After the tour is over...

mwebsite

Mouseketeer
I'm having a bit of depression that my tour that I looked forward to for so long is done! Did anyone else have similar feelings? It was such the trip of a lifetime, I want to do more! We even planned a little getaway in July, but I can't get past Italy is behind me! I have tried to plan for my next ABD, probably in 2 - 3 years (Provence and Paris, perhaps?), but it seems so far away. I am just so excited to explore more of the world! How long does this feeling last?

I'm having a bit of depression that my tour that I looked forward to for so long is done! Did anyone else have similar feelings? It was such the trip of a lifetime, I want to do more! We even planned a little getaway in July, but I can't get past Italy is behind me! I have tried to plan for my next ABD, probably in 2 - 3 years (Provence and Paris, perhaps?), but it seems so far away. I am just so excited to explore more of the world! How long does this feeling last?

...at or around August 1st 2009 :rotfl: (when rates & dates comes out for next year)....

ok....to be serious - I hear ya. Hang in there. Me? I am currently working on my ABD "Spirit of America" trip (Sept 2009) and my "Emerald Isle" trip (2 b scheduled sometime during mid May to early June 2010). And in 6 months, I begin working on a return trip to Disney World (7 nights; Dec 2010). - That's how I keep from going ":eek:."

I think there needs to be a support group. I just got back and I have never felt this way before. I miss the guides, the people in the group, as well as Ireland itself. How is that possible?

I think there needs to be a support group. I just got back and I have never felt this way before. I miss the guides, the people in the group, as well as Ireland itself. How is that possible?

....support group it is :goodvibes.

hey.....if you have a "Walmart" in your area....they have a dvd of Ireland. they show landscapes of the Ireland country side and it's all set to music.
this dvd will be found in their candle / relaxation aisle.

They also have Irish music - got the music all loaded up on my I-pod.... "Whiskey in the Jar"....love that song....
and I also enjoy watching the dvd when I get home from work. It's a great way to decompress and view some of the places I will be seeing in person in a "few" more months.

I've only been on 2 trips but I had the same feeling after both. I believe it is 'Never Never Land' for those of us that don't travel much. No cares, no worries, no decisions except maybe what you should eat off the buffet, all fun and good times. Coming back to reality, even if it is a good reality, still falls short of the Magic. Give it a couple weeks, the magic and memories will still be there but they will be replaced by day to day events.

hey.....if you have a "Walmart" in your area....they have a dvd of Ireland. they show landscapes of the Ireland country side and it's all set to music.
this dvd will be found in their candle / relaxation aisle.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna check out our Walmart! We did buy a CD in Ireland of Irish Music.

That or a 12 step program:)

I feel the same depression! I was ready and happy to come home, but had such a fabulous time and all that energy spent planning and researching, etc...now the trip is OVER?!!! I am working on a scrapbook and have been sorting, organizing, journaling, and basically reliving it all over, but it's not like being there and experiencing it! :hug:

I think this thread is my support group. I feel better knowing that my feelings were shared by others. Actually, today I'm not so down. I just wish my next ABD was in six months, not in a couple years!

I've also been listening to Radio - liveIreland Channel 1 for Traditional Irish Music. ;)

.....you are on to something good here:goodvibes . I appreciate the suggestion. Now I can listen to wonderful music while I am in my kitchen cooking - even download a few selections.....podcast mabey via my I-pod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter