Age for wearing costumes

Kazzabelle

<font color=deeppink>I have not even been on my Ju
Hi all,
I know there is an age restriction for when they are not allowed to dress up. When I surprise the kids with their trip at Christmas I was going to make a package up for them each with a plush, Disney bits and a new dress up out for each of them. But my step daughter will be 12 by the time we go. Will she be turned away? She is a small age 11 at the moment she wears the same size clothes as my DD and she is 9.
Thanks guys x

Gosh no, I really hope not! At 12 they should still be able to dress up - if they want to that is, kids grow up so quickly they often don't want to which is sad! My DD1 has just turned 11 and she would dress up all the time if she could - although she saves it for Halloween and Disney now on the whole lol!

I believe pre-teens are allowed wearing costumes. They mostly want to prevent guests from being mistaken as CMs!

Guest who are under 14 may dress up so she'll be fine.

edit: didn't realize this was for DLP the 14 rule is for US parks so as other posters said DLP is 12. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
The rule's under 12 for DLP - Costumes and masks may not be worn by any visitors ages 12 or older (unless required for medical purposes). I'm surprised the age limit isn't universal, 14 is a much fairer age.

However, if she's small for her size it's not going to be an issue - a young teen who still looks like a child isn't going to attract any attention, it's when they look more mature and could possibly be mistaken for an adult CM.

Thanks all,
I think 12 is a little young for them to stop wearing costumes too. I can understand 14/15 as they start wearing make up and looking older.
She still looks very young and is short too.
I think i will take her some costumes and if she is asked to change i will take spare to the park with me.
Thanks x

I know they stop doing BBB at 12 at WDW so maybe that is why. But 12 at DDP too? But young. I think they should allow costumes full stop it's fun! As long as they follow certain guidelines. I mean even in the event a member of the public was mistaken for a cast member the oceans would not dry up or the sun impload. Ever been to a store like Walmart and accidently worn a similar top and been asked where the ice cream is? Did it endanger the lives of all shoppers lol...

I know what you mean Paula it is fun to dress up, I would too if I was allowed ha ha ha. I'm still trying to persuade DH to wear Mickey ears when we go... So far not happening:tongue:

When DS2 was about 10 he was desperate to wear the Captain Jack Sparrow costume and wig he bought in the park and did so. He wasn't very tall for his age and no adults around were fooled into thinking he was a character but several very small children were and would run after him autograph book in hand! :)

Lol my 6 year old turned heads dressed as Merida this trip (mainly because of her bright orange wig!!), and a guest actually asked if we wouldn't mind if she had her photo taken with her on the day she was dressed as Alice!

C x

Ah that's such a shame - my DD1 will be 12 when we go next year. She'll be gutted not to be able to dress up I'm sure. I think I might just see if we can get away with it if she decides to dress up - I mean, due to peer pressure she wouldn't do it at home as I said earlier, but in Disney everything is different! The problem becomes getting costumes for that age though lol!

When she was Sally (my sig pic) at Halloween, we couldn't move for people asking for a photo with her and of her too - even CMs!! My little Minnie witch (DD2) was popular too but not as much as mini Sally!

In WDW BBB is 12, but the Mermaid Makeover in the Pirates League is much older - not even sure there is an age limit. I know it's more makeup and hair rather than costume though.

We've looked at Disney Bounding and I think DD1 might get into that - I honestly don't really get it though...

Don't tar and feather me but lie, it isn't like she is 18 and you are saying 11. My kids were only 8 and 6 when they did BBB in Hong Kong but they had numerous adults and kids want to take pictures with them.

Ah thanks littlejen - I'm sure we'll be fine as she will be just 12 :cutie:.

if she still looks like a child rather than a young adult, she'll be fine dressing up if thats what she wants to do.

Thanks Elaine - she is just 11 now and is starting to look older, so I'm sure in another year she will be more developed - however, you can clearly see she is still a child! She certainly doesn't wear makeup or anything like that, unlike some of her peers!!

Kids just grow up too quickly :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter