After Thanksgiving Price Match Refund -WiiU

WendyisDarling

DIS Veteran
Anyone know of stores that will refund price difference for items purchased this week that are on sale post Thanksgiving?
I promised my son a Nintendo WiiU console Mario Kart bundle for his BD next weekend.
Of course then learned it will soon be replaced with a different platform in March. Oh well, he has lots of Wii games.

Looking for a sale which seems non-existent until after Thanksgiving. Then discounts are plentiful and potentially deep.
Waiting to purchase/delay gift isn't an option.
I know price matching for refund between what I paid and the new price on a Black Friday special is a no go, but regular sales.
Console is about same price everywhere now.
Any stores that will refund difference?
Thanks for any advice.

Btw if u know of any current sales that would be awesome!

I have no answers but your question got me thinking...the wiiU will be replaced in March? Meaning they won't sell the old games? Will the old games be compatible on the new platform?

We have a wii that is about 8 years old. My kids are still young (7and under) and they have played it a few times, but about a year ago it just stopped working.

We are doing disney the week after thanksgiving so not wanting to do many presents this year for Christmas. I mentioned to DH we should see about getting the Wii fixed or buy them a new console, or buy a used one from ebay.

Have you seen any black friday ads for the wiiU? Just curious how much they are selling for.

Anyone know of stores that will refund price difference for items purchased this week that are on sale post Thanksgiving?
I promised my son a Nintendo WiiU console Mario Kart bundle for his BD next weekend.
Of course then learned it will soon be replaced with a different platform in March. Oh well, he has lots of Wii games.

Looking for a sale which seems non-existent until after Thanksgiving. Then discounts are plentiful and potentially deep.
Waiting to purchase/delay gift isn't an option.
I know price matching for refund between what I paid and the new price on a Black Friday special is a no go, but regular sales.
Console is about same price everywhere now.
Any stores that will refund difference?
Thanks for any advice.

Btw if u know of any current sales that would be awesome!

Check your credit card to see if they offer any "price protection". I know Discover and Citibank do - Citibank will even allow you to "price rewind" to Black Friday prices (I think Discover does too but I'm not positive). But check the terms and conditions on the programs carefully to see what you can and can't turn in for a refund. I have no clue if gaming consoles are excluded. Also Google to see what issues people have with these services - it will given you an idea of what you are in for, and how to set yourself up for the highest chance of success with a claim.

Another option would be to buy now, then buy again when on sale. Then return the second one you bought with the receipt for the first one. That one depends on your ethics though. I'll just leave it at that ;) If you decide to go this route, then be ABSOLUTELY sure the barcodes on the two items match.

Another option would be to buy now, then buy again when on sale. Then return the second one you bought with the receipt for the first one. That one depends on your ethics though. I'll just leave it at that ;) If you decide to go this route, then be ABSOLUTELY sure the barcodes on the two items match.
I think the only problem with this on game systems is that it's not just bar codes but they scan serial numbers as well

It usually depends on the type of sale. If it's just a regular old sale they may price match. If it's one of those doorbuster deals it's usually in the fine print no price matching or rain checks.

I have no answers but your question got me thinking...the wiiU will be replaced in March? Meaning they won't sell the old games? Will the old games be compatible on the new platform?

Yes, the new Nintendo system will be coming in March. The Nintendo Switch, it is a home console and a portable system in one. Old games will NOT work on the new system. Nintendo is going back to cartridges (really SD cards) for this new system. It will not be CD/DVD/Blu-ray based.

Nintendo has said that games announced for the Wii U will still come out for the system (along with on the Switch). 3rd game makers will still make games for the Wii U for a few years as well. 1st party titles from Nintendo will only be released for the new system (after the ones announced come out).

Thanks for CC info! I'll look into it. Is Disney Visa Citibank? I can check. I have a couple others.
My DH said they prob scan serial numbers otherwise I would consider.
Frustrating a new console is a few months away but without being reverse compatible (mavhe wrong term) he can wait a few years. After all we are just buying the WiiU
I knew I could count on you for helpful response!

Yes, the new Nintendo system will be coming in March. The Nintendo Switch, it is a home console and a portable system in one. Old games will NOT work on the new system. Nintendo is going back to cartridges (really SD cards) for this new system. It will not be CD/DVD/Blu-ray based.

Nintendo has said that games announced for the Wii U will still come out for the system (along with on the Switch). 3rd game makers will still make games for the Wii U for a few years as well. 1st party titles from Nintendo will only be released for the new system (after the ones announced come out).

Thanks for your help. This is good info!

Thanks for CC info! I'll look into it. Is Disney Visa Citibank?

Disney Visa is Chase - but they offer price protection on some of their cards too. The best way to see the terms and conditions is probably to log into your Chase account and see if there is a link there to see them.

ETA: I don't see it on my Disney Visa, but I do on some of my other Chase cards. From what I can see, I don't think they will cover Black Friday prices (they exclude "seasonal sales").

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter