• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Age of Children on ABD Trips?

nashvegas

Earning My Ears
I am looking at taking an ABD trip with 2 teenagers. I know each trip is different, but what is the usual age range? Mostly young children, teenagers....?

On our ABD Ireland Trip this past May we had six children between the ages of 8-15. They all became thick as thieves and hung out together for most of the trip - they were alot of fun to be around!

On our Enchanted China trip, there were 15 "children" aged 8-22 and 16 parents. There were about 6 or 7 kids aged 12 and under. The rest were pretty evenly split from 14-22. The kids on our trip had a blast too.

I think the number of kids (and ages) will depend largely on when you plan to travel (and possibly where). On our Southwest Splendours trip last August, we had a great group of "kids". There were 4 teenagers (high school aged) that hung out together, 2 middle school girls that were constant companions, and a group of 10 or so boys and girls that ranged from 5 to 12 that formed a big "gang" that had a great deal of fun. All of the groups got along together really well and mixed it up at the various events and on the bus.

I think had we gone earlier in the season (May to early June) or later (Sept. or Oct.), there would not have been nearly as many kids, and you probably would have picked up more college age kids or kids who would not be in school at the usual times.

Either way--we have done 2 ABD trips (and signed up for a third), in part because our 2 kids (8 and 11) have such a great time hanging out with the other kids on the trip.

I would ask the Disney agents when you book how many children and what age groups are booked for the particular trip you are looking at. They will not give you specifics, but they ususally give you an age range with a number of kids.

Good luck!

Turtlemom :earsboy:

I agree with Turtlemom, but just to elaborate, it doesn't seem that it matters that much what the age range is on the trips. On ours, we went from 7-16, and although for some parts the kids tended to split in half along the 13-year old line, for others they all hung out together (especially, for example, in the swimming pool) and age was irrelevant. That was one of the really nice things about the tour -- people just hung out together regardless of age or sex or anything like that. Our tour (early July) was split 50-50 between kids and adults. There were 7 girls and 7 boys, and pretty much an equal number of teens and kids/tweens. And they all got along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter