After much heartache and heartbreak

Thank you so much for sharing. Your daughter is lucky to have you on her side. :hug:

And you did an awesome job on her Mary Poppins dress! :cool1:

We just got back from another trip to WDW and DD is doing great.
I 'm not sure why, but I am being blown away with her progress this past week or so.

She is now on 2 lpm oxygen.

She no longer walks around the perimiter of the room, hanging on to furniture. She walks across the room.

Her gait has improved dramatically. She no longer hitches her hip but bends her knee.

I took her linedancing yesterday, and she didn't want to stop. Even after everyone had left, she was selecting cds to dance to and reminding me of the steps.

I took her dancing last night, and she no longer veered strongly to the right. I was able to lead her around the floor. She used to dance like one leg was shorter but now she stands tall, and dances much nicer.

Yesterday, for the first time, she colour co-ordinated what she wanted to wear. She asked me if the tee shirt was tourquoise. I said yes, and then she mentioned that it would match the hatband.

I gotta say, I'm blown away with what I'm seeing. I don't know if this is temporary, but I'm thrilled.

The last few weeks when we were in Disney, she was initiating conversation with people. This is totally our of character for her, but not completely unusual for her when she is in WDw, her happy place. But now, I get home and witness all these changes in her and simply marvel. I don't know exactly why, but I hope it continues.

When we were there we made some wonderful memories. I modified a dress for her and transformed her into Mary Poppins. Everyone was blown away by her outfit, even putting it on You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuBgcdMVQa0

I hope the link works. She is at about the 11:07 mark.

Once again she was not eager to come home.

Anyway, I just thoughe I'd share my joy with you. You have all been so kind to me. I really appreciate it.

WONDERFUL!!!!!!:cool1::cool1: So glad to hear you both had a amazing time!

Thank you so much for posting the up date on how the trip went. I really like it when a trip that was planned comes through and we get to hear about it. I appreciate the extra effort you took to come back and report and am glad there have been good things happening.

Thank you so much for the update so glad it went well I hope she continues to do great. Disney has a special magic that can be amazing

Thanks for updating and thanks for continuing to share your DD improvement with us:goodvibes. How impressive to come from 7lpm to 4 to now 2lpm:eek::eek: Keep doing what you are doing. :hug:

Wonderful news about your daughter having to use less oxygen! What great improvement! Love the Mary Poppins dress-she looks very happy! So glad you had a great Disney trip!
Best-Elizabeth:cool1:

What a sweet (and happy) update!

Thanks or finding your thread and posting. The video is great and the Mary Poppins outfit you made for her is wonderful. She looks so happy:goodvibes:goodvibes

Just saw this!
It brought several tears to my eyes!! What a wonderful wonderful wonderful story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter