• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afternoon tea at GF

belle825

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are heading to the GF in 39 days :earsgirl: :jumping1: My mom, sister in law, 2 year old niece, 4 year old daughter and I have reservations for an afternoon tea at the GF. This has been on our bucket list for me and my mom since I was a little girl and now we get to share it with my daughter and niece. Tell me about your experiences, especially if you've taken kids. Please share pictures, too! What did you love? What did you dislike? Favorite parts? Thanks!

Been plenty of times, never with a child. Haven't even seen a child there when I have gone.
I stopped going when they took the ala carte menu away since too many of the things are not on my eating plan anymore.....very disappointed in that.

Have a great time.

I've seen children there each time I've been. In fact I took my DD8 and my niece and they LOVED it. They were presented with a rose at the end of the meal and thought it was the best thing ever. If you time it right Cinderella and Prince charming do the waltz and a princess promenade every afternoon. They loved that as well.

I've seen children there each time I've been. In fact I took my DD8 and my niece and they LOVED it. They were presented with a rose at the end of the meal and thought it was the best thing ever. If you time it right Cinderella and Prince charming do the waltz and a princess promenade every afternoon. They loved that as well.
Would it be something that my daughter could wear her princess dress to?

My grandsons (6,6,&8) live in London and love going to tea. Does anyone know if it will be a similar experience? Do they refill favorites? Thx!

I have a reservation for the afternoon tea in December. Looking forward to it. Thank you for starting this thread as it has assisted me with my planning.

My grandsons (6,6,&8) live in London and love going to tea. Does anyone know if it will be a similar experience? Do they refill favorites? Thx!
I've not been, but I've read up on it.

No, they do not refill anything. Even tea. You have to pay for a second pot.

Would it be something that my daughter could wear her princess dress to?
Yes, you can. I should have specified better. They don't do the waltz at the tea but actually in the lobby of the GF, the tea room overlooks the lobby. You can either join them there or do the princess promenade and follow them downstairs, it starts at Citricos. They don't sign autographs but photopass is there and they take a big group shot at the start then throughout the Waltz. If you get lucky and dance we one of them, you can get your picture together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter