After two years, we've returned !

Good evening Fort Friends !
Went to the World of Animals today, (AK).
As ya'll know, Animal Kingdom is my all time favorite park, :D.
And of course we rode my ALL TIME favorite ride, the "Dinosaur" ride ! Man I love that !!
Had lunch at the Tusker House,,if we don't like a place the first time, we always give it another try,
still not impressed. It cost us the same $ for lunch as did the Cape May Cafe for dinner,
for my buck the CMC rates much higher.

Hope ya'll hava great night pixiedust:

Talk atcha tomorrow.

Great morning to all our Fort Friends !
Don't know what your talk'n about :rolleyes1. Everyone knows my favorite is Hollywood Studios:yay:.
And my favorite ride of all time has to be "Tower of Scary" (TOT).I swear I can't get enough of it !
Wouldn't it be great to have your very own TOT so after your first cuppa joe you could just take a ride
to get your adrenaline going for the day !
So it's been a while since we were to Hollywood , hadda GREAT time!
Not sure how long the new 8:OO fireworks show has been showing but if you haven't seen it yet
then OMG ! ya'll gotta go see it !!! For us it was the third best Fireworks show ever,,the very finale
was literally earth shaking, you could feel the FORCE flowing from your feet thru your body !! For real !!!
And it has been a very long time since "One mans Dream",,that is something that should be mandatory
for all to see at least once, I feel folk should know where, "Disney as we know it", came from.
(of course thats just my opinion) (and it otta be yours:rolleyes1)
And Fantasmic was FANTASMIC !!!pixiedust:

We had lunch at the "Hollywood & Vine", it was better then Tusker House but just a little better than "good"'
They changed that eatery to a character place now, (I don't like that part) Now don't get me wrong,
I like kids BUT there are a lotta parents who REALLY need to learn how to raise their children.
My other gripe is, yeah, yeah , I know that cell phones are a wonderful tool, but they should be ban'd in the parks.
(again, j.m.o.) Cell phones are gonna be the death of civilization as we know it.
The end.of my gripes.

Gotta get this day started ya'll, hope ya'llz is a magical day !pixiedust:

Good morn'n Friends of the Fort !
Ya know it may be rain'n, but it's better then being in Tennessee !
Just want to say that we have met some very lovely folk at the Fort this trip,
great to meet fellow Dissers, Bill & Barb, also Arnold & Friendofeeyore. (great with faces, horrible wth names, forgive me)

Went to my all time favorite park :dancer:
Went to the Land of Magic (MK) yesterday,,it sure got busy.
Rode my ALL TIME FAVORITE ride in the Land of the Rabbit, (Brier Rabbit) , Splash Mountain.
Gonna share another opinion with ya'll,
the new Fast Pass system plus SUCKS ! The ONLY one it benefits is Disney,,now we are limited on how many passes you can use inna day (basically). Once you have loaded your Fast Pass onto the Magic Band (before you leave for your trip) you cannot
get another Fast Pass until ALL 3 passes are used/expired,,by that time a great deal of the day has already passed and then you have to wait INNA LINE to get just ONE MORE Fast Pass !
I think Disney is try'n to phase out fast pass,,and/or they have some other notions in the works.:confused3

Crystal Palace, ::yes::, good food , good characters, yuppers I got full.
Didn't get to ride Dwarfs Mine Train , but I did hear someone say it was a really rough ride,,and then stand'n inna line for the boats I heard someone else talk'n bout it was smoothest coaster they were ever on :confused3.
Hadda great time, saw the Fireworks.

The new fish count is now up to 64 party:
This morning I discovered a new fishing technique that seems to work quite nicely,
fishing while still in your pajamas , I caught 4 bass before breakfast outta the canal behind our site .
Caught most of them in the deep (2 foot).:banana:

Talk atcha little later.

Very cool pics! We were in 300 loop last April and saw a gator swimming in the canal behind our site. Is this where these are taken? I have to add it was also our first time to the Fort also and can't wait to return!

No, those gators were bout 30 minute drive from Disney.
I have however, fished with small gators at the Fort on several occasions .
(at the lake)

We have found that booking our fastpasses in the morning works best. When we go to MK for the first night we watch the fireworks. For any other nights we wait until the fireworks and then run for the rides. Even 7DMT was down to like 15-20 minutes when we did this. There are fewer things better than riding Big Thunder when the fireworks are going off. That ride is literally walk on most times when we did this.

My kids like Splash Mountain, my wife really likes riding it first thing in the morning. That wet hair frizzy look just lasts all day...

Good morning Fort Friends !!

Okay, gotta get this outta my head,,this is not gonna be pretty so if ya don't wanna hear me gripe
then ya might wanna close your eyes.

It's a dang shame that selfish pigs (people) come to the Fort and abuse it .
We as campers, try to leave every site (no matter where we camp) a better place for the next folk, try to leave it the I would like to find it.

That being said, It REALLY upsets me that we step in dog poop that doesn't belong to our dog ,and how come people take trash with them into the great outdoors and then leave it for others to enjoy as part of the scenery.

Do these people treat their own homes like this?

People like that should just stay home.

Okay you can open your eyes now.

Hello you beautiful buncha Fort Friends !

FISH count is now 67, caught one yesterday and just before supper tonight, 2 more
keeping in mind when we fish it's usually only bout half to a hour atta time.

Did a lotta looping and visited with friends today, gotta say that this is the way life should be.
Chow'd at the troth at the Cape May Cafe. Man thats some good chew'n ! :dancer:

talk atchyall later.

Last edited:
Good morning all you Friends of the Fort !
Gonna be a cooler but beautiful day ! (it's 12 back home this morn)

This morning I had the next best thing to bacon for breakfast,
Homemade Rice Crispy Treats ! (with milk)
and they were awesome ! Thanks to some new Fort Friends.
Just when ya think Rice Crispy Treats can't be improved, BAM !, they are .

Errands to run, bye ya'll.

Hit Disney Springs this morn, wow, In all my years I've not seen this much construction going on all over Disney at any one given time as now !!
No wonder that $30. shirt I wanted now cost $150. :rolleyes2
Shouldn't DownTown Disney be called Construction Springs ??

There was a mens shop called "The Art of Shave" there also,,,they wanted $45./hair cut and $55./shave.
Wasn't a single sole in there,,,what a surprise, couldn't believe I actually pasted up that bargain !

Went to "Earls" house to hava "Sandwich" , his mom makes a really mean sandwich,
or, someone does, :confused3

Left there and went to the Disney Outlet in the mall on Vineland Ave....
got some good buys there.

Wanna point out there is a Shell Station on Vineland where you can get gas for $5.99 gal. of regular.
If you don't want to pay for gas like the big boys, you can get it for $1.86 a block away.

Spent the evening looping (not the same as gett'n loopy) and then enjoy'n the evening sunset outside with a cuppa joe.

Ya'll hava awesome night.

There was a mens shop called "The Art of Shave" there also,,,they wanted $45./hair cut and $55./shave.
Wasn't a single sole in there,,,what a surprise, couldn't believe I actually pasted up that bargain !
Makes the Gillette Mach 3 look cheap!

I guess they are really advertising for the Dollar Shave Club with rates like that! While I'd love to have a nice shave (professionally) I think I'd pass at that rate.

Wanna point out there is a Shell Station on Vineland where you can get gas for $5.99 gal. of regular.
If you don't want to pay for gas like the big boys, you can get it for $1.86 a block away.

I seem to recall that when I was down there in 2014. I needed gas and just pulled into a station. Got ready to pump and then I looked at the price. Then I put the pump nozzle back into it's place on the pump and pulled out. Unless I was running on fumes and there is no other option, I am going somewhere else. How do businesses do this? Really? I think they are counting on people just not paying attention until it's too late.

I've seen that gas station too Frank. I think they are trying to rip off desparate drivers or foreigners who forget their exchange rate to the dollar.

Bama Ed

Good morning to all the Friends of the Fort !

So this chilly morn I was lay'n in bed think'n this is a pancake kinda morning.
A pancake with Chocolate Chips kinda morning.
You know, the kinda chocolate chips pancake served with bacon kinda morning.
Oh what the heck, throw on a couple of over easy eggs too.
Along with coffee & orange juice. :dancer:

Hey, did I mention a couple dayz ago we were at the pond behind the Meadows and I counted 17 different people
fishing, 4 of which were fishing with multi poles. Most of these anglers were young folk (teenagers) .
Very cool, fishing is finally catching on. It is really good to see young people fishing.

Yesterday, was out looking at part of the old R.R. tracks that run thru 700 loop. It's very cool to look at and imagine
that at one time theses tracks were laid to help settle folk across the great wilderness of America. Think of all the hardships,
the giant gators,, bears,, beastly cougars,, hunting your food,, collecting fire wood,, building a shelter.
Okay, maybe not America, but at least the campground, we all know how brutal it can be making reservations,,
try'n not to feed the squirrels,, buy'n a bundle of fire wood from the store,, hav'n to endure a mosquito bite,
and least we not forget having going swimming on Christmas day because it was 86 !!
Okay, check'n out the R.R. tracks really are very cool, it is part of the Disney history.

Heres another little tid-bit,, did you know that Ponce De Leon once came to the pond behind the Meadows
in search of the Fountain of Youth.
Okay, that's not true either, but I am pretty sure he stopp'd into the store for
a cup of Joffrey's coffee. (good coffee)

Hava great day ya'll !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter