Air-conditioned break at Epcot?

wdwplanner13

Earning My Ears
Where is a good place to cool off at Epcot? Is it worth getting an adr for a ts meal just to have a snack and drink and somewhere cool and a seat guaranteed? I'm going over Easter break and starting to get a bit nervous about crowds and getting hot.

I think it’s worth getting a TS meal in WS because there are so many great options, and it’s a nice (and cool) break. We usually do 3-4 TS meals each trip in WS.

We had the opposite “problem” one January,trying to find places to warm up. Most world Showcase pavilions have places. China has the museum like area where you wait for the film. American pavilion has the big area where Voices of liberty sing. Japan has an exhibition area, morroco was mentioned above. Back garden in UK is ok if the bands aren’t playing. And the pathway from Uk to international gateway used to have seats and shade.
Innoventions is good.

If you just want quiet place to sit, try Secret bathroom beside Imagination. It’s shady and quiet back there.

Go to Morocco and slip into their little museum. Has benches, quiet, and great A/C. its those Red door on the left as you face the fountain

Absolutely! The most peaceful place in the World. The courtyard next door is nice too but open to the outside.

Most of the countries have indoor exhibits that have some benches
Mexico Pavilion - if you have children, they can play Agent P, the game is all inside.
American Pavilion - catch the Voices of Liberty, inside the rotunda. There are benches so you can cool off & sit while listening to them perform (this is a must for us every trip, they are so talented!)
Morocco - as PP listed, there is the museum/exhibit
China - in the back of the pavilion, there is an exhibit (last summer it was of Shanghai Disney) with benches

Club Cool. You can enjoy a refreshing Beverly drink there, too. :) Actually once you find Club Cool, walk out the back and there is a nice A/C area inside the next building. I am not sure what it is for, it seems to be a conference center which isn't terribly crowded. Many people just use it as a walk through, but there are chairs and such to sit down.

Go to Morocco and slip into their little museum. Has benches, quiet, and great A/C. its those Red door on the left as you face the fountain

I love the fountain area. A lot of times it seems empty or mostly empty.

Your resort. :P That’s what we did when we went in May with 90 degree heat, no shade, and large crowds after 3 hours we took a break.
That being said, all of the suggestions are excellent. Escape the concrete jungle of future world and go into the country pavilions.
TS meal is also an excellent idea. If going for quick service sunshine seasons even on very busy days almost always has seating.

Where is a good place to cool off at Epcot? Is it worth getting an adr for a ts meal just to have a snack and drink and somewhere cool and a seat guaranteed? I'm going over Easter break and starting to get a bit nervous about crowds and getting hot.

Also, as your exiting Club Cool, to your right is an entrance way that leads to where there are a few tables and seats. There is also a bathroom in there. At this time of year nothing is happening here, but during F&W some may remember the light lab was held here.

light_lab_epcot_food_wine_festival_2017.jpg

Also, as your exiting Club Cool, to your right is an entrance way that leads to where there are a few tables and seats. There is also a bathroom in there. At this time of year nothing is happening here, but during F&W some may remember the light lab was held here.

We call this our air conditioned short cut. Not technically a short cut but we always pass this way for the moment of AC and bathrooms.

Go into any building at WDW at they will blast Artic air at you. Whether it is a queue for a ride or a restaurant. My wife always carries a sweater for indoor air conditioning.

Ride the boat ride in Mexico. Usually no wait (at least the times I've gone). One trip I went and I was sooo hot, I went on it, sat by myself and just relaxed, cooled down, and then wandered the pavilion. :)

We hung out here with my 3 yr old niece while our group did rider switch on Soarin. We were going to take her to Innoventions but we all needed a quiet break.

My fave resting spot is American Adventure. Cool and dark and such a long show. One very long day during Christmas week, we sat through 2 showings of it so my father could get an extra long nap.

The inside of this building had a horrible bathroom smell for years,about two years ago they did something where it stopped smelling as bad,but to this day every time I go in there I still smell it,just like Jerry Seinfelds car after the valet with the bad BO,he did everything to clean it up but the smell is still there.Maybe its just a mental thing that my mind tells me I'm smelling bathroom when I walk in and nobody else smells it since its more subtle than it used to be,my question is does anybody else smell it or at least smelled it a few years ago cause it used to be very bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter