VERY VERY limited space.. no additional counter etc.. so if he buys any other type of kitchen equipement he is basically putting it on his drawer, bookshelf or desk. I was thinking if it is at all possible to somehow get a minipizza/toaster oven but then I was thinking if an airfryer would give him more.. We have neither...

so airfryer vs toasteroven? which one is less smelly, less room safer? can you put a pizza in an airfryer? or cut it up first and do pieces if it doesnt fit??
Pizza reheats very well in the air fryer. Yes, just cut it up to fit in there.

I've had a tiny kitchenette in my NYC apartments for the last 30+ years. I do not have an oven at all. And when my building switched off our gas lines, we had to switch to a double electric burner. All this time I've had a 6-slice convection toaster oven as my oven. The convection fan IS basically an air-fryer. It does all the crisping I need for pizzas & reheating (frozen) crunchy fried chicken, or fries, etc., and can toast bagels and toast. Most of all, I use it to broil hamburgers and chops and grill veggies drizzled with olive oil (with the convection fan turned off.)

Clean up for the toaster oven is a breeze. I place two sheets of aluminum foil on the sheet pan it comes with. Usually, I just have to discard the top sheet of foil after cooking and place the sheet pan back oven. I really don't bother washing it every time since the second sheet of foil is clean. I lay a new sheet of foil on the next time I use it. I do not own a dishwasher.

I was only gifted an air-fryer last week and haven't used it yet. But, I can tell you, if there are many parts to clean each time I use it, it won't be used much. The main reason I was gifted an almost new Instant Pot and totally new, unused air-fryer cover was because they take more care to clean and use and the previous owners didn't want to bother.

If your son is is also the type to not be diligent about taking the time to cleaning an appliance, or has been used to placing things in a dishwasher, the air-fryer may sit on the shelf unused and never cleaned from the last use.

Only you know what his tendencies will likely be. It's great having state-of-the-art, newfangled gadgets. But will they get USED?

I have a toaster oven that is also an air fryer/convection oven and I use it often. It's a Cuisinart and it's smaller than my microwave. It came with a pan, airfry basket, and oven rack for toasting and it has a pull out tray on the bottom to dump crumbs. It will definitely fit individual or french bread pizzas, but not a full size Digiorno pizza. I think the only safety issue is to make sure the vents aren't blocked while it's running. I also use foil and don't wash the pan often. I use oil spray on the fry basket to the food doesn't stick.

I've found air fryers to be a game-changer in my kitchen too. From quick snacks to full meals like salmon and tilapia, it's been a revelation. And yes, the avoidance of the oven during warmer months is a huge bonus. I've also found a wealth of recipes online to experiment with. One thing I've learned is that a liner with holes can make clean up a breeze. And a magnet sheet with air fryer times for various foods on the fridge is a handy reference. It's all about making cooking more efficient and enjoyable.

OP here. I returned the first air fryer I impulse bought because there was no temp control and purchased a different one. Just took it out of the box yesterday, so keep the ideas coming!

I love love love my air fryer!

I’m giving my first one to DD19 to take to college and upgrading to one that has trays instead of the round canister. I found a Ninja one that is thin and is made to stand up when not in use to save on counter space - I’m thinking about getting that (I don’t have tons of counter space).

I like cooking salmon, cod, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts and more in the air fryer and a sliding tray will be a lot better for these items - especially the fish.

Many recipes I use are from Pinterest and Allrecipes.

This is the one I’m thinking to buy…

IMG_1363.jpeg

I love love love my air fryer!

I’m giving my first one to DD19 to take to college and upgrading to one that has trays instead of the round canister. I found a Ninja one that is thin and is made to stand up when not in use to save on counter space - I’m thinking about getting that (I don’t have tons of counter space).

I like cooking salmon, cod, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts and more in the air fryer and a sliding tray will be a lot better for these items - especially the fish.

Many recipes I use are from Pinterest and Allrecipes.

This is the one I’m thinking to buy…

View attachment 783221

Does one have to empty out the crumbs every night before flipping the air fryer up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter