Air conditioner overnight YC?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I have a trip Oct 4 at the YC. I read they have no ceiling fans and motion sense AC. I sleep with a fan every night and also need a cool room. Is there some way to over ride a hot room? I physically suffer in a warm room so I am concerned. Im going to see if any company rents a fan- they rent everything else in Orlando it seems, so hopefully yes.

We stayed at Polynesian and we had no ceiling fan - we were freezing in our room.

Is there some way to over ride a hot room?

I haven't done it myself, but I think I've read here that you can call for maintenance, who can disconnect/override the motion sensor.

I wish I had read it before my last trip---I assumed I was doing something wrong in my attempts to set a cooler temp at night!

I was in the Contemporary and we had the ability to control thermostats. My room was freezing most of the time. The other thing was that when it was running, it was pretty loud (not like my home AC) and kind of simulated a fan noise.

I have a trip Oct 4 at the YC. I read they have no ceiling fans and motion sense AC. I sleep with a fan every night and also need a cool room. Is there some way to over ride a hot room? I physically suffer in a warm room so I am concerned. Im going to see if any company rents a fan- they rent everything else in Orlando it seems, so hopefully yes.
The AC tends to be very cold in the deluxe resort rooms, the Yacht Club included. If you find that you can't get the room cold enough then call maintenance and they will fix it for you. :)

I stayed in the YC last Dec. My room was nice and "frosty" overnight. I had no issues with the AC overnight.

There are small battery operated fans that I have brought on the cruise before. I like a room cold enough to see your breath and lots of air on my face. It is small but works well. I generally find that the rooms are never cold enough.

Unless the specific AC unit is broken and all other rooms are booked, you will never ever suffer from heat in a Disney resort room. You run the risk of hypothermia if anything else.
There are reports I have read specifically at Animal Kingdom lodge of the AC working as the original poster was asking about, they are motion sensored and shut down if no one is in the room.

We've been in a motion activated room before and it did get rather toasty at night. We called maintenance and they came up and over-rode it for us but it only worked for one day and then they had to do it all over again.

I’m so sad they’re taking out ceiling fans. I don’t like a freezing room and liked the air circulation from fan while keeping thermostat at 68-70.

We've been in a motion activated room before and it did get rather toasty at night. We called maintenance and they came up and over-rode it for us but it only worked for one day and then they had to do it all over again.
Why do they think people want to roast at night? So stupid in 90 heat that AC will go off at night.

We just recently stayed at CSR and woke up to our AC being off. We weren't able to make any changes to it when we woke up. It was very warm in our room. We were only there for the weekend so didn't contact maintenance, but if we stayed longer I would've said something. We like it to be really cold when we sleep.

Therr was no lack of night AC in our BC or CR rooms...too cold was more of a concern than it ever being too hot!

We have stayed in resorts that supposedly have the motion activated sensors, but have never had an issue with it getting too hot overnight. I need a fairly cold room as well and if anything I've had to turn the AC down sometimes because it gets too cold.

We have stayed in the YC rooms twice since the renovations last year. The rooms actually seem cooler since the reno. I also don’t mind them taking out the fan. I haven’t used them in several years. Every time I wanted to use one, I’d take a look at it first. Always pretty dusty/dirty looking. No thanks. Don’t need all that blowing around on me & my stuff. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter