Air beds/ air mattresses

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi:

Does anyone take along one of these air type beds that inflate to take the place of a rollaway, as some resorts do not have rollaways. If they do, how do you inflate them, do you have to take along a pump as well, or are pumps built into these air beds. Thanks,

Deb.

I have one that I bring with me at times. It came with a pump but it isn't connected to it. We inflate it on the first night & leave it till we are ready to check out.. We just stand it up against a wall during the day. Mine is a full size & it came with its own sheets & pillow cases (which we bring too as well as pillows). :)

Hi: Does it fit in a moderate wdw room? When you say full size you mean a double bed size. Wow it came with sheets too. Thanks,

Deb.

Depends on the brand of airmattress. Some need an additoional pump which needs to be purchased, some come with a pump in the box which you plug in and attach, and some come with a built in foot pump. The foot pump kind takes about four minutes and you just keep stepping on the valve to inflate the mattress. Most Queen sized run about $28.00 full and twin a little cheaper. Read the box carefully to see what is included as some mattresses are 19.00, but require the purchase of a 19.00 pump. If you have time shop the fishing and hunting depts. in places like WalMart and K-Mart. If you are short on time go to a sporting goods store (Camping Dept.) where they will carry many brands and styles. Good Luck!

I don't know about you guys, but those air mattreses are back breakers! All those curvy ups and downs make me feel I am sleeping on lumps of who knows what. I don't rest well and wake up in pain.

I prefer to lay out some blankets or even a sleeping bag, and off I go into the arms of Morpheus, the lord of dreams

Wanda

We have an aerobed. It's Queen size and it is great. Pump comes with it. A charger comes with it also so you can charge the pump up. I carried it with me to my sister's during christmas vacation. It was great. I do have a slight back problem but I slept on it with no trouble. I checked it on the plane with my baggage. The only problem I had was it was the last piece of luggage off the plane when we returned home. By the way I paid $99 for it at BJ's. I use it for camping also.

We used one at PO last March. We cut the bottom out of a beverage bottle, put the spout into the mattress air hole, stuck the business end of a hair dryer into the cut out bottle bottom and inflated the bed in a minute or two.

Bill From PA

HI..when I said full, yes it is considered a double and it did come with the pump, sheets & pillowcases. I got it at K-Mart for around $40. It came in a see-thru zipper carry case bag. It is comfortable, in fact, my kids fight over who is sleeping on it...they all want it. They even use it in their rooms for sleepover guests. I used it at the All Stars...so if it fit there....it should fit in any other Disney room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter