Ahoy, Mickey! It's Just Me! | First Solo Trip March '16 | What Now?? Update 11/26

MouseketeerKelsey

Mouseketeer
Hello guys!

I'm Kelsey! I am 19, I'll be 20 the time of this trip and it will be my...wait for it....FIRST SOLO TRIP EVER AT WDW!

I once did one day solo at Disneyland, but this is totally different.

This trip is part of a big vacation. Before this I will be going on a cruise, it is actually a Paramore cruise called Parahoy! I have wanted to go on it for years and this year I am! That band changed my life and I have made a lot of friends through it, so it should be amazing!

After, there are a bunch of people that are going to Disney World since they will be in Florida from out of town.

This is where it gets complicated.

I am booked to stay at the Wilderness Campground. There are 10 of us sharing the site.

I don't really want stay there. It is only costing me about $10 a night and to me it is worth that for EMH and early FP+ and ADRs, so I am also looking for a hotel.

I'm going to be.......

staying off property. (Or am I??? Keep reading updates ;) )

:scared1:

I know, it is shocking. I just feel like saving money on the room and since I already will have the onsite perks, I think this is the way to go.

What I will save on the hotel will allow me to do some other fun things that I care about WAY more than where I am staying! :jumping3:

I wanted to get this started, but I think I am going to stop here for now! I am going to use the rest of this post for chapter links!

I'm so excited to plan this trip! It is almost time for me to start making ADR's!!

193 days!!!!
:jumping1:
:dancer:
:tigger:

Also :welcome: to my PTR!

Last edited:
Introductions!

I wanted to take this chance to introduce myself! My name is Kelsey. I am 19 years old. I live in Sarasota, Florida and I am an annual passholder. I am a YouTuber and Singer. It seems like a weird job to those who aren't familiar with it, but it is honestly my dream. I have an eBay store as well which I find lots of fun.

I'm a Disney Addict. My parents have had Disney in our house since before I was born. Most of their Disney love was for the movies, not the parks. They loved the parks. They had been many times, but they didn't love it in a way that I do.

I have health problems which you can read about more in my other PTR which I will link here and here if you are interested. I have to go to Disney in a wheelchair. I'm used to it at this point. I guess this trip will be just me and my scooter!

This is me!

Qc34l6wi.png

I love dark red lipstick. It is pretty much my thing.

I normally go to Disney with my mom, but this trip will be just me!

I haven't slept yet and I have to be up for a doctors appointment in 3 hours so I think I am going to rest until then. I'll be back with my first real update tonight!

Last edited:
This week was crazy! I am looking forward to my ADR day! 9/11/15. This is exciting because this is the first time I have planned a trip this far in advance and have had my shot at reservations that book up fast! I have been thinking about my dream ADRs for each day.

I thought I would start with a summary of the plans for each day.

3/9/16:

This is the first day of this leg of my vacation! The cruise that I am going on gets into the Port of Miami at about 8 am. I am not sure how long it takes to get off the ship but I am hoping to be at the car by 10 am. It takes about 3 and a half hours to drive to Disney from there. The goal will be to be there by about 2pm.

Here is the only possible issue. I am hoping to have my own car by then. Or to be able to ride with someone on the cruise that is also going to Disney. However, the other options will take longer, but they are something to consider now in case I need them.

Amtrak is an option, but because of the amount of time I have to allow myself to get off the ship, the only option is much later in the day and would take 7 hours to get to Disney, which would kill the whole day.

The best option seems to be The Florida Express Bus which has a route that leaves Miami at 10:30 am and gets to Orlando at 2:15 pm. It only takes about 15 minutes than driving and it only costs $25. Not bad if I don't have a car yet. I am hoping to have a car, but I will make it work if I don't.

Now, on to the fun details!! :dogdance:

I am assuming after a few days on a busy cruise and then a trip in the car, I may be a little worn out. I'm not planning a crazy park day. There are EMH at Magic Kingdom until 11:00 pm, so I may go to the park for a while.

I am considering two possible reservations for this day.

bucket-list-afternoon-tea.jpg

Something on my Disney Bucket List is to have tea at the Grand Floridian. I did this once when I was in 1st grade, but I don't remember much of it. I am hoping maybe I can grab a reservation for some time around 4pm. I am thinking that would most likely be a safe amount of time to leave myself to get there.

Here is my other idea:

0316ZV_1454RW.jpg

The Wishes Dessert Party! As someone who is in a wheelchair or scooter every time I go to Disney, I have never had a good view of the fireworks. I have dreamed about being able to take in the entire show for a long time. I think this would be an amazing way and also, who doesn't love dessert! This would let me relax at my hotel until later in the day and then still head to the park, see the fireworks, have some amazing dessert and ride a few of my favorite rides during the EMH. I am only on the fence because of the cost. At $49, I feel like I could also take myself to a really nice dinner somewhere, especially off property.

I am so conflicted. It is also one of my life goals to eat at a signature restaurant. Maybe this trip is the time that I save up, put aside the cost and treat myself. I just don't know which one to choose! Suggestions? There are so many things I need to figure out before my ADR day!

Day 2: 3/10/16:

This is my Epcot Day! There are EMH in the morning. (or at least there should be. At this point the calendar is only up through the 9th, but I am going by the other weeks) I would love to get in either Test Track or Soarin (whichever I don't have a FP for) or both in the hour before the park fully opens! I think then a quick ride on Mission Space and I will be mostly done with Future World.

I am hoping to get a reservation for around 9:30 am for a place I have never been to, but have always wanted to try...

348s.jpg

I love character breakfasts. I love princesses. I want to meet Belle in her yellow dress. It seems like a win/win.

Besides that I plan to spend my day wandering around World Showcase at my own pace and taking in all of the amazing details. I am so looking forward to this. Me and my scooter friend are going to be rolling though all of the countries :moped:

I most likely will just grab something to eat while I am walking around later.

Day 3: 3/11/15:

It's Hollywood Studios day! I love this park, even if they have closed most of it! :laughing: I love the Hollywood theme and it has one of my favorite rides, Star Tours! As far as ADRs I am considering 2 things.

1st would be dinner or lunch at a place that I love.

50s_prime_time_cafe_at_disneys_hollywood_studios-1.jpg

I had a great time at this place in December for my birthday. The only things is that I've been here before. I would love to try something different.

My other idea is to cut my day short at DHS which is fine since the park is small, and have dinner at one of the resorts. I am considering Trails End, or lots of other places. I guess I should decide soon!

Day 4: 3/12/16

Magic Kingdom Day! My favorite park! My main ADR goal is for this day. I really want an 8 am, prepark opening breakfast at The Crystal Palace! I have had lunch here a few times and I always love it. Plus Pooh and the Gang are some of my favorites! Plus, I would LOVE to walk down Main Street with so few people!

MagicKingdom1-102.jpg

This is the only day I am planning on 2 ADRs. The second is for lunch at a place that I love SO MUCH

be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

Be Our Guest!

I am planning on trying for a reservation between 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm so I can get done in time to catch the parade. I initially wanted to do dinner here, but I loved the sandwich I had at lunch so much that I really want to have it again. Plus, it is less expensive at lunch which is always a plus.

Day 5: 3/13/16

Downtown Disney Day!

Initially this was going to be my Animal Kingdom day since I still haven't been. However, it feels like something I should do with my mom since we always do the parks together, so I am going to hold off visiting on this trip. Also, I love Downtown Disney and there is never much time there. I am not sure where I want to eat yet. I love Raglan Road. I've eaten there twice and it has been wonderful both times but there is also the part of me that wants to try something new.

I am looking forward to this trip so much, especially in light of having to cancel my trip that was supposed to start tomorrow. It's late and I need some sleep! Goodnight :wave:

I was supposed to be at Disney today. I'm having a bit of a rough day because I am not there. As some of you will know, I planned this trip months ago and had to cancel it last minute because my health has been really bad again. It just makes me sad that I should be there right now. Oh well.

I think I may try to find and book my hotel tonight. It feels so weird to be staying off property. I hate the idea of leaving the Disney bubble at the end of the day but I keep telling myself that it is only for long enough to sleep and then I will be right back there! Also reminding myself that the savings from off property could result in my first signature dining and some awesome things to bring home!

I think I may looks for a hotel that has a shuttle. I figure this way if I get stuck without a car, I at least have a way to the parks. If not I will use my trusty Uber. I don't know. There are so many variables in this trip, it's crazy.

I'll try to pop back once I have more hotel information, I may even pick a few options
and ask for some help deciding!

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

It is ADR day and something MAGICAL happened!! Although I want to skip right to it, I think I'll go in order, as much as it pains me.

Day 1 - 3/9/16

This day tried so hard to mess me up. I had decided on the Wishes Dessert Party, it wasn't available. I wasn't online when the window opened because my health took a turn last night and I decided rest and healing was more important, still true, but I am bummed.

I ended up getting something else I wanted, so it is okay.

11987146_1050190384999381_6867357199907681930_n.jpg

Bucket list item! That is 1 bucket list item I will be checking off this list.

I am not sure if I am going to go to the parks this day. It depends how I feel after I get in from Miami. The tentative plan is to have tea and then head over to Magic Kingdom. That idea sounds like a dream come true.

I am planning on making night time FP+ for MK just in case, plus there are EMH there that night so I can get in some favorites!

Day 2 - 3/10/16

This day got turned on its head! I spent a lot of time thinking and decided that since there is so much QS food I love in World Showcase as well as morning EMH, I wasn't going to make any reservations for this day. Then I changed the plan for my DTD day and it looked like Raglan Road was going to be a no-go for this trip which made me sad. Now, I am a night owl and the idea of going out late doesn't bother me, so I found a solution!

11988237_1050190854999334_476619437023797876_n.jpg

Late night, post Epcot, Raglan Road dinner! I am excited! I love the food here and it just doesn't feel like a Disney vacation without it!

Day 3 - 3/11/16

This is it. This is the moment of all moments for this trip. I got a reservation for something that has been on my bucket list for a long time. Are you ready.........

11999039_1050190848332668_4651264480533531115_n.jpg

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I can not even believe I got this reservation. Plus, it was by accident! I wasn't even looking for it this trip. I was planning on eating at 50's. Then, I changed my mind last minute and decided since there were night EMH ad DHS that I could go have lunch anywhere so I just did a search for lunch. As I was scrolling, this came up! I booked it so fast I didn't even know what was happening. Is it pricey? Sure, but that's okay. I have never eaten at a signature restaurant and have always wanted to, plus, as a huge Disney Nerd, this is perfect for me. I could not be more excited.

I do plan on popping into the Tune In Lounge later in the night for a shake!

Day 4 - 3/12/16

What a wonderful day for a pre park opening breakfast! I have never had one of these before. It was the ADR I was hoping for the most and I got it! I could not be more excited! Plus I got the lunch I wanted!

12006218_1050190851666001_985830375232475810_n.jpg

I may see if I can make a later lunch reservation since I imagine I may still be full from breakfast. There is even a chance I may book the Wishes Dessert Party for this night since it wasn't available for the night I wanted, but I am not sure yet. If I catch Wishes on my first night I may ride Thunder Mountain during the fireworks which is something I LOVED when I was younger!

Day 5 - 3/13/16

Last day :( Plus there isn't much planned for this day since I don't know what time I will be leaving. I made a breakfast ADR. My plan is to catch the Welcome show at MK which I have never seen and then head to one of my favorite Character breakfasts at my favorite resort before heading to DTD if I have time or just straight home.

11949341_1050190844999335_4286649211883355302_n.jpg

But that is it for now! I will keep you guys updated if things change, which I am sure they will because I never make a plan and stick with it without changes.

Really happy that you have got your ADRs and that you are getting a fab solo trip. Word of caution though if you don't have a car you will have problems getting to your early ADR as most hotels don't do transport that early to the parks and from experience they drop off at Epcot

Really happy that you have got your ADRs and that you are getting a fab solo trip. Word of caution though if you don't have a car you will have problems getting to your early ADR as most hotels don't do transport that early to the parks and from experience they drop off at Epcot

Thanks! I have been thinking about that. I figure a taxi or uber will be my transport a lot on this trip. I also considered the night before my early MK reservation staying at the campground with my friends just for convenience. Still a lot to figure out, but glad that I don't have to stress about the ADRs anymore!

Oops...I made another ADR. Another bucket list item.

12011374_1051571731527913_8809012634798311562_n.jpg

:yay::cloud9::jumping1:

I am so excited!! From the time I started getting into Disney planning, I have always wanted to go here.

I am probably not going to get an entree but only because there are 2 apps that I want to try plus dessert! I am not the biggest steak person, so why compromise on what could be my only trip here for a while!

I am actually hoping that maybe there is a smaller cup of the soup, because I want to try it but I just don't think I could eat a whole thing.

Who knows, there is a lot of time still. Now I just need to figure out my hotel situation!

So much to do!

I'm so happy today. My AP expires tomorrow and I just renewed with a better pass! It is a fantastic feeling just knowing I have another year where I can go to my favorite place, I'm hoping maybe I can squeeze in a F&W visit. I was there last year but that day was a mess. I was traveling with family who totally didn't get Disney and it was a little stressful.

I am planning on renewing my moms AP and paying for it, I just have to wait until I get paid again. With the monthly payments it isn't a huge expense to take on and since I know she will renew since I did, but goes to Disney for me, I think it would be a nice surprise if I did it.

I have a few updates for this trip that I think I will do in a separate post this morning. Hope everyone is having a good week!

Quick, exciting life update!

As some of you know, money has been really tight for me. With my health the way it is, I can't just go out and get any job as much as I truly wish I could. About a month ago I had an interview for a web management position that is mostly from home. It would be perfect for me. The thing was, I didn't hear back for almost a month.

Well....today I heard back.

I GOT THE JOB!! And at $5 more per hour than I thought it paid! Plus I got a call to start doing freelance social media consulting again and that helps a ton! It takes a load off of my mind. This trip planning has been stressful because I still have to pay for a large part of the cruise plus all of the Disney part.

I can not tell you how relieved I am!

Plus I have started selling custom planner stickers on Etsy because I am really into planning and I am loving it! I have been designing a ton and my sticker cutting machine should get here this week and I can start selling hard copy! Plus, of course my first design was Disney related ;)

I am so, so happy. I can not wait to be working again and I am loving working for myself doing the stickers! It's the best feeling!

Plus, I had an appointment with a new doctor this week and it went well. I think she can really help me.

Sorry this update wasn't Disney related 100%, but I just really wanted to share my good news!

I finally made a choice about the hotel situation! (If you are at all confused I explain in the 1st post).

I thought that I would want to stay in a hotel by myself to have a little alone space after the craziness that will be this cruise. I still feel that way, but when it came down to figuring out transportation, it just didn't make sense.

However, I did still want at least one night to myself, so here is the plan!

tumblr_m96zy0XyHx1re5qajo1_500.png

After I get to Orlando from Miami I am going to check into a hotel. I think I have decided which one, but I haven't booked it yet. I am only going to stay one night. This is the day I am having tea at the Grand Floridian. I think I will most likely take an Uber from my hotel to the GF and enjoy a relaxing tea. From there my plan is to head over to Magic Kingdom for a few FP's and the nighttime EMH which I will have since I am paying to "stay" at the campground that night. I may call it an early night since I know I will be back a few days later.

Then I am going to take advantage of a nice night in my own hotel room to recharge after the cruise and before the trip gets really crazy.

Day 2:

It is going to be an early start to this day. At some time around 7 am, I am going to get a taxi to...

Disney's_Fort_Wilderness_Resort_and_Campground_sign.jpg

I am going to meet up with my friends, drop off my stuff and then head to the front desk area to pick up my ECV. I know it is a bit of a gamble trying to do a few hours at the park the night before without it, but it by far the easiest way to work out the hotel thing. If it is too much, I will just head to the hotel.

The Disney buses make for the easiest transportation while using the scooter and since I have to use the scooter, this is my best option. After I pick up the scooter I am going to head off to EMH at Epcot for more fun!

The rest of my plans are the same for now, just a lot easier to get to everything since I am staying on property the whole time.

I think I may do an update with my full day plans for each day along with the FPs I would love to get!

Daily Plans and FP Goals

I am getting so excited. I can't believe it is still more than 5 months away! Today I was doing some thinking about the specifics for each day, so I though I would share them!

Day 1:

I get in from Miami some time in the early afternoon. I am planning on being in before 2 pm. I am going to head to my hotel and check in and relax for a bit. After taking a little while to relax I am going to grab a taxi to

grand_floridian.jpg

The Grand Floridian!

This is the 1st bucket list item for this trip. I have a reservation that I am beyond excited for!!!

Grand-Floridian-Afternoon-Tea-.jpg

I think this is most magical way to start my first solo trip ever! I am going to take my time and have a relaxing tea. I will then most likely take in some of the beauty that is the lobby of the Grand Floridian before taking the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

I won't have my scooter this day, so I am going to make sure I take things really easy. The last thing I want to do is over-do it on my first day and be in too much pain to enjoy the rest of my trip.

I figure I will use my FP's and maybe sneak in a few rides with short waits before heading back to my hotel for the night.

Here are the FP+ I would love to get for my first night.

seven-dwarfs-600.jpg

What day at Magic Kingdom would be complete without a trip on 7DMT? I would love for this to be my first ride of the trip. I am going to try to get a FP for around 6pm so that I can make that happen before heading to my all time favorite ride...

big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

Thunder Mountain!! Depending on the wait time, I most likely will ride this a few times this night. It seems that as it gets later at night, the line can get really short making it almost a walk on. That is how my mom and I rode it 4 times in a row last trip. Is this the trip I hit 5 in a row?

My final FP goal is one I have never used, but I think would be the perfect end to my first day.

wishes-nighttime-spectacular-05.jpg

Wishes!! As I talked about in one of my earlier posts, I feel like I have never had a good view of the show because I am always in my wheelchair. Well, this night I won't be and I am planning on getting a FP so I am hoping I will finally be able to take in the entire experience!

At this point I will probably head back to my hotel. If I am feeling up to it I may squeeze in a few more rides, but I don't want to push myself too hard the first day.

Plus this is my only night with a room to myself so I might as well get some sleep which I am sure, after the cruise, will be much needed!

I think I am going to do each day in a new post because I am loving using a lot of pictures!

Next up, Epcot!

Day 2 - Epcot

This day will be starting bright and early. At 7 am I am planning on heading from my hotel over to my home for the rest of the trip...

fort-wilderness-001.jpg

Fort Wilderness Campground! I've never camped before. I am not really the camping type, but I think it will be fun. Also, I figure Disney is the best place to try it! My plan is to be here by 7:20 at the latest. I am going to drop my stuff at the campsite and then head to pick up my scooter.

Once I have my wheels I am hopping right on a bus to head to morning EMH at...

11.jpg

I plan on taking advantage of EMH to ride some of my Future World favorites! I love Test Track, Soarin and Mission Space. I figure I will fit in whatever I can before my first FP.

For me, FP at Epcot are always a little tricky. I hate having to choose between Test Track and Soarin and the only tier 2 I really want is Mission Space which hardly ever has a wait as it is. I typically pick up the Character Spot as well because who doesn't love any excuse to meet the Mouse.

My plan is to get a FP for 9 am, 10 am and 11 am so that I can get everything done in Future World and then head into World Showcase pretty much as soon as it opens.

For Fastpasses, this time I decided to go with

soarin2.jpg

I love Soarin but the ultimate deciding factor was something that I have never been able to take advantage of, Test Track has a single rider line! Perks of a solo trip! I figure this way I can do both! Next up?

MissionSpaceEpcot.JPG

Believe it or not, I had never been on Mission Space until my last trip. I thought it would be too intense for me but for some reason decided to go for it. Star Tours is one of my favorite rides and I figured it couldn't be too much worse. I went with the calmer side of the two. Well, I LOVED it. I went two more times that day. It quickly became one of my favorite rides! Now it is a priority at Epcot! From here I think I will most likely be heading to visit some friends.

EpcotCharacterSpotSign-225x300.jpg

As I have gotten older, I have grown to love any chance that I get to interact with my favorite characters. When I was younger I was terrified of them but now I think it is so fun! I never wait in really long lines in the parks to meet them but love when I can meet them with a FP or at character meals!

From here I will head into World Showcase and kill a bit of time before heading to something that I could not be more excited for. At 12:35 I have lunch at a place I have wanted to eat at for YEARS

Le-Cellier-Steakhouse-Epcot-Banner.jpg

Yes, it is happening. This will be my first time at a signature restaurant and for me, it is the perfect first choice. I truly have always wanted to try it and I am so excited. I have been looking over the menu and think I have a good idea of what I want to order, but one thing I do know is that I will be trying this!

2237.jpg

And most likely asking for some extra of these to eat it with!

bread-service-Le-Cellier-600x587.jpg

The rest of my plans for this day are just around the WS. I want to really take the time to explore each country and check out things I have never seen. Another plan is to get one of my favorite desserts/snacks in the World.

Inside-the-Croque-Glaces.jpg

I'll have mine with Chocolate Ice Cream and Caramel sauce, please!

I plan to watch Illuminations and then head over to the Beach Club so that I can take a bus to Downtown Disney for my late night dinner reservation at one of my favorite places...

images

Over the years, this has become a staple for Disney trips. I love the food and the atmosphere! I can even tell you what I will most likely be ordering!

I, for sure, will be starting with the Salmon Swoon.

DSC_0141.JPG

(can we take a minute to appreciate that when I did a google search for a picture of this, the first one I got was my picture from my review on my blog! Too funny!)

Depending on how hungry I am, I may or may not order an entree. If I do, I plan on getting Fish & Chips, something I haven't tried at Raglan Road.

Fish-and-Chips.jpg

And finally, something that isn't up for debate. I will be getting one of my favorite desserts. The bread pudding. The bread pudding at Raglan Road is one of the best things I have ever eaten and is enough to feed 6. I know, we have done it.

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

(once again, my pics came up!)

At this point I can only imagine how tired I am going to be. My dinner reservation is at 10:30 pm, so I can't imagine I'll be on a bus back to Ft. Wilderness before midnight. And, I have an early morning the next day!

I may try to do one more update tonight, but I am getting really tired. You may have to wait it out until tomorrow.

I hope there are people actually reading this, otherwise I just seem like a crazy person talking to myself! It's okay either way, but I hope some of you are reading and enjoying!

I hope there are people actually reading this, otherwise I just seem like a crazy person talking to myself! It's okay either way, but I hope some of you are reading and enjoying!
I'm reading! :yay:

I, too, had to postpone our trip to the World due to health problems. My kids were super disappointed (we were supposed to be there last week) because it was our first family trip (and I haven't been in 30 years!) and we were going to go to MNSSHP and it was going to be so much fun. Sigh. Fortunately, I have surgery scheduled next Tuesday that I have been told will cure all my ills. (Hysterectomy = no more debilitating cramps that send me to the ER on a Saturday night!) On the plus side, we're rescheduled for the first week in February (and Southwest didn't make us pay any change fees when we had to move around our reservations!) AND I decided to splurge on AKL!! (Giraffes. SO. MANY. GIRAFFES!!)

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to reschedule your trip and I look forward to reading along!

I'm reading! :yay:

I, too, had to postpone our trip to the World due to health problems. My kids were super disappointed (we were supposed to be there last week) because it was our first family trip (and I haven't been in 30 years!) and we were going to go to MNSSHP and it was going to be so much fun. Sigh. Fortunately, I have surgery scheduled next Tuesday that I have been told will cure all my ills. (Hysterectomy = no more debilitating cramps that send me to the ER on a Saturday night!) On the plus side, we're rescheduled for the first week in February (and Southwest didn't make us pay any change fees when we had to move around our reservations!) AND I decided to splurge on AKL!! (Giraffes. SO. MANY. GIRAFFES!!)

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to reschedule your trip and I look forward to reading along!

Wow, your story seems very similar to mine. I am so glad things worked out for you to be able to go another time and you SO deserve the upgrade to AKL!

I too am looking at a hysterectomy. No more fibroid tumors or endometriosis sending me to the ER! They have been hesitant because of my age, but my current doctor thinks it is the right call.

Are you doing a PTR? If so I would love to read along!

Day 3 - The Day of Dreams

I am so excited about this day. There are multiple things happening that are so high up on my bucket list, I can not believe that they are both happening!

This will be another early morning. I will be heading from Fort Wilderness to Magic Kingdom for something incredibly exciting.

marceline-tour_998.jpg

I am going to be going on my first Disney World Tour! I am doing the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour! I think it is the perfect tour for this trip. I want to do Keys to the Kingdom one day, but I want to do that with my mom.

The tour starts at 8 and is 3 hours. This is going to be a time crunch. As soon as the tour is over I have to book it to Hollywood Studios. I have a reservation that I am excited beyond belief for.

I have a 12:00 pm reservation at

IMG_2112.jpg

And, it isn't just any lunch. It is....

Imagineer.png

This is a once in a lifetime trip for me. I am going all out for myself. Things have been really rough for the last year and I honestly feel like I deserve to give myself a gift like this. I lost my uncle to cancer, my grandma has been moved into a nursing home with Alzheimers, two car accidents, surgery and my health continuing to get worse. I am a really positive person, but sometimes it gets hard. I think it is time to treat myself a little, and that is what this trip is.

After that I think I will use some Fps.

First up?

toy-story-mania-00.jpg

It wouldn't be a trip to DHS without a spin on TSMM! I love this ride and always have a blast on it!

Next up is one of my all time favorite rides!!

star-tours1.jpg

Star Tours!!! I will most likely ride this many times this night. There are night EMH and I plan on taking advantage of that!

Last but not least I am going to get a FP for a show that I enjoyed so much the one time I saw it!

Lights-Motors-Action-1.jpg

Lights, Motors, Action is so much fun! It is also a nice break to just sit for a while.

I will for sure take in a showing of Fantasmic and then ride some rides during EMH. I am hoping to maybe fit in Beauty and the Beast as well as another ride on TSMM and a few more Star Tours!

My only other "to do" is to stop into the Tune In Lounge

tune-in-lounge-00.jpg

and pick up one of these!

b4210bac957ed647d042c64a58dec4e0.jpg

I didn't get to have a shake when I was at 50's in December and I really want to try one on this trip!

EMH are only until 9 pm so this will most likely be an early night!

Next up: Magic Kingdom Day!

Hey! So excited to see someone my age doing a trip! I'm not 'solo' but I am taking my boyfriend (he's never been). He'll be 20 and I'll be 21! And our trips overlap a bit, I'm going 3/5/16-3/10/16!

Hey! So excited to see someone my age doing a trip! I'm not 'solo' but I am taking my boyfriend (he's never been). He'll be 20 and I'll be 21! And our trips overlap a bit, I'm going 3/5/16-3/10/16!

That's so cool! I sometimes feel like no one my age is on here! That's so cool that our trips overlap!!

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom!

Ah, my favorite park! Once again, I will be getting an early start. I plan on trying to head out at about 7:15 to the Magic Kingdom. The park doesn't open until 9am, but I have a very special reason!

Disney+World+Crystal+Palace101.jpg

I have my first ever, prepark opening breakfast reservation! I got the first reservation at 8 am! I want to get into the park as early as they will let me in so that I can take some pictures on the almost empty Main Street!

I love the Crystal Palace. I love the characters and the building is so pretty. Plus, anyone that knows me will know that character breakfasts are my favorite! They have lots of my favorite foods! I am a huge smoked salmon lover but it is expensive. I love any time that I can have good smoked salmon on a buffet and Disney has never disappointed me! There are also a few things I am dying to try!

Crystal-Palace-breakfast-Lasagna2.jpg

5d8fd3a6399e9014bb7e3c5ba9825ffd.jpg

Plus who doesn't love a good Mickey waffle?

mickey-waffles.jpg

I figure by the time that I finish breakfast, the park should just be opening. I am not 100% sure on how I am going to use my Fps, but I think I have a pretty good idea. Plus there is one that I am DYING to get, but first, some favorites.

2048x1536

7DMT is one of my favorites and with the lines being so long, I want to make sure I have a FP to ride it again this day! I may also try to get in a ride first thing in the morning before the lines get out of control.

4394161100_be7d1b7999_b.jpg

Buzz is one of my favorite rides. The lines can get long, but the main reason that I feel like I need a FP is because I can't bring my scooter in the line. Because of the severe pain that I am in constantly, it isn't an option for me to stand for 20 minutes in line. Also, I am traveling alone so I do not even have the option to transfer to a wheelchair for the line. I love this ride so much that I would hate to have to skip it, like I will have to for Pirates :(. I know Disney does the best that they can for disabilities, but it is a little frustrating sometimes. I love Pirates and because I can't push myself in the wheelchair (shoutout to 2 car accidents for leaving my shoulders both needing surgery), I don't get to go on it. Oh well, at least I get to go on any rides! That's what I focus on! And I make it work for rides that are really important to me, like Buzz!

This last FP I am keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for. It is my goal to meet all of the characters and meeting the princesses is my personal favorite. I know this is the hardest FP to get. That is why I am trying for it on what will be my 60+3 day instead of my first day there. I am hoping maybe that will help a little bit.

DSCF5919.JPG

I think I am going to need a LOT of extra pixie dust on my FP day to get this one, but I am hoping! I love Frozen and I love both Anna and Elsa. I think it would be another awesome thing to check off of my list on this trip!

Obviously, I have no idea what time my Fps will be, but I do know what time my lunch ADR is! You may be wondering where I am having lunch, well, let me show you!

beourguestentrance.jpg

I had lunch at Be Our Guest in April and loved every second of it! I thought the food was great and you can not beat the view!

be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

I am pretty sure I already know what I am going to get, the same as last time!

Be-Our-Guest-Roast-Beef-Sandwich-600x362.jpg

I love a good roast beef sandwich and this was a FANTASTIC roast beef sandwich! I loved the sauce on it and the bread was awesome!

I plan on splurging a little and getting 2 cupcakes. Yup, you read that right. Last time my mom and I split 2 cupcakes and I loved them both that I couldn't choose just one! I figure I can eat half of each then and then have the rest later!

Gotta have the grey stuff, it's delicious!

be-our-guest.jpg

But the chocolate cupcake was so good that I can't skip that either!

My reservation is at 1:45 pm which will give me enough time to get to Festival of Fantasy. I don't know what it is about that darn parade, but I cry every time. Disney is very emotional for me as a whole. It is my happy place. It is my hope when my health gets bad and I am in the hospital. It is my distraction when pain seems like it will never go away. When I am actually there it gets a little overwhelming. It is like every emotion is on overload and I can't help but cry, but it is a good cry. It's a "I fought and made it through again, and now I am here" cry.

My plan for the rest of the day is just to take in some of my favorite rides, a Mickey pretzel or two and just enjoy being at my favorite place.

I am going to end the night with two of my favorites.

600-Main-Street-Electrical-Parade.jpg

I love the MSEP and it is so classic Disney to me. I remember watching it on my first trip to WDW when I was 4. I was terrified of it, but that is another story for another day ;).

Then I am going to finish out my last full park day and my last night with my favorite.

tumblr_loz10gEdUN1qdmlkeo1_1280.jpg

Wishes makes me cry every time. It is for the same reasons I put for FoF. It is so beautiful and means so much to me. It fills me with so much hope for the future and that is such a beautiful thing.

After Wishes I will head back to Fort Wilderness for one more night!

Hi! I just read through your posts and I will be crossing my fingers that this trip is FANTASTIC for you! I'm taking my two little girls (ages 5 & 4 at trip time!) for their first visit from 3/19/16-3/25/16. I'm SUPER EXCITED and am trying REALLY hard not to be overwhelmed with the planning aspect. Booking the ADRs was pretty intense for me :D Anyway, I'm loving your posts and may be borrowing some of your plans for us ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter