Agent didn't respond, now it's gone

roac8362

Earning My Ears
I was hoping to switch cruises yesterday from a 3-night veranda out of Port Canaverl to a 4-night concierge out of Galveston. I messaged my agent when I saw it yesterday about 5 and asked to change. She never responded and this morning it's gone :( and she still hasn't responded. Next time should I go ahead and book it? Will Disney let me switch my own reservations or does my agent have to do it? I'm just so disappointed this morning...

That's disappointing! How much time did you give the TA to respond? Your other posts were last evening, so in all honestly, while many TA's work "all hours" they do have families and I personally wouldn't expect a response in the late evening/night hours.

You would not be able to change or cancel the original reservation; the TA "owns" that. You could have booked the new cruise yourself, and then transferred it to the TA. Whether or not you should do that really depends on circumstances -- such as is it a special offer, how many rooms are still available, how important is the change, do you have the funds to cover a new deposit and wait for refund of anything paid previously.

So sorry, keep watching and let your TA know you are interested so s/he can watch for you as well. Something else may pop up especially since it's shortly before PIF.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was hoping to switch cruises yesterday from a 3-night veranda out of Port Canaverl to a 4-night concierge out of Galveston. I messaged my agent when I saw it yesterday about 5 and asked to change. She never responded and this morning it's gone :( and she still hasn't responded. Next time should I go ahead and book it? Will Disney let me switch my own reservations or does my agent have to do it? I'm just so disappointed this morning...

It is possible that the stateroom you want will become available. Sometimes someone puts the stateroom on hold and then fails to secure it with payment.

Also, even if you do nab it yourself, there is a slight to good chance your TA can pick it up. You'd have to release it when she's able to go in the system and get it after you release it. I've done that when I made a boo-boo. It worked! Good luck!

I've never used a TA so not sure how it works but if you e-mail them between 5p and 7a, do they drop dinner with their family or wake up in the middle of the night and go to work on your reservation? Wasn't sure if they had 24 hour staff or something?

I e-mailed my agent about 5 yesterday evening and totally understand agents having lives and families and knew there was only a small possibility of a response last night. But I also know that with Disney reservations you have to be on top of it or miss it. She has e-mailed me this morning and said that she called and it's no longer available but she will keep an eye on it today. I'm really just disappointed that I didn't go ahead and book it and let her fix the rest of it later lol Live and learn and next time nab it while I can! Thanks for the responses! Next time I will for sure be more proactive!

I used an agent I mainly contacted via email for two cruises and she was very nice and accommodating but I feel like I have more control over my reservation with Costco because I know I can get in touch with them most of the time. I also don't mind bugging them as much:)

I understand your frustration. The same thing happened to me once when changing from a standard room to a Concierge room. That's my biggest issue with using a TA.

This is the one reason I have been hesitant to book through an agent. We change our minds a lot, and usually it's at 10pm on a weekend! Not only do I want to be able to go ahead and make the change right away, even if I was OK with waiting until a reasonable business hour, I'm afraid the agent would get so frustrated with me and all my changes.

I've used TA's for WDW because they offer a better price, but I really don't like it. I tend to need to make a few changes after booking. You email them it takes hours for them to respond. You email them right back and then hours to respond again. I prefer to do things myself. I know they get a commission, but I always feel bad asking them to do anything. I also hate waiting for an answer. I just don't have the patience for it.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a prime example of why I don't book via an agent. You lose control over your own reservation.

If you've booked with an agent who isn't 24/7, either he prepared to book on your own if something changes OR don't check while the agent is closed. When we use costcotravel that's what I do; I just don't check while they are closed.

I've used TA's for WDW because they offer a better price, but I really don't like it.

There's really only one wdw TA that can get a better price than booking your own. They use convention rates and have limitations.

If you aren't using that specific TA you might check on wdw prices booking on your own...

This is the one reason I have been hesitant to book through an agent. We change our minds a lot, and usually it's at 10pm on a weekend! Not only do I want to be able to go ahead and make the change right away, even if I was OK with waiting until a reasonable business hour, I'm afraid the agent would get so frustrated with me and all my changes.

Haha this is so me as well! I change cabins several times on a cruise reservation (just changed it for the 5th time on our May 2018 cruise!) And change dates, too lol So yeah, I need complete control over our reservations; I don't want to keep bugging a TA with all my stuff AND I'm far too impatient to wait around for someone to get back to me about our cruise.

I'm learning here... Are you watching for better prices or are you at a price point and then you see something better, longer, or concierge for same price and then switch? Are there not penalties for changing? Just curious so I can learn more. I'm more of a diy girl but I did book through TA... Thx.

Haha this is so me as well! I change cabins several times on a cruise reservation (just changed it for the 5th time on our May 2018 cruise!) And change dates, too lol So yeah, I need complete control over our reservations; I don't want to keep bugging a TA with all my stuff AND I'm far too impatient to wait around for someone to get back to me about our cruise.

Yeah...we shall not discuss how many times I've changed my cabin for my Wonder cruise. (TBH, I'm not even sure which cabin I'm booked in at the moment. LOL) I would drive a travel agent 100% batty.

I'm learning here... Are you watching for better prices or are you at a price point and then you see something better, longer, or concierge for same price and then switch? Are there not penalties for changing? Just curious so I can learn more. I'm more of a diy girl but I did book through TA... Thx.
You can’t get a better price but you may want to switch your room or even switch your cruise. There is no penalties for switching rooms at any point and you pay the rates of the original date you booked. Other cruise lines don’t have this deal. Switching cruises, it has to be before pay in full date and you pay that day’s prices.

I didn't get the room I was hoping for but I actually ended up changing cruises anyways! We were originally booked on the 3-Night December 26th Dream but after seeing the flight prices I just couldn't justify the final price of everything for a 3-night cruise. We are now booked on the 5-Night January 12th Magic and will probably come out a little cheaper but the kids will have to miss a few days of school :/ Does anyone know when it comes to booking activities if that is something that the agent can do or if I'm supposed to handle that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter