After two years, we've returned !

Trying not to feed the squirrels? Not this guy! I feed them simply to protect my property, I consider it a necessary sacrifice, especially in the 400 loop. Those suckers have been known to pick locks and chew through power cords to get their due.

Good morning good Friends at the Fort !
Yesterday Bob and Kathy, good friends from Tennessee came for a visit,
Bob had to reteach me the art of bream angling outta the Meadows pond, and we did catch a few,
great time . ::yes:: We visited with Dave , Linda, and Lou stopped by for a visit too.
After, Bob took us out for PIZZA, a place not far from here called Stromboli's . I know what you may think that "not caring much "
for Pizza is un-American, which I'm not a big Pizza fan,,but that was a very awesome Pizza :dancer:

Guess we'll be wrapping up camp today, we'll be leaving out to go back to the tundra of Tennessee tomorrow.
Really gonna miss the Fort and specially the friends and new friends we've met.:wave:
Yes, I decided that being at the Fort is better then working,,,,imagine that.

Talk atchya'll later.

Frank and Denise,

Thanks for having us along on another fine report. However, you gotta do us a favor:

Stop being a stranger around here will ya? I miss the bacon and fish jokes.

...and the Christmas monkey

...and the Christmas game

Looking at heading through your neck of the woods possibly this summer or next en route to Mammoth Cave National Park. I'll look you up prior to departure. Would like some info on a good place to camp around Nashville so we can spend a day or two seeing some sites there. I'll cook you guys a meal.

It's hard to go back to work after being off for a month. ;)

It is hard enough after taking 2 weeks off work, I can't imagine a month or longer. Do you have to go back through orientation after a month?

Snow day!?

I haven't seen one of those in years. You got any pictures of what it looks like? My memory can't seem to recall.

Snow day!?
My kid had one today... for 2 inches of snow... that stopped by midnight... and the plows had been down most of the streets in town.

I had a 7am meeting. It still took over an hour to get to work when it normally takes 40 minutes.

Silly people don't know how to drive. It's the same when it rains.

j

It's sad to say that even here in Northeast PA, where we are (or should be) used to snow in the winters, and people still don't know how to handle it. An inch of snow and it seems like they (the powers to be) want to cancel or delay school. I blame the lawyers because everyone is afraid of a law suit.

I still recall days when snow had to be 3 inches before you would get a delay. When Snow started, buses had snow chains to get around. It had to be near blizzard conditions to get a snow day. Now-a-days you get a stiff wind with a few flakes and everyone runs for their french toast supplies (ya' know, eggs, milk and bread!) :rolleyes2

I learned to drive in a 1972 Dodge Demon with a 225 slant six and 3 speed on the floor with bald summer tires. :drive: I used to have a blast driving it in the snow, that is until I hit black Ice and a guard rail on the Turnpike took it out of commission. (Sadly at that point, the tires weren't going to make a difference).

I am okay if people don't feel comfortable driving in the snow and bad weather but for God's sake, then STAY HOME and don't try to drive in it. You put yourself and everyone else at risk.

Okay... Rant over. :)

I was raised in Upstate NY, we didn't have snow days we had blizzard days. As I recall those were few and far between. Oh, I also walked to school, uphill in the snow and ice and frigid cold. True story. (I loved telling that to my DS) :)

:) Snow day today, not bad work a day and get a day off.
We are glad, well, sort of, that we passed through your area last Thursday, instead of this week. Think the snow and our mishap with our fifth wheel would have made for some long delays. Stay safe and warm. Mir was so great to meet you both.

Have awoken this morning to the local weatherman on television foaming at the mouth and jumping around in front of a weather map. Apparently the fool is saying we have a 50% chance of snow tomorrow morning with accumulations possible of 1/2 inch. Let the panic begin...

I am so glad I no longer work in the grocery business anymore. Snow and ice warnings around here made for a mad chaotic situation in a grocery store. Way worse than Thanksgiving and Christmas...combined.

At the beginning of the week they were predicting (by Friday) that we would have massive amounts of snow (FEET), then they started backing off to a couple of inches to a foot, now they are saying we might be able to "Broom" it off our sidewalks...

My Mantra! "Believe NONE of what you hear and only HALF of what you see."

We might get 8 inches, we might get 1/2 inch. :D Why don't they just say "we have no idea".

We might get 8 inches, we might get 1/2 inch. :D Why don't they just say "we have no idea".
Because then they would get a pay cut. At least if they give a "Forecast" and they are wrong, they at least gave one. My favorite is when it's a "50% chance of ........" they can then claim success.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter