Air Canada changed our flights AGAIN

jenbear123

Disney Fanatic
Now our flight leaves YYZ at 6am. I've heard mornings are the worst at this airport. We can cancel for a full refund and book with Air Transat and save over $200. Only caveat is Air Transat leaves at 5:30pm so we'd essentially lose an entire day. Or we can change to another flight that leaves at noon with AC for no extra cost. Should we keep the morning flight with AC? How bad is the airport in the mornings? Which is worse, T1 or T3? We leave on a Saturday too
😕

you're going to want to be at the front of the line for customs.I'd take the noon flight;you would probably have to wait for your room anyway.

You would have to be at the airport for around 3:30 or 4 am for the 6am flight. You will be too tired to do anything anyways. The noon flight you wouldn’t really get to the parks until the evening.

To me it would depend on how many days your trip is

You would have to be at the airport for around 3:30 or 4 am for the 6am flight. You will be too tired to do anything anyways. The noon flight you wouldn’t really get to the parks until the evening.

To me it would depend on how many days your trip is
We are there for 6 nights. Wasn't planning on going to a park on arrival day. It's only 2 of us (no kids).

The other thing that annoys me is the noon flight is operated by Rouge (Air Canada's budget carrier). Versus the morning flight is their regular livery on a 737-800. Maybe I'm being too picky with what type of plane we're on, but having paid a premium to book with Air Canada, I would hope for a nicer in-flight experience at least. Rouge doesn't even have IFE (seatback screens). Or we save the $200 and book Air Transat, avoid the morning chaos at the airport but not get to our hotel until 10pm. It's a toss up!

I would do either noon, or the 6am one (nap on the plane and make your first night an early one). Our experience with yyz over the past few months has been fine. Just busy like any large airport. They have had some bad days (so have airports in other countries) and the media likes to make it sound worse than it is!

I'd want to go and get there as early as possible. I rarely sleep the night before we fly any way :D Then have a relaxing day at the hotel, or Disney Springs.

Now our flight leaves YYZ at 6am. I've heard mornings are the worst at this airport. We can cancel for a full refund and book with Air Transat and save over $200. Only caveat is Air Transat leaves at 5:30pm so we'd essentially lose an entire day. Or we can change to another flight that leaves at noon with AC for no extra cost. Should we keep the morning flight with AC? How bad is the airport in the mornings? Which is worse, T1 or T3? We leave on a Saturday too
😕

I would stick with the early flight, mainly because a 6 am flight is less likely to get cancelled. But,should it get cancelled.. there are other options later in the day to choose from. If a later flight gets cancelled you could get pushed to the next day.

Another consideration for Air Transat.. do they have daily flights? A cancelled flight with them could mean a day or more delay if they aren’t flying daily.

Last edited:
I just received an email for this exact change. We opted for the noon flight. We have done those early morning flights and customs/security is a pain—even with our Nexus cards. I don’t care that it’s Rouge. I go into all air travel knowing it will be miserable.

Last edited:
I just got a call about our return flights on Delta...our MCO-MSP flight now arrives at 9:00am and our MSP-YVR flight leaves at 8:55am!

So yeah, I feel your pain!

2 ways to think..early flight..get to destination..relax and walk around..room may not be ready...take the noon and room should be ready..drop.bags and explore...now the late flight for 200 i would not that is a full lost day..for me not worth it

I would do the 6am, since you weren't doing the parks anyways you can fully relax at the hotel and rest up instead of having to fly in the middle of the day and have that rest cut short.

We are there for 6 nights. Wasn't planning on going to a park on arrival day. It's only 2 of us (no kids).

The other thing that annoys me is the noon flight is operated by Rouge (Air Canada's budget carrier). Versus the morning flight is their regular livery on a 737-800. Maybe I'm being too picky with what type of plane we're on, but having paid a premium to book with Air Canada, I would hope for a nicer in-flight experience at least. Rouge doesn't even have IFE (seatback screens). Or we save the $200 and book Air Transat, avoid the morning chaos at the airport but not get to our hotel until 10pm. It's a toss up!
I'd keep the 6am. Then if something happens, they could perhaps reroute you on the 12:00.... I would avoid rouge at all costs! I hate rouge :) fingers crossed for smooth travels

I feel your pain. Air Canada cancelled my flights to and from Calgary to Los Angeles in November yesterday.

After two hours on hold last night, I ended up being rebooked at much worse times on tiny Jazz flights instead of 737’s and, oh, I’m no longer sitting next to my daughter - despite having booked in business class.

I can handle the first two, but was annoyed that the csr didn’t appreciate the irony in telling me that I can’t sit next to my kid because they’re not going to move other people from the seats they’ve already booked…

I feel your pain. Air Canada cancelled my flights to and from Calgary to Los Angeles in November yesterday.

After two hours on hold last night, I ended up being rebooked at much worse times on tiny Jazz flights instead of 737’s and, oh, I’m no longer sitting next to my daughter - despite having booked in business class.

I can handle the first two, but was annoyed that the csr didn’t appreciate the irony in telling me that I can’t sit next to my kid because they’re not going to move other people from the seats they’ve already booked…
How old is your daughter? I think if they are 12 or under they have to guarantee you can sit beside them. If she's over 12, hopefully they can move someone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter