air condition in pop century

joeyTmedia

Earning My Ears
on multiple nights fell asleep in a nice cool room to wake up sweating in a room w/o ac going ! hop up to check thermostat, and it kicks back on did i miss the memo?

on multiple nights fell asleep in a nice cool room to wake up sweating in a room w/o ac going ! hop up to check thermostat, and it kicks back on did i miss the memo?
I will say I found the same thing last week. I have heard of guests bringing a balloon and tying it in a way that it bounces around to keep the AC on. Seems like a pain but I wish I knew a better solution. Hoping you hear some better suggestions here. Will be following.

There used to be a code on here that you could use on the thermostat to keep the AC going........would that still work? Does anyone still have the info?

There used to be a code on here that you could use on the thermostat to keep the AC going........would that still work? Does anyone still have the info?
I'm not sure you could enter a code. From memory last week the only buttons on the thermostat that I remember were up and down arrows.

It wasn't to keep it going, it was to allow you to lower the temp more than the preset allowed.
The AC on off is on a motion detector. It shuts off if there's no movement in the room to save electricity. The balloon method is probably the best work around. Not sure where the sensor is actually mounted.

Unfortunately, this has been a thing at WDW for awhile and at all the resorts. I also think if the room is not totally dark this also prevents it from shutting off. The reason I say this is because, ever since my DW purchased her sound machine that has a very soft light on it, I noticed that the AC has always kept working through the night in our rooms.

Add on: It wasn't a code it was like you had to hold 2 buttons down for so many seconds and it would bypass the minimum temp and allow you to lower it more. I actually have it saved on a WDW document that I use to keep tips on and use to take with us on trips. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, this has been a thing at WDW for awhile and at all the resorts. I also think if the room is not totally dark this also prevents it from shutting off. The reason I say this is because, ever since my DW purchased her sound machine that has a very soft light on it, I noticed that the AC has always kept working through the night in our rooms.

Add on: It wasn't a code it was like you had to hold 2 buttons down for so many seconds and it would bypass the minimum temp and allow you to lower it more. I actually have it saved on a WDW document that I use to keep tips on and use to take with us on trips. :rotfl:
This^ Sadly last trip in July at AllStar Sports ... it no longer worked for me. My thought was with room renovations maybe new thermostats with this hack disabled were put in.

But thank you for the light idea. With the new coffee bar right there - with plugs - it be easy to bring something that would trigger the movement and A/C. :thumbsup2

Would an alarm clock that has a light up display work, do you think?

We normally like a very dark room to sleep but if a bit of light would keep the ac on I’d be willing to go with that!!

It will be almost a year before we return so I’m looking forward to hearing what works for people.

Would an alarm clock that has a light up display work, do you think?
Not really sure, definitely worth a try.
I am not even positive this works, but I was just thinking, the other day, what was different when we stay, that others may not do so that we do not have an issue with the AC? And that is really the only thing I can think of. Luckily none of our family needs a totally dark room, heck there are a lot of times we fall asleep with the TV on the resort or park channel that just has the background music. LOL
We always played soft music and had night lights for our DDs when they were infants and toddlers and I believe that has really helped us when traveling to where we do not have to have our hotel room totally quiet or dark when they fall asleep. I could not imagine when our DDs were younger and went to sleep that DW and I would have to keep the room quiet and dark.:faint:

The balloon trick is you tie the balloon to a chair by the ac unit so when it kicks on the balloon moves, thus the ac thinks you're up and moving. The drawback is that you have to buy a $20 balloon and it may or may not work. We stayed at POFQ last month and the AC never shut off. Maybe it's the ceiling fan that looks like motion but we were frozen. I saw this video below recently and all I could think of was who the heck needs it lower than 65 degrees? I know with the old units you could also put a tissue with a paper clip or some other way to attach it by the infrared reader and that would keep them on too. I don't know if you could still finagle that with the new unit too.

Its how Disney is trying to steal from you from what you already paid for, A/C. I feel no remorse now for this company when all the teens in our party will all now magicly turned back to the age of 17 with our next trip.

It's really not so much stealing from guests as it is about being cost conscious/environmentally sound. It's not just disney that does this, I've been to Marriotts, Hamptons, Hiltons that have this too. If people like to sleep really cold, then yes it can be an issue but we've always been comfortable, even during summer visits.

It's really not so much stealing from guests as it is about being cost conscious/environmentally sound. It's not just disney that does this, I've been to Marriotts, Hamptons, Hiltons that have this too. If people like to sleep really cold, then yes it can be an issue but we've always been comfortable, even during summer visits.
Righhhhhhtttt. Like with the straws!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Disney doesn't even hand out those garbage straws anymore. I usually bring a few if I have a backpack with me.

I used this video last month and followed his instructions at BWI. Worked like a charm and kept it at 65 degrees during our entire stay with no fluctuation.

I like a cool room to sleep in too. Normally, I call housekeeping as soon as I get to the room and ask for a box fan. It helps tremendously, especially if the room doesn't have a ceiling fan.

I like a cool room to sleep in too. Normally, I call housekeeping as soon as I get to the room and ask for a box fan. It helps tremendously, especially if the room doesn't have a ceiling fan.
I'm driving down for my next trip. I may bring my own down. I've heard that not only does it help with the A/C issue, but it can help drown out some noise from neighbors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter